MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

"OSCILLOSCOPE module"?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author "OSCILLOSCOPE module"?
ncoded
Dear Wigglers,

Are there many modules to display CVs or audio signals? Any you pump into them?

Or should I just go full physics and buy an oscilloscope?

Thanks,

Noob Wiggler

N
lisa
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=Oscilloscope& SearchVendor=&SearchFunction=&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchTe=&Searc hTemethod=max&SearchBuildtype=&SearchLifecycle=&SearchSet=all&SearchMa rketplace=&SearchIsmodeled=0&SearchShowothers=0&SearchShow1u=0&order=p opular&direction=asc

thumbs up
Joe.
Oscillators are great for viewing a waveform, but aside from calibrating the Sine on a DIY VCO there are few occasions where one's actually needed in a rack.

If you just need to dial in precise control voltages then a multimeter is fine, and a lot less hassle to set up.

If you're just after a visual representation of where your CV or Audio levels, theres 4 different meter modules from Happy Nerding, all 4hp. (SO BLINKY!)

ncoded
lisa wrote:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=Oscilloscope& SearchVendor=&SearchFunction=&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchTe=&Searc hTemethod=max&SearchBuildtype=&SearchLifecycle=&SearchSet=all&SearchMa rketplace=&SearchIsmodeled=0&SearchShowothers=0&SearchShow1u=0&order=p opular&direction=asc

thumbs up

THANKS.... oooooh modular grid looks useful. thanks again
ncoded
Joe. wrote:
Oscillators are great for viewing a waveform, but aside from calibrating the Sine on a DIY VCO there are few occasions where one's actually needed in a rack.

If you just need to dial in precise control voltages then a multimeter is fine, and a lot less hassle to set up.

If you're just after a visual representation of where your CV or Audio levels, theres 4 different meter modules from Happy Nerding, all 4hp. (SO BLINKY!)

wow that loooks fun. cheers
sduck
There's the Jones O'Tool (and newer + version). And the Mordax Data. Both euro varieties. You could always go full out, a Rigol DS1054Z can be found fairly inexpensively for a full featured scope. In the world of cheap scopes, there's the DSO Nano, or the DSO 138 kit scope - I installed one of these behind a 5U panel -

jkjelec
Sweet work sduck! I just love the look of your custom modules.
abelovesfun
If you just want eye candy, here's a $26 version: https://aisynthesis.com/cheap-eurorack-oscilloscope/
Shledge
I have an O'Tool+, it's more than just an oscilloscope. Does everything from voltage measurement to spectrograms. Really handy module.
pulplogic
sduck wrote:

SlayerBadger! That looks fantastic! The rotary switches make it legit.
MARK27
sduck wrote:
In the world of cheap scopes, there's the DSO Nano, or the DSO 138 kit scope - I installed one of these behind a 5U panel -

Whoa. That is really cool.

I've seen a few people undertake this project. There was a dude selling assembled eurorack versions of this on Facebook just last month.

One of these days, someone is going to make a kit for this project. I will be first in line.
JohnLRice
Club Of The Knobs list a MU o'scope:
chachi
search on Alibaba for DSO138, not a module but $15 assembled!!
ncoded
cool thanks guys and yes sduck niiiice
MarcelP
Bear in mind the Mordax data is much more than an oscilloscope - it is a generator of sound and signals too - and as a 4 channel scope it has more utility than a dual channel scope - in they you can monitor your signal path at multiple points simultaneously.
chachi
ncoded wrote:
cool thanks guys and yes sduck niiiice

yes, i was late, sduck that is freekin awesome.
MARK27
Joe. wrote:

Just in the past month or two, I've seen a number of Happy Nerding modules get the black panel treatment.

I was really hoping that they would release these meters with black panels as well, but I haven't heard anything.
Dilibob
I monitor control voltages and signals via oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers off of an es-8, i also can debug control voltage sequences this way through that pulse thing in vcv (spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes I run in vcv on a laptop that sits next to the hw rack).
Grumble
The zeroscope, the 6hp dual channel oscilloscope for your Eurorack.

-10V to 10V, 100ms/div to 10 us/div. single, dual, X-Y, frequency measurement and tuner.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157649
ncoded
MarcelP wrote:
Bear in mind the Mordax data is much more than an oscilloscope - it is a generator of sound and signals too - and as a 4 channel scope it has more utility than a dual channel scope - in they you can monitor your signal path at multiple points simultaneously.

yh i saw that one looks really good
ranix
if you're no stranger to front panel express you can make one that really whips the llama's ass

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVOR04-Color-LCD-touchscreen-audio-spectrum-a nalyzer-VU-meter-Oscilloscope/171765947707
sduck
wow - seems cool! Just ordered one.
MARK27
Holy moly!

Unadulterated realtime llama ass-whooping indeed!

eek!
ranix
I got one too, will share my panel if I make one first
MWTangram
sduck
Hallo,
Nice part of the Osci. My question is as follows:
The 40pol cable connection is a daddy on one side and a mommy on the screen side?
MWTangram
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2