MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Four new modules from Noise Engineering
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Four new modules from Noise Engineering
noise-e
We're very happy to announce four new modules coming December 7th: Lapsus Os, Pons Asinorum, Roti Pola, and Sinc Defero.


Lapsus Os is a quad attenuverter/offset with sliders, designed for flexibility and performance.


Pons Asinorum is a quad envelope/lfo with CV over length and three shape modes.


Roti Pola is a four channel attenuverting CV mixer and offset.


Sinc Defero is a quad attenuator with visual feedback.

All are designed to be budget friendly and fun to use. Extended descriptions and manuals can be seen here: https://www.noiseengineering.us/coming-soon/
freqout
mmm... quad attenuator looks great.
starthief
"Roti Pola" is fun to say!

Lapsus Os seems clever and I probably would have bought one a few months ago when I was looking for something very much like that -- a compact controller that can manually generate CVs or attenuate as needed.

But I'm a bit confused by separate inputs for attenuvert / offset. What happens if you patch both inputs on the same channel? hmmm.....


(I, too, like bananas It's peanut butter jelly time!)
cg_funk
Lapsus Os sounds cool... but I am also confused by the overly brief manual..

What do the 2 outs per channel do? Are they just multed copies? or are they separate outs for the top/bottom inputs? edit- apparently I can't read- they are just mults.

So then what happens if you plug 2 inputs in... does it add them? Is the voltage range really limited to +/5v? Does it clip if I send voltages over 5V?

Guess I will have to wait for the demos.
noise-e
starthief wrote:
"Roti Pola" is fun to say!

Lapsus Os seems clever and I probably would have bought one a few months ago when I was looking for something very much like that -- a compact controller that can manually generate CVs or attenuate as needed.

But I'm a bit confused by separate inputs for attenuvert / offset. What happens if you patch both inputs on the same channel? hmmm.....


(I, too, like bananas It's peanut butter jelly time!)


They are summed, giving a mix of the two signals. Behavior will be interesting as the fader will affect the two signals differently and this is definitely a fun way of blending up modulation.

cg_funk wrote:


Lapsus Os sounds cool... but I am also confused by the overly brief manual..

What do the 2 outs per channel do? Are they just multed copies? or are they separate outs for the top/bottom inputs? edit- apparently I can't read- they are just mults.

So then what happens if you plug 2 inputs in... does it add them? Is the voltage range really limited to +/5v? Does it clip if I send voltages over 5V?

Guess I will have to wait for the demos.

As you'll see in the manual, the internal offset is indeed set to a +/-5v range, but when using external CV sources, the voltage range is +/-10v, so clipping of external signals should be no issue.
rayultine
dang! Lapsus just booted Shades off my To-buy list
behndy
urf. y'all's loot is always so enticiiiiiinnnnng.
nolongerhuman
It looks like Pons Asinorum will cycle without a trigger input? So 4 looping eg’s (lfos) are possible without having to trigger it or do you have to press the hit button to trigger it each time?

If so, instant but for me. NE has tons of stuff but self cycling modulation is not common among your modules. Everything always needs lots of triggers.
noise-e
nolongerhuman wrote:
It looks like Pons Asinorum will cycle without a trigger input? So 4 looping eg’s (lfos) are possible without having to trigger it or do you have to press the hit button to trigger it each time?

If so, instant but for me. NE has tons of stuff but self cycling modulation is not common among your modules. Everything always needs lots of triggers.


That is correct. Each channel can be set individually to looping or one-shot mode.
nolongerhuman
noise-e wrote:


That is correct. Each channel can be set individually to looping or one-shot mode.


Wow, that's pretty huge for 6hp. Sold!
noise-e
Preorders have opened for these four modules here: https://www.noiseengineering.us/shop/?category=Coming+Soon
More details and history for these can be found in the new blog post as well, for those that're curious: https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/2018/11/27/fader-to-black-or-silv er-your-choice-we-welcome-four-new-modules-to-the-family
Accent
Any chance there might be some videos coming on these modules? Just rearranged my racks (to fit a Zularic Repetitor into one of my cases...holy hell is that thing cool! Only owning that and a BIA has me wanting an entire rack of NE), and PA seems like it would be ideal to replace the twin Peaks I had in that case, but I’d like to see it in action...my finger is hovering over the “buy” button right now, but seeing it in action would most likely push me over the edge.
noise-e
Accent wrote:
Any chance there might be some videos coming on these modules? Just rearranged my racks (to fit a Zularic Repetitor into one of my cases...holy hell is that thing cool! Only owning that and a BIA has me wanting an entire rack of NE), and PA seems like it would be ideal to replace the twin Peaks I had in that case, but I’d like to see it in action...my finger is hovering over the “buy” button right now, but seeing it in action would most likely push me over the edge.


Yes, videos are coming very soon!
pieter
Does Sinc Defero mix down the inputs if there is no output cable patched in (Cascade style)?
noise-e
pieter wrote:
Does Sinc Defero mix down the inputs if there is no output cable patched in (Cascade style)?


It does cascade, the inputs are normalled so it can act as a multiple with separate attenuation for each copy of the input signal. Normalization is broken when inputs are patched.
noise-e
Demos for Lapsus Os and Roti Pola are up now!


behndy
O'Brien does such goooood informative LUST GIVING demos.

want them ALL.
spinalbeatz
Lapsus Os seems awesome. I'll probably pick one up. Really curious about the Pons Asinorum also, hoping we get a demo of that one soon!
matttech
noise-e wrote:
pieter wrote:
Does Sinc Defero mix down the inputs if there is no output cable patched in (Cascade style)?


It does cascade, the inputs are normalled so it can act as a multiple with separate attenuation for each copy of the input signal. Normalization is broken when inputs are patched.


Ooh, that brings something extra to the table then!

I was wondering how it was gonna differ from other quad attenuators, so this just answered it
jsco
neat! sinc defero and lapsus os are on my wishlist now.

i'm still not clear on how the slider interacts with the offset input and how the two inputs get combined. the manual doesn't explain this, and i can't piece it together from the video, either.

is it like this?
* offset unpatched: output = slider*atten_input
* offset patched: output = slider*atten_input + offset_input + slider
noise-e
jsco wrote:
neat! sinc defero and lapsus os are on my wishlist now.

i'm still not clear on how the slider interacts with the offset input and how the two inputs get combined. the manual doesn't explain this, and i can't piece it together from the video, either.

is it like this?
* offset unpatched: output = slider*atten_input
* offset patched: output = slider*atten_input + offset_input + slider


The signals are summed post fader. Think of it as two separate processes: the X input is attenuated by the fader, the + input is offset by the fader, and then the two resulting signals are added together and sent to the output.
--Markus
nectarios
Roti Pola looks interesting
Muse FTW
God, I want them all.

I'm seriously considering making a NE-only rack. My only regret is not having everything in the black panels to start with.
behndy
yesssssss SHIPPED NOTICE.

dood. i could TOTALLY rock a Pam'd + All Noise Eng and be HAPPY.
noise-e
These are shipping today! If you haven't ordered already, head to our shop here: https://www.noiseengineering.us/shop/

If you're still undecided, these two demo videos may help:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group