MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

es-8 & Tidal,Supercollider compatability
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author es-8 & Tidal,Supercollider compatability
soulmender
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to learn live-coding languages Tidal Cycles and SuperCollider.
Since it is pretty simple to generate cool patterns and launch samples I do have a eurorack on the side with samplers, voices and filters in it. My eurorack also has an ES-8, ES-5, ESX-8GT and 2x ESX-8CV that I used to control with Silent Way VST via Ableton Live.

I want to take it a step further and get rid of Ableton and send MIDI (converted into gates and CV) information via coding into the ES-8 and the expansion modules to control the eurorack. Has anyone done this? I encountered some problems even when trying to send midi to the expansion modules using Ableton since the routing is a bit tricky. So I'm wondering if it is even possible without the Silent Way software?
Dilibob
I run control voltages without silent wave all the time using either vcv or protools via es8 or es3/6/7. No issues at all.
soulmender
How do you run them to the extension modules? I thought when sending to esx-8cv you need to send to es-5 first?
Dilibob
soulmender wrote:
How do you run them to the extension modules? I thought when sending to esx-8cv you need to send to es-5 first?
when i use 3/6/7/8 i am purely running control voltages and not using any of the silent way modules in anyway (I don't have 5/8gt/8cv).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1