MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Max 8 standalone and a lightweight, inexpensive DAW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Max 8 standalone and a lightweight, inexpensive DAW
zeit
Anybody using Max standalone and a lightweight, inexpensive DAW they would recommend? Max is super flexible so you can probably make almost anything work but the lightweight and under $100 does narrow it down a bit. And it needs to be very lightweight as I have a low spec'ed PC (dual core) atm, much lighter than Ableton Live Intro.

I've tried Audacity and Traktion Waveform. Audacity is out and Waveform is on the list for now.
mritenburg
zeit wrote:
Anybody using Max standalone and a lightweight, inexpensive DAW they would recommend? Max is super flexible so you can probably make almost anything work but the lightweight and under $100 does narrow it down a bit. And it needs to be very lightweight as I have a low spec'ed PC (dual core) atm, much lighter than Ableton Live Intro.

I've tried Audacity and Traktion Waveform. Audacity is out and Waveform is on the list for now.

Presonus Studio One 4 Pro is on a 1/2 price sale right now. It's a lightweight, one-window DAW that is an excellent plugin host.
zeit
Thanks mritenburg. Had not looked at that one. thumbs up
smuff
Reaper...
KaOsphere
smuff wrote:
Reaper...

What else...
hermbot
Reaper is lightweight, flexible, affordable... hard to beat!
zeit
Just downloaded Reaper a couple of hours ago...will look at it tomorrow...it does boot up really quick... w00t .....if I'm sending audio to it via Max 8, is the preferred way Rewire? ...will look into it tomorrow...thanks all. thumbs up
catchpenny
yeah reaper + max can work well.
zeit
Quote:
yeah reaper + max can work well

yes they do! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1