Bananalogue..

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

apemandan
Wiggling with Experience

Bananalogue..

Post by apemandan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:19 am

http://www.bananalogue.com/

Check the website....Hmm, very interestink Mr. Bond.. :eyes:

indexofmetals
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by indexofmetals » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:40 am

bring back the VCS!

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 am

yes, VCS please!

and looking forward to other great stuff

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 am

Yeah! I'm thinking i'd like to get a 2nd VCS....however.....

I'm saving for a Serge M-Class Module ;)

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:42 pm

very nice! hope he's got some tricks up his sleeve. i wanna see some new shit!! :banana: :bananallama: :banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama::banana: :bananallama:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

brandon daniel
Veteran Wiggler

Post by brandon daniel » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:42 pm

mmm, 2nd VCS. Would be nice if they A) managed to keep regular production going and B) did some new stuff too, like some of those whacky variable slope filters.

GCF
Common Wiggler

Post by GCF » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:45 pm

So....many....banannananananas!!!!!!

But yes, a return of VCS and other goodies would be tremendous. He could probably make a killing just bringing back enough VCSs for everyone that wants one.

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:46 pm

GCF wrote:So....many....banannananananas!!!!!!

But yes, a return of VCS and other goodies would be tremendous. He could probably make a killing just bringing back enough VCSs for everyone that wants one.
i think that would dry up quick though. although i fully agree that he should keep his existing modules going i really think he's long overdue to bring out some new ones. i think new designs would give Bananalogue the strength to really carry on.
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

GCF
Common Wiggler

Post by GCF » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 pm

So, is the whole Bananalogue thing to release modules that imitate modules that already exist, or existed. A few Serge-based modules, and an ARP one so far. Do you think his new stuff would be similar in concept, or some completely original designs?

apemandan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by apemandan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:31 pm

I'd be happy with some more euro and frac format serge modules!! :sb: :sb:

indexofmetals
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by indexofmetals » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:02 pm

this is not a flame throw down - but does anyone know exactly what is the issue with rights to serge designs? doesn't STS have them? or does serge still have the original unmodified 70's designs, and so we get the vcs via bananalogue?

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:26 pm

apemandan wrote:I'd be happy with some more euro and frac format serge modules!! :sb: :sb:
2nded. completely original not as important. new to frac format very important.
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:52 pm

indexofmetals wrote:this is not a flame throw down - but does anyone know exactly what is the issue with rights to serge designs? doesn't STS have them? or does serge still have the original unmodified 70's designs, and so we get the vcs via bananalogue?
Good question. There seems to be somewhat of a mystery surrounding this. Best bet would be to ask Rex, as I'm sure you'd get the whole story from the beginning. As far as I know, from what Rex has told me, when he expressed interest in continuing with Serge after Mr. Tcherepnin decided to quit the business, he (Serge) gave an evil laugh and pointed Rex, who had been a tech since the early days when they were assembling Serges while cranked up on speed in kitchens and UC Berkeley academic building balconies on the sly, to a dark, musty room filled with schematics and parts and said, 'good luck!'. It was Rex's job to make sense out of all of it if he wanted to badly enough!
Last edited by cebec on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:56 pm

cebec wrote:As far as I know, from what Rex has told me, when he expressed interest in continuing with Serge after Mr. Tcherepnin decided to quit the business, he (Serge) gave an evil laugh and pointed him to a dark, musty room filled with schematics and parts and said, 'good luck!'. It was Rex's job to make sense out of all of it if he wanted to badly enough!
:twisted: Great story!

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:02 pm

parasitk wrote:
cebec wrote:As far as I know, from what Rex has told me, when he expressed interest in continuing with Serge after Mr. Tcherepnin decided to quit the business, he (Serge) gave an evil laugh and pointed him to a dark, musty room filled with schematics and parts and said, 'good luck!'. It was Rex's job to make sense out of all of it if he wanted to badly enough!
:twisted: Great story!
Yeah, man! Here's some more history:

http://books.google.com/books?id=tNci9y ... #PPA151,M1

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:30 pm

I need to read this sub forum more often!!!

All I have to say is:

:sb:

!!!

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”