MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

uJOVE, micro version of JUVE multimode filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author uJOVE, micro version of JUVE multimode filter
Shayshez
I'm happy to introduce my recent project, uJOVE, micro version (8HP) of System80 JOVE filter.
JOVE is one of my favourites filters, multimode with LP24, LP12, BP and HP that inspired from Roland Jupiter 6 filter.

https://youtu.be/qpCmzDNtNPw

uJove is the same circuit and sounds exactly as the original Jove.
I added 2 extra mods:
- Level 2 act as positive feedback control when no jack plugged to input 2
- Input 2 can be clipped and not only attenuate.

the module will be available only as DIY project at Pusherman store (in month or so).

veets
Damn! I just bought the 14hp Jove from Pusherman last week.
motorhead412
nice!
mrerdat
This is great! The 14hp version is too bloated for any single channel filter I'd put in the rack.
Shayshez
Iv'e got few spares pcb's and aluminium panels that I can sell if anybody interested.
drowld
waaa nice

I'm getting one it's a no brainer at this size
Shayshez
Here is video with sound demo and explanation about uJove extra mods (read video descriptions at YouTube)
https://youtu.be/qpCmzDNtNPw
Nagasaki45
The module looks and sounds super nice! Just one question, out of interest: From my very basic understanding of filters, resonance is just an internal feedback loop. Does the added feedback mod mean that there are 2 different types of resonance for the uJove? If so, can you clarify the difference between them?

Thanks and well done again!
Tom
Shayshez
Nagasaki45 wrote:
The module looks and sounds super nice! Just one question, out of interest: From my very basic understanding of filters, resonance is just an internal feedback loop. Does the added feedback mod mean that there are 2 different types of resonance for the uJove? If so, can you clarify the difference between them?

Thanks and well done again!
Tom

Hi Tom, great question!
Resonance is inverted feedback (negative feedback), I added to uJove positive feedback with extra 6db of gain.
as you can hear from my video it's sounds totally different from the resonance and can drive the filter to new timbers.
actually you can patch positive feedback with any filter, just split the output (with stackable cable or mult) and use mixer in front of your filter to mix the feedback loop with the signal that goes in to the filter.
behndy
just curious, is this done with the consent of the original builder? i know Mutable publish all their code as Open Source after a run or two, did System 80 go that route too?
mrerdat
Yes, it's open source hardware.
behndy
cooooool. kinda a silly question, ShayZeeZee seems like a super stand up dooder.

looooove the 1uo_C i just got in.
Shayshez
behndy wrote:
just curious, is this done with the consent of the original builder? i know Mutable publish all their code as Open Source after a run or two, did System 80 go that route too?

It’s open sorce with different license then Mutable.
CC BY-NC-SA license allowes to remix the project but not allowing commercial use.
I talked with the original developer (system 80) and got his confirmation to sell pcb’s and panels (we not allowed to sell assembled modules).
djd_oz
Are there any plans for factory built modules?
Shayshez
djd_oz wrote:
Are there any plans for factory built modules?

No, only DIY.
behndy
nice! yeah, was just curious, not accusing you of anything shady. i'm relatively new to euro, not sure how some of the fine points work.

thanks for the explanation!
groovar
Anyone here wanna build me one of these bad boys
Trebbers
That's not allowed by the license.
groovar
I read that I was just looking for a tech. I would screw something up. Love the smaller size nice work
Gordon Cole
I know a really good tech who will build you one. You can reach him through his website:

http://system80.net/
groovar
Lol I did and I love it!
spilthyfred
Looks lovely! It seems they are out of stock at Pusherman however.. hmmm.....
Shayshez
spilthyfred wrote:
Looks lovely! It seems they are out of stock at Pusherman however.. hmmm.....

Pusherman will restock soon
Silver
Anyone have a mouser cart set up for this? Thanks
cackland
Analog circuit with digital filter selection?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3