MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

migrating samples to 4.8 and newer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author migrating samples to 4.8 and newer
Hththt
Hi os

I still dont know what to do with my playlist managed samples if i update from 47 to 49

-in 4.7 we had to set pitch and midi note in playlist txt for multisample playlists, does the addition of pitch recognition in 4.8 makes the midi note thing obsolete? Should i edit out the midi note thing from the playlist?
And my multisample folders are in root, that stays as is?

Or in short, leave multisamples as they are?

-if i want to make the change to 4.9 hassle free, i will simply create and freely name folders for the sets of 100 samples per playlist that i have sitting in root, drop them (samples and playlists) in thier folder and are good to go?

Or whta exactly to do with quite full SD cards arranged with samples when updating to this new structure?
os
@Hththt splitting off a separate thread.
os
I don't know what you mean by

Quote:
does the addition of pitch recognition in 4.8 makes the midi note thing obsolete?

The format for the multisample playlists is the same.

Quote:
Or in short, leave multisamples as they are?

Yes.

Quote:
if i want to make the change to 4.9 hassle free, i will simply create and freely name folders for the sets of 100 samples per playlist that i have sitting in root, drop them (samples and playlists) in thier folder and are good to go?

Yes. You may not even need the playlists, if you're using default options.
Hththt
Great:)
So since i do use commands innthe playlists i will just drop them with samples in new folders.

One thing i didnt get, is it now possible to select different sample folders within different algorithms? But i will see that for myself eventually.

Thinking about a 3rd disting. If you add overdub and pitch/reverse to the live recorder that would be amazing

And with pitch recognition i meant that the firmware description i think says sth about multisamples being recognized by pitch? Since this was mentioned as addition i was under the impression the earlier method of defining root pitch by midi note number etc might have been left behind and the method simplified.
Hththt
So i am working on this right now and need some assistance

I placed all single sample lists that worked by playlists before into folders.

Since the Sd reading is changed i am not sure wich playlists to keep in root.
Only Multi.txt and wavetable.txt ? Can i leave those in the root but no other, using the alphabetical indexing for all folders?

Will the multisample folders also appear when i browse folders in any playback algo?

Should the audio recording playlist be in root in order to use the command to playback recrodings as loops when selected?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1