DOD Carcosa fuzz- any owners?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

unclebastard
Common Wiggler

DOD Carcosa fuzz- any owners?

Post by unclebastard » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:47 am

I have one of these on the way for guitar and synth duties. Do any owners have any tips or tricks for this fuzz?
Good deals with: Eremitalf, ben_hex, matttech, Elevator Sound

waveswinger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by waveswinger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:16 pm

i got one recently. The "Before" and "After" knobs can really change things drastically. I had fun running some drum machines through it, especially with a little less fuzz than usual applied. Also took my MS20 mini to some new levels of screaming and crunch. The Hi-Cut is also pretty drastic!
Definitely useful. I usually use a Mastotron but I have been sneaking this DOD into a lot of situations and enjoying it.
north texas electronics

feltandfur.bandcamp.com
demandite.bandcamp.com
waveswinger.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/dead56k

unclebastard
Common Wiggler

Post by unclebastard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks ! I was beginning to think I'd bought a turkey... I used to run my drum machine through a Metalzone, and I also needed something to filth up bass synth parts.

waveswinger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by waveswinger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm curious about the Boneshaker as well. My local Guitar Center has had one on the used shelf for months, but I haven't felt buying it yet ha. Maybe if it goes down a few more dollars....
I've been trying to get out of using effect pedals but the price is too good compared to their Euro counterparts. Also curious about the re-released Meatbox and that Gonkulator Ring Mod.
I used to collect the older DODs, but lost interest as I bought more monophonic synths. Still have three or four of their old flangers though :bananaguitar:
north texas electronics

feltandfur.bandcamp.com
demandite.bandcamp.com
waveswinger.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/dead56k

unclebastard
Common Wiggler

Post by unclebastard » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:56 pm

It arrived a couple of days ago, and let me tell you this thing is a yak! It shoulders all duties without complaint and anyways delivers. I've tested it with guitars ( 335 copy and Tele copy) synth and drum machine- there's nothing it can't handle or enhance. My perfect general purpose filth box.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”