MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TUNNELS - Infinite Multiple
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author TUNNELS - Infinite Multiple
OlyNoCo
We just launched a Kickstarter for our new eurorack utility, TUNNELS.

TUNNELS - INFINITE MULTIPLE

TUNNELS is a new type of Eurorack utility module that allows you to duplicate and route signals across your modular synthesizer. We call it the “Infinite Multiple,” but you could also describe it as an “Inter-Panel Buffered Multiple,” or perhaps a “Mult Bus.”

TUNNELS is comprised of two distinct modules : TUNNEL IN and TUNNEL OUT. The TUNNEL IN module by itself is a buffered multiple, duplicating an input signal to create multiple outputs. The TUNNEL OUT module expands the TUNNEL IN module to add additional outputs at another location in your synthesizer. TUNNEL OUT modules can be chained together infinitely to create massive buffered multiple banks or send common signals like clocks and 1v/oct signals to strategic locations in your synth.
OlyNoCo

behndy
verrrrrry cool!

4 hp?
batch
I think this looks really interesting. The only thing that holds me back is the cable connector you are using which seems fairly specific. Would you consider changing this to an RJ45 type connector as both IJ and Doepfer are doing for their similar type of modules?
OlyNoCo
batch wrote:
I think this looks really interesting. The only thing that holds me back is the cable connector you are using which seems fairly specific. Would you consider changing this to an RJ45 type connector as both IJ and Doepfer are doing for their similar type of modules?

Thanks for the feedback. We talked about this last night, and I understand the concern about having cables that aren't readily available.

The cool thing about the cables we are using is that you can make them for less than $2.00 and you don't need any special tools to do so. We'll make sure this is documented so people can make their own cables if they need to for any reason.

These are the parts :

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/3801-04/3M156838-1-ND/825 6317
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/amphenol-fci/71600-104LF/609 -4958-ND/1523943

We hope to make an inter-rack expansion as well (a la octalink) for TUNNELS, and those would make more sense to use 6j45 connectors. The only issue I'm having with that is that they end up needing to be 4 hp to fit the jack, and that feels a bit bigger than necessary.
OlyNoCo
behndy wrote:
verrrrrry cool!

4 hp?

Yes! 4 hp.
simian
Conceptually digging this... even though I'm functionally covered in my current system (for now, at least).
I may just throw at you anyway.

Cheers! thumbs up
whinger
Very interesting concept, love the bus aspect of it. I just backed the Kickstarter. Good luck!

[edit typo]
batch
OlyNoCo wrote:
batch wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. We talked about this last night, and I understand the concern about having cables that aren't readily available.

The cool thing about the cables we are using is that you can make them for less than $2.00 and you don't need any special tools to do so. We'll make sure this is documented so people can make their own cables if they need to for any reason.

These are the parts :

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/3801-04/3M156838-1-ND/825 6317
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/amphenol-fci/71600-104LF/609 -4958-ND/1523943

We hope to make an inter-rack expansion as well (a la octalink) for TUNNELS, and those would make more sense to use 6j45 connectors. The only issue I'm having with that is that they end up needing to be 4 hp to fit the jack, and that feels a bit bigger than necessary.

Alright, you got me
Tom_1970
Very nice!
I love the flexibility and the design.
I just threw in my pledge.
Hope this gets funded.
OlyNoCo
Thanks for the support! smile We are over 50% of the way there, and still over month left, so it's looking good!
R.U.Nuts
I'm pretty much covered with multiples so I won't buy some of these but I have a suggestion though: Offer the panels in different colors so people who want to have more than one input/output bus can color code the modules that are connected with each other (advice from a guy who has ten multiples in 10U
hihi)
OlyNoCo
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Offer the panels in different colors so people who want to have more than one input/output bus can color code the modules that are connected with each other

Yes! This is a great idea and something we talked about when designing the panels. At this point, the minimum panel order to get a decent price is pretty high, so we have to stick with one for now. I'd love to be able to make different panel colors for different production runs, though first need to get through the first 100 units at least smile
void23
My useless opinion ... If the routing between modules was front facing, or could span cases, I'd be all in on this. Sort of a combo of the Doepfer A-180-9 and a buffered mult.
OlyNoCo
yea, we are hoping to add a BRIDGE module for connecting TUNNELS between racks via a front panel connection.
OlyNoCo
Update : We are really close to meeting the goal! Less than $1000 to go!
whinger
OlyNoCo wrote:
Update : We are really close to meeting the goal! Less than $1000 to go!

Congrats, good luck!!!
KSS
OlyNoCo wrote:
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Offer the panels in different colors so people who want to have more than one input/output bus can color code the modules that are connected with each other

Yes! This is a great idea and something we talked about when designing the panels. At this point, the minimum panel order to get a decent price is pretty high, so we have to stick with one for now. I'd love to be able to make different panel colors for different production runs, though first need to get through the first 100 units at least smile

Socket the LEDS and change their color instead. Or apply color selection circuitry to an RGB LED. As used in pitch bend wheel mods. More expensive, buty more flexible and easy for end user.
OlyNoCo
Just a couple days left!
OlyNoCo
These are shipping out starting today. If you missed the KS and want some here's info about ordering :

"We do have a small handful of extra modules. Once we finish fulfilling the kickstarter orders, we will sell the remaining modules on a first-come, first-served basis. Modules will be $85 each plus shipping. To get on the waitlist, email support@olympianoiseco.com with the module type (IN/OUT) and quantity along with your shipping address and phone number."
Tom_1970
I have both modules (Tunnel In/ Tunnel Out) for a month now and I am very happy with it.
The message I wrote in the comment section still covers my feelings about it

When it comes to modular, multiples are not the most exciting modules.

The Tunnel modules are no exception, but they are without doubt the most exciting multiples.

They work as advertised and I can imagine that it will be the last multiple I need in my system.

The LED indicators gives you direct feedback on how your tunnel in-out are connected and the different colors are very handy and also nice eye candy.

As said it, works perfect and I also love the design.

Very happy with Tunnels.!!!
Foghorn
I just have a snip of the tunnel cat.

Foghorn
mdoudoroff
Will more be produced?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1