MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Electric Music Store Sale
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Electric Music Store Sale
jimfowler
Figured some of you might like to know that they're running a 30% off sale (pcbs only). I picked up a few more boards for myself.

- Jim

P.S. - I'm not affiliated with EMS in any way, shape or form. Just presumed the info potentially pertinent.
Peake
Kick
levelhead3
Danger, Will Robinson!
thetwlo
link? url?
flipper16
Google Fucking Exists

https://electricmusicstore.com/
batchas
Portabella
uuiiiii puuiii that black music easel kit for 30% less is indeed tempting This is fun!
sempervirent
Direct link to only the PCBs:
https://electricmusicstore.com/collections/pcbs
gigasturtz
ugh but i'm still building the 4 modules i just got from them! i guess i only have one left for the most part...
Peake
Backlog is life
sawersky
its tempting..
also quite handy that it is extended till Sunday
neonmercury1
Portabella wrote:
uuiiiii puuiii that black music easel kit for 30% less is indeed tempting This is fun!

man i couldnt resist.... im so excited to start this my foret into buchla. i was close to buying this a few weeks ago and decided to wait im sure glad i did!!!
ndkent
pcbs only bumps buying stuff beyond my budget this holiday
sempervirent
Looks like there's another sale, 30% off all PCBs – only valid until midnight on Sunday, Jan 6th (Pacific Time, presumably): https://electricmusicstore.com

Quote:
New Year Sale. From now until midnight on Sunday, January 6th all PCBs are 30% off using the coupon code HAPPYNEWYEAR at check-out. This will be the last sale for awhile so stock up! Funds from this sale will go to pay for a big front panel order.
julian
The NYE sale had a cut-off time of midnight of the 2nd.

"This will be the last sale for awhile so stock up!" was (also) applied to that sale.

: )
DomMorley
Just tried it and it's still working.
sempervirent
julian wrote:
The NYE sale had a cut-off time of midnight of the 2nd.

"This will be the last sale for awhile so stock up!" was (also) applied to that sale.

It's probably just been extended for a few more days, I haven't checked the site in a while but didn't notice a post here about any sale.
neonmercury1
Just in case anyone is interested i just got The black and gold easel kit from the last PCB sale and it looks SOOO GOOOD. I have not seen anyone post this yet so i figure a pic couldn't hurt. Im excited, and have alot of work to do!
Portabella
neonmercury1 wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested i just got The black and gold easel kit from the last PCB sale and it looks SOOO GOOOD. I have not seen anyone post this yet so i figure a pic couldn't hurt. Im excited, and have alot of work to do!

looks nice and sturdy.. what did you pay all in all to Germany?
sempervirent
Wow, looks great. Didn't realize there was a gold version. *bling*
boops
i ve bought one too...any idea for the guitar frets , a little batch of golden or black ones ?
neonmercury1
[quote="Portabella"]
neonmercury1 wrote:

looks nice and sturdy.. what did you pay all in all to Germany?

Well shipping was included By EMS so it would just be the 750 the pcbs, panels and the micro controller. of course its always possible to be stopped for the 20% VAT.

As for the frets I was just wondering how this would be best. At first i thought black so as to not make the keybed too confusing now i tempted by the prospects of gold ones after seeing how good the silver ones look on the Black and silver. yeah Gold. Boops- are you producing the frets too? I would definitely buy them.
weedywhizz
Hurry on building and varnishing these.
I had my PCB set sitting around in my workshop and they look like crap now. Rust on everything what (was) golden.

I tried to use a rubber to get rid of the rust which partially worked.
Portabella
weedywhizz wrote:
Hurry on building and varnishing these.
I had my PCB set sitting around in my workshop and they look like crap now. Rust on everything what (was) golden.

I tried to use a rubber to get rid of the rust which partially worked.

WTF? for how long have they been laying around?
that's something that really should NOT happen.. unless they lay around for several decades.. which I assume was not the case.
have you contacted Electric Music Store? and how did they react?
weedywhizz
Sitting here for about half a year.
I‘m fed up buying that expensive and corroding stuff so I started to do my own PCBs, no Easel yet though.
Just had a chat with another guy who owns 2 of the black 218 PCBs. They look like mine - like crap.
I mean Roman is a nice guy but everyone who is in the Buchla building business for some time knows about his lack of communication and some non-working PCBs for which you have to wait half a year for a replacement and another year for the BOM (248 especially). Once everything is up and running you find out that the 248 Expander doesn‘t work.....etc...blabla and so on.
Works fine as a doorstopper though - and I have 2 Expanders.
I think Shawn is a very good guy and I don‘t want him to clean up the 218 mess for Roman.

here you go - already tried the rubber on some parts. And no - didn't even put my fingers on the keys.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2