MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

So... about that Select bus doohicky..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author So... about that Select bus doohicky..
The Grump
How does it work? Where does it connect, and what does it use for a connection? The tweet was enticing, so where can I learn more about this? I could only find a little blurb in the manual.

Thanks!
os
More here: http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/selectbusbreakout.html

Did you mean this video I tweeted?
The Grump
Why yes, that indeed would be the animal!

So, it looks interesting, but the Disting will only run in "follow", not lead? Though one can send Midi to one Disting, and if enabled, the second (third, etc.) will also respond to said midi commands? Like a midi thru, but along the bus, no cables needed?
The Grump
So, I've been examining the Select Bus protocol, and I was wondering if the Disting follows the additional messages in the protocol, (CC17=morph, CC18=Global slew rate) in place of those commands as standard midi CC's (CC17=Set Z, CC18=Algo)?
os
Correct that the disting will not lead.

CC 17 & 18 are treated as standard MIDI. The only Select Bus messages that the disting responds to are save and recall.
The Grump
os wrote:
Correct that the disting will not lead.

CC 17 & 18 are treated as standard MIDI. The only Select Bus messages that the disting responds to are save and recall.

Ahhh, got it. VERY useful for live performances. Thanks for all of your hard work, and patient tutelage as others catch on to just how fun and useful this amazing little powerhouse you've constructed is, once they suss it out.
gummyboy
Then, how do you have Disting not to follow? Is there some kind of switch?
os
There's a setting you can set from a menu.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1