MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How is Audulus looking these days?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author How is Audulus looking these days?
j_dowe
I've been tempted by Audulus in the past as it looks pretty slick and powerful. In the last year I've spent time (using and teaching) in Max and VCV.

I'm considering Audulus again, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on whether I'd be investing time and energy into dead end software? In other words, is the community thriving? Is the software still being developed in a significant way?
Phil999
I still think it has some potential. The minimal graphical interface has its advantages.
catchin
I use it a lot. It definitely doesn't have the same learning curve as Max.

From my experience, the software seems more Apple driven, where the iOS and Mac OS X versions are more stable and inline with the support on their website. I use Windows on my production PC, and it can get buggy with certain objects, and sometimes you have to start with the fundamentals to create a workaround to create certain components that are packaged with the Apple versions.

If it's for learning purposes I'd certainly recommend it. For production, not so much, but it's still fun to work with.
rec.Koner
i only have Audulus 2

i lost moment when i could get Audulus 3, now i cant get it cause i'm on ios 10 and it needs ios 11

Audulus is very ambitious app, and expanded on many many ways lately
I respect developer and community that was built around

However it never clicked with me that much, and i have personal discomfort with some decisions on interface/UIUX

hmmm.....

Quote:
The minimal graphical interface has its advantages

Complex patches often look eyebleeding, though. Imho.

Quote:
I still think it has some potential

Weird to hear that.. I mean, i remember when it was Audulus 1.0 and now it gone through many additions, became THE most complex music app on ios perhaps that easily rivals many things.. so "has some potential" sounds very sceptic, lol.

On the other hand, i never like sound of oscillators there, haha. Oh, and i really biased.. I mean, i was with ios music making apps scene since 2009-2010, i witness all the evolution, so i react harshly at your words. Forgive me. Dead Banana same anger when GarageBand or FruityLoops came to ios and were praised, when they were BEHIND actual pioneers like nanostudio, beatmaker, sunvox

Quote:
If it's for learning purposes I'd certainly recommend it.

Agree! Considering oscilloscope module etc.

My main thing "against" Audulus is that its not convenient for me to use in live improvisation approach (for which jasuto or tc-11 fits me better). You can reply about making setup with controllers or lemur, though (?)
ersatzplanet
Audulus 3 is on sale on the Apple app store right now for 50% off.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audulus-3/id1031667826?mt=12
Kandavu
I bought it on this Black Friday weekend sale. Is there a site with an archive of user patches I could peruse? Posting a link in this thread would be most appreciated. This is fun!
j_dowe
rec.Koner wrote:

On the other hand, i never like sound of oscillators there, haha.

Is this mainly because the oscillators are just straightforward digital implementations ... in which case are they any different than Max?

I honestly don't know, and am curious ... audio quality seems to come up a bit in Audulus discussions ... and I'm never sure if Max is any better?
hermbot
Kandavu wrote:
I bought it on this Black Friday weekend sale. Is there a site with an archive of user patches I could peruse? Posting a link in this thread would be most appreciated. This is fun!

Your best bet is the Audulus forums:

https://forum.audulus.com/

I like Audulus quite a bit, it's a fun tool that I use on my iPad when I'm traveling.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1