MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jarre - Equinoxe Infinity
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Jarre - Equinoxe Infinity
PYJAMAGROOVE
As a huge fan of Jarre I have been very excited (but after Oxygene 3 a bit worried) about this. Equinoxe is my favorite album of his.
After one hearing I have mixed feelings. Bad mostly. It does not feel like JMJ anymore. It's too sterile and digital. Not enough LPF and saturation. And JMJ is the master of LPF....Sounds lack texture too.
There are parts of this album that I like but most of it I really hate....feels like elevator music or a demo of a toy keyboard.

I would like to be wrong. Can someone prove that I am? Please...
werock
I quite enjoyed it when I listened to it. Sure, it won't be regarded as a classic, but not many artists who have been around as long as he has will release a classic album at this stage of their career.

I thought the best parts were those where he was trying to follow the style of the original, although some would see that as being contrived! I also detected more than once hints of the Bladerunner 2049 score in there.

Sorry I can't prove you're wrong, except to say I thought it was ok. seriously, i just don't get it
dubonaire
I just did a quick scan of the album. The first half sounds like an inferior version of Sasha and Digweed's Northern Exposure intro, the middle sounds like Europop/trance and bits of the rest just sound generic and tired - I couldn't be bothered listening in detail.

Load of rubbish basically.
umma gumma
hmm you'd think someone with as much free time & gear as JMJ has, would be releasing some real masterpieces

I can only dream of how creative I could be, if I didn't have to spend so much time working and surviving day to day.
orangehexagon
umma gumma wrote:
hmm you'd think someone with as much free time & gear as JMJ has, would be releasing some real masterpieces

I can only dream of how creative I could be, if I didn't have to spend so much time working and surviving day to day.

It's funny that you think lots of free time and loads of gear would make someone creative.
umma gumma
free time = freedom to create
P.O.L.
I was pleasantly surprised; certainly not an all time great, but a good, updated homage to the original. Having listened a few time snow, I feel the main reason it's not a patch on the original is the lack of melodies - there's nothing like E4 on this album. There's also a lack of strong sequencer lines like E6. Infinity is more like the bridge parts and other filler, but still enjoyable...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1