MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Quad VCA Issue 1.1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Quad VCA Issue 1.1
LED-man
last week i tried to use the Mix function of my Quad VCA (was built few years ago) and i realized that the Mix doesnt work.
(input 1 isn´t availabe at out 2 an 4)
only IN 3 is routed to out 4.
i check the build guides and wiring.
my modules use cables instead of the SOCK pcb.

but its not clear for me what "link out" means, from the build guide

"For the Quad VCA 'slave' PCB only:
Link out SLV1 and SLV2
For the Quad VCA 'master' PCB only:
SLV1 and SLV2 are left unfitted although you should fill the unused pad holes with a bit of
solder."

do i need a jumper/bridge on SLV1 and SLV2 on the slave pcb or not ?
Synthbuilder
LED-man wrote:
do i need a jumper/bridge on SLV1 and SLV2 on the slave pcb or not ?

Yes. Both SLV1 and SLV2 are fitted with wire links.

The words 'link out' refers to the process of making a link. By your comments I now realise this is an ambiguous turn of phrase. Possibly it's only an English expression, but quite possibly it's an expression that is uniquely mine. I'll get it changed.

Tony
LED-man
Thanks Tony.
We discussed it few years ago, but I cannot find this email.
I setup a note on my own guide wink
Synthbuilder
I've just uploaded the new version of the Builder's Guide which is less ambiguous.

It's always worth downloading the latest version of the Builder's Guide and User Manual before starting any new build. I do update documentation from time to time. These updates sometimes include changes to parts lists, as well as corrections to grammar and spelling mistakes. I should really have a revision list inside each document but I don't.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1