MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eventide Space - Thoughts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Eventide Space - Thoughts?
Jean Luc Cougar
Now that Space has been out for 5 or so years, how do people feel about it?

Is anyone using one for more traditional reverbs? How does it stack up?

What do you love? What do you hate?
Chevron87
I haven't used Eventide Space, but I do have the Eventide H9 and as I understand it a lot of the algorithms from Space are available in the H9. Plus obviously you get access to a lot more.

To add, I love the H9 for the great reverbs and other effects.
sduck
I've had one for 4 years or so I guess. It's a lovely, transparent basic reverb for the way I use it - it's been sitting in the output stage of my modular almost the whole time. I only use a fairly basic hall patch, but vary the length and depth quite a bit depending on taste. Once in a while I put my guitar through it - there's a surf guitar patch in there that's fantastic.
RealDudes
Been using a space pedal for years. Up until the last year it sat on one of my FX sends. I’ve downgraded and changed my setup and workflow to mix in the box so it’s been seeing a lot less use lately. I love the way it sounds, I hate that I can’t sell it because it’s such a great live setup and sound design tool.
I’ve had a lot of cheap old reverb units before this (zoom, alesis, art) and this one is the most flexible and natural by far. It can’t replace real sprin reverb imo, I hate that too. Still want a box of springs.
giugno
I love it. I keep telling myself I'm going to explore it more and not just leave it on the same settings I always do, but every setting that I've messed with on it sounds great.
Jean Luc Cougar
Good to hear it can do normal verbs, I was thinking it was more about all the crazy black hole stuff.

I cant decide if I want the Space, an H9, or if I want to step up to an Eclipse.
Xmit
^
yeah - standard halls, rooms etc are great. It does those too, as well as the crazy mangleverbs, Blackhole, shimmer etc....

About the only thing that's weak really is the spring algo - well IMHO. I never use it.

I thought this was because I don't like spring reverbs tbh... but then I got a Moog Grandmother & changed my mind ! hihi

SPACE is pretty much all sweet spot though in the main - very hard to not get something usable out of it, from subtle to almost being an instrument in it's own right. I use mine on everything.
TXBDan
The problem with the Space is that every time i use it, it sucks my soul into an etheral world and when i come-to i find many hours, possibly days, have passed.
Chevron87
Jean Luc Cougar wrote:
Good to hear it can do normal verbs, I was thinking it was more about all the crazy black hole stuff.

I cant decide if I want the Space, an H9, or if I want to step up to an Eclipse.

I can highly recommend the H9, it has some awesome effects and whilst not all the controls of Space, I believe you get all the same Reverb algos, but don't quote me on that.
SB-SIX
The h9 indeed has the same algo's as the space along with algos from other pedals. I had a h9 with space algo's next to a big sky and compared them side by side. The h9/space sounded slightly better in the normal reverb department (hall/room), but both performed very well. Found the big sky nicer in the rest of the departments, especially the spring algo.
Chevron87
SB-SIX wrote:
The h9 indeed has the same algo's as the space along with algos from other pedals. I had a h9 with space algo's next to a big sky and compared them side by side. The h9/space sounded slightly better in the normal reverb department (hall/room), but both performed very well. Found the big sky nicer in the rest of the departments, especially the spring algo.

Thanks for the confirmation about the Space algorithms in the H9. I highly recommended you try the H9, as well as some seriously cool reverbs (and I mean very realistic and lush) you have some combo algos that give you chorus, delay and verb mixed in to one. I should add that editing and saving your presets with the bluetooth PC/Mac app is a big bonus too.

Be sure to get your head around the differences between the max, standard and core versions of the H9 if you get one. It's all about the different amount of presets you get included, details here

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/stompboxes/multi-effect-process or/h9
TXBDan
I've been doing other stuff "in the box" for about six months, but last night I got out the semimodulars and the Space and set 'em up on a table for a jam. Space sounds freaking good.
tremolo3
I was using it mostly for guitar but I've moved it to my synth setup and it seems like I just got a totally new pedal. I mostly use Blackhole.
rens
H9 all the way.

Band delay. If you ever escape, you’ll thank me, if you remember how to speak.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1