MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Electric violin + modular: ins and outs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Electric violin + modular: ins and outs?
lauprellim
Hello Everyone! I am somewhat new to modular, but I do have a strong background in music. I’m interested in integrating my electric violin with the Eurorack. Mostly, I’d like to learn more about ways people might have done this using a violin or an electric guitar.

Is a module like the Doepfer A-119 useful? I gather that I could trigger a gate if I played a note loudly enough on the violin using that module. It would also be possible to do some envelope following with it?

Are there any other useful modules that take line in from a guitar or violin and cause fun stuff to happen in Eurorack?

For those interested: I have two Arturia Minibrutes (a 2 and a 2s) with the requisite Rackbrute cases and a smattering of basic modules. Also, I’d be playing either on a lovely 5-string Zeta electric violin or going out through a conventional piezo pickup on an acoustic violin.

Thanks very much for your time!
Kravvall
Have a look at the mutable instrument ears. Really good to plug almost any source into the modular, used it with a synth and different electric guitars. Also rather cheap.
MindMachine
You need to contact Nelson Baboon. He has stock and custom violins and modular, etc.
lauprellim
Hello! I ordered "Ears" --- should do what I want it to! Thanks for the advice.
felixer
MindMachine wrote:
You need to contact Nelson Baboon. He has stock and custom violins and modular, etc.

that's right. might not be the most communicative among the wigglers but he has a lot of experience.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1