MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Four new modules from Noise Engineering
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Four new modules from Noise Engineering
spinalbeatz
90 seconds into the Pons Asinorum video and I'm SOLD! Placing my order for that and the Lapsus now.
Accent
Preordered the PA just based on the manual before the video was even out. Now seeing it in action, very glad I did. I bet that one will sell like crazy. I’m already justifying buying a second one.
behndy
right? looks like an AMAZING amount of envelope control in a tiny, TINY space.
starthief
I'd have liked curvature control, even if it's global.

Still, seems like a damn good multi-EG/envelope at that price and size. And pob does a great demo!
behndy
yessssssSSSSSSSSS.

lohacker
I like the Lapsus Os concept, but I usually use Blinds as CV processor for my NE oscs, are there some advantages/differences between these two apart the multiple outs?
medium Rob
Having an issue with Pons Asinorum starting up in a mode that indicates S&H or Continuous mode (channel select LEDs are always on--blue or red) - the LEDs for the channel select buttons always turn blue when I try to de-select them.. I can't seem to adjust individual envelope length, when I turn the encoder, the length is adjusted for every channel. I haven't figured out how to actually de-select a channel (LEDs are always lit, either red/purple/blue - they're never unlit) - anyone using this module have a suggestion?
noise-e
medium Rob wrote:
Having an issue with Pons Asinorum starting up in a mode that indicates S&H or Continuous mode (channel select LEDs are always on--blue or red) - the LEDs for the channel select buttons always turn blue when I try to de-select them.. I can't seem to adjust individual envelope length, when I turn the encoder, the length is adjusted for every channel. I haven't figured out how to actually de-select a channel (LEDs are always lit, either red/purple/blue - they're never unlit) - anyone using this module have a suggestion?

Hey there! Hopefully I can help with the issue here.
When a channel is selected, the LED will be red or purple (red indicates minimum length, and the brightness of purple indicates the length). When a channel is deselected, the LED will be off or blue (off indicates minimum length, the brightness of blue indicates length). To adjust just one channel, press the channel select button until the desired channel is red/purple and the rest are off/blue, then turn the encoder.
All of this is described in detail in the manual as well (available here) which may be helpful when first learning the module.
This demo video by POB may also be helpful to see exactly what it should be doing.
If your module still isn't functioning as described above, fill out our support form here and we'll get you up and running.
Hope this helps!
--Markus
spinalbeatz
Was kinda bummed to see the Green LED's gone when I got my Lapsus Os... Still love it though!
Tumulishroomaroom
Got a simple Sinc Defero because I wanted an attenuator that could also be used as a mixer and it's great ! Fantastic little utility module, the led are very handy, top ones indicates what's going in, bottom light what's going out. Very nice. Good addition to WMD/SSF Quad Att and SPO.
nolongerhuman
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Got a simple Sinc Defero because I wanted an attenuator that could also be used as a mixer and it's great ! Fantastic little utility module, the led are very handy, top ones indicates what's going in, bottom light what's going out. Very nice. Good addition to WMD/SSF Quad Att and SPO.

For some reason I missed that this was circularly normalled. I’ve needed a small attenuator, didn’t realise this could double as mixer.
uniquepersonno2
nolongerhuman wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

For some reason I missed that this was circularly normalled. I’ve needed a small attenuator, didn’t realise this could double as mixer.

It isn't a mixer, just a splitter
Eurtrude
I was about to pull the trigger for the Pons Asinorum but then found the output is 0-5V... meh sad
Jlevine711
Anyone have feedback on the Pons? Thinking about getting this for some additional LFOs and envelope generators? I'm assuming the LFOs are unipolar? Thanks!
Tumulishroomaroom
Jlevine711 wrote:
Anyone have feedback on the Pons? Thinking about getting this for some additional LFOs and envelope generators? I'm assuming the LFOs are unipolar? Thanks!

I'd be interested in this. 5V is a bit of an issue too... Anyone finding it problematic ?
Tumulishroomaroom
I got one after all, and I must say I love that little module ! Much more practical and immediate than I initially though, very useful performance feature and overall just fun for an enveloppe. Perfect for modulation purposes and compliments perfectly a much more full featured EG like Falistri.
Hazza26
Still trying to get my head around the interaction of + / x / slider in Lapsus Os. Are you able to utilise the + and x inputs as a VCA?
noise-e
Hazza26 wrote:
Still trying to get my head around the interaction of + / x / slider in Lapsus Os. Are you able to utilise the + and x inputs as a VCA?

They are two non-interacting inputs that are mixed post fader. When using the fader for each channel, + input offsets whatever you patch to it, and x input attenuates whatever you patch into it. If you patch both inputs, the two signals are summed together at the outputs so you'd have an attenuated signal and an offset signal mixed together.
Hope this helps!
--Markus
medium Rob
How are people getting along with the Lapsus Os?
Gohan2A
Actually i run one voltage block channel > vca > S.P.O for obtain +5/-5v.
It's possible to obtain that with Lapsus Os without VCA ?
(voltage block > Lapsus Os = +5/-5v)
Esgal
Can Lapsus Os attenuate audio samples?
Gohan2A
Yes, like mixer.
Sliders better quality than voltage block, great module.
Esgal
Gohan2A wrote:
Yes, like mixer.
Sliders better quality than voltage block, great module.

Fantastic! *moves to top of the buy list*
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2