TUNNELS - Infinite Multiple

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

Post Reply
OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

TUNNELS - Infinite Multiple

Post by OlyNoCo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:53 pm

We just launched a Kickstarter for our new eurorack utility, TUNNELS.

TUNNELS - INFINITE MULTIPLE

TUNNELS is a new type of Eurorack utility module that allows you to duplicate and route signals across your modular synthesizer. We call it the “Infinite Multiple,” but you could also describe it as an “Inter-Panel Buffered Multiple,” or perhaps a “Mult Bus.”

TUNNELS is comprised of two distinct modules : TUNNEL IN and TUNNEL OUT. The TUNNEL IN module by itself is a buffered multiple, duplicating an input signal to create multiple outputs. The TUNNEL OUT module expands the TUNNEL IN module to add additional outputs at another location in your synthesizer. TUNNEL OUT modules can be chained together infinitely to create massive buffered multiple banks or send common signals like clocks and 1v/oct signals to strategic locations in your synth.

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1484
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:05 am
Location: East Bay, Cali
Contact:

Post by behndy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:02 pm

verrrrrry cool!

4 hp?
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

User avatar
batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 7:15 am
Location: San Francisco

Post by batch » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:20 pm

I think this looks really interesting. The only thing that holds me back is the cable connector you are using which seems fairly specific. Would you consider changing this to an RJ45 type connector as both IJ and Doepfer are doing for their similar type of modules?
FS: Metropolis $475, Intellijel Dual ADSR $175 and lots more

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 pm

batch wrote:I think this looks really interesting. The only thing that holds me back is the cable connector you are using which seems fairly specific. Would you consider changing this to an RJ45 type connector as both IJ and Doepfer are doing for their similar type of modules?
Thanks for the feedback. We talked about this last night, and I understand the concern about having cables that aren't readily available.

The cool thing about the cables we are using is that you can make them for less than $2.00 and you don't need any special tools to do so. We'll make sure this is documented so people can make their own cables if they need to for any reason.

These are the parts :

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/8256317
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/1523943

We hope to make an inter-rack expansion as well (a la octalink) for TUNNELS, and those would make more sense to use 6j45 connectors. The only issue I'm having with that is that they end up needing to be 4 hp to fit the jack, and that feels a bit bigger than necessary.

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:31 pm

behndy wrote:verrrrrry cool!

4 hp?
Yes! 4 hp.

User avatar
simian
Common Wiggler
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by simian » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Conceptually digging this... even though I'm functionally covered in my current system (for now, at least).
I may just throw :75: at you anyway.

Cheers! :tu:

User avatar
whinger
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:57 pm
Location: Jamestown, WA
Contact:

Post by whinger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Very interesting concept, love the bus aspect of it. I just backed the Kickstarter. Good luck!

[edit typo]

User avatar
batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 7:15 am
Location: San Francisco

Post by batch » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 am

OlyNoCo wrote:
batch wrote:I think this looks really interesting. The only thing that holds me back is the cable connector you are using which seems fairly specific. Would you consider changing this to an RJ45 type connector as both IJ and Doepfer are doing for their similar type of modules?
Thanks for the feedback. We talked about this last night, and I understand the concern about having cables that aren't readily available.

The cool thing about the cables we are using is that you can make them for less than $2.00 and you don't need any special tools to do so. We'll make sure this is documented so people can make their own cables if they need to for any reason.

These are the parts :

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/8256317
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/1523943

We hope to make an inter-rack expansion as well (a la octalink) for TUNNELS, and those would make more sense to use 6j45 connectors. The only issue I'm having with that is that they end up needing to be 4 hp to fit the jack, and that feels a bit bigger than necessary.
Alright, you got me
FS: Metropolis $475, Intellijel Dual ADSR $175 and lots more

User avatar
Tom_1970
Common Wiggler
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:39 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Tom_1970 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:24 am

Very nice!
I love the flexibility and the design.
I just threw in my pledge.
Hope this gets funded.

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks for the support! :) We are over 50% of the way there, and still over month left, so it's looking good!

R.U.Nuts
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1829
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by R.U.Nuts » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:42 am

I'm pretty much covered with multiples so I won't buy some of these but I have a suggestion though: Offer the panels in different colors so people who want to have more than one input/output bus can color code the modules that are connected with each other (advice from a guy who has ten multiples in 10U
:hihi:)

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:25 pm

R.U.Nuts wrote:Offer the panels in different colors so people who want to have more than one input/output bus can color code the modules that are connected with each other
Yes! This is a great idea and something we talked about when designing the panels. At this point, the minimum panel order to get a decent price is pretty high, so we have to stick with one for now. I'd love to be able to make different panel colors for different production runs, though first need to get through the first 100 units at least :)

User avatar
void23
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:34 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by void23 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:12 pm

My useless opinion ... If the routing between modules was front facing, or could span cases, I'd be all in on this. Sort of a combo of the Doepfer A-180-9 and a buffered mult.

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:34 pm

yea, we are hoping to add a BRIDGE module for connecting TUNNELS between racks via a front panel connection.

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Update : We are really close to meeting the goal! Less than $1000 to go!

User avatar
whinger
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:57 pm
Location: Jamestown, WA
Contact:

Post by whinger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:19 pm

OlyNoCo wrote:Update : We are really close to meeting the goal! Less than $1000 to go!
Congrats, good luck!!!

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:28 am

Post by KSS » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:46 am

OlyNoCo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:Offer the panels in different colors so people who want to have more than one input/output bus can color code the modules that are connected with each other
Yes! This is a great idea and something we talked about when designing the panels. At this point, the minimum panel order to get a decent price is pretty high, so we have to stick with one for now. I'd love to be able to make different panel colors for different production runs, though first need to get through the first 100 units at least :)
Socket the LEDS and change their color instead. Or apply color selection circuitry to an RGB LED. As used in pitch bend wheel mods. More expensive, buty more flexible and easy for end user.

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Just a couple days left!

OlyNoCo
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: olympia, wa

Post by OlyNoCo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:33 am

These are shipping out starting today. If you missed the KS and want some here's info about ordering :


"We do have a small handful of extra modules. Once we finish fulfilling the kickstarter orders, we will sell the remaining modules on a first-come, first-served basis. Modules will be $85 each plus shipping. To get on the waitlist, email support@olympianoiseco.com with the module type (IN/OUT) and quantity along with your shipping address and phone number."

User avatar
Tom_1970
Common Wiggler
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:39 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Tom_1970 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm

I have both modules (Tunnel In/ Tunnel Out) for a month now and I am very happy with it.
The message I wrote in the comment section still covers my feelings about it

When it comes to modular, multiples are not the most exciting modules.

The Tunnel modules are no exception, but they are without doubt the most exciting multiples.

They work as advertised and I can imagine that it will be the last multiple I need in my system.

The LED indicators gives you direct feedback on how your tunnel in-out are connected and the different colors are very handy and also nice eye candy.

As said it, works perfect and I also love the design.

Very happy with Tunnels.!!!

User avatar
Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 pm
Location: Ohio, US

Post by Foghorn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:06 pm

I just have a snip of the tunnel cat.

Image

Foghorn
I'm not sure what's going on, but, well ah crap..what now?
.......Not really a musician.......

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3866
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Post by mdoudoroff » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Will more be produced?

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”