MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[iOS] PolyPhase - Generative Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author [iOS] PolyPhase - Generative Sequencer
mekohler
PolyPhase is generative sequencer for the iPad

BETA: https://testflight.apple.com/join/6FXwpG97
Image: https://imgur.com/a/byFOD0O

A Master melody is generated on the fly & copied, with phase offsets, to Slave Tracks. You can DISABLE the generation of notes & draw your own sequences, or use the randomization functions.

You can sequence external hardware, other iOS instruments, or use the included wavetable synth.

There are many adjustable parameters which will guide the generation of notes…it’s extremely versatile. You can let it run all day and play for you…or, when you hear something you like, turn the Master Track OFF to LOCK / LOOP the sequences in place.

Any suggestions / feature requests are welcome before I release it!
Phil999
from a first short test this looks good. The snapshots area is very useful, and with that lot of random options PolyPhase could become a success. Although there appeared quite a lot of sequencers lately.

Thank you, well done.
mekohler
Thanks, it was received well on the Elektronauts forum a few weeks ago Rockin' Banana!

The bottom randomization functions and pattern / euclid algorithms are what really lets you come up with ideas quickly.
poppinger
mekohler wrote:
Thanks, it was received well on the Elektronauts forum a few weeks ago Rockin' Banana!

Oh wait, are you the Collider guy? That thing is amazing, I'll have to check this out.
mekohler
Yep, I made Collider as well :]
mcnys
will there be a iphone version?
mekohler
mcnys wrote:
will there be a iphone version?

I think the iPhone screen is too small to accommodate the UI. Once I release the first version I will have to experiment and see what I can change for a smaller screen real estate, and if that works at all.
mekohler
New beta is out, delete the old app first.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/6FXwpG97
Snetch
I love the sound the delay makes when changing the time param
mekohler
I released 1.0: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/polyphase/id1440617668?ls=1&mt=8

It might take some time to propagate to all of Apple's servers. I will leave the Beta up until Monday. When you do install, I would delete the Beta first.
Phil999
thanks again. One of the best sequencer app.
mekohler
Thank you wink

Update Out:
• Added External MIDI Control of the Track Parameters, Synth, FX, Snapshots, & Note Filter
• Each Track's Sequencer can now be used to sequence CC Values
• The Master Track's Compressed Range can now be specified
• Increased the note range of each Track by 3 notes (from F1-B3 to D1-B3)
• Added a return to host button when using IAA
• Added "Display Parameter Popup" option
• Added "Display Help Menu On Start" option
• Added option to set Humanization %
• LPF Resonance is now volume compensated
• Presets have been reworked
• Side Toggles, MIDI Ports, & Channels will now be recalled when launching the app
• Updated Help Menu
• Minor UI Updates
Hougaard
mekohler wrote:
Thank you wink

Update Out:
• Added External MIDI Control of the Track Parameters, Synth, FX, Snapshots, & Note Filter
• Each Track's Sequencer can now be used to sequence CC Values
• The Master Track's Compressed Range can now be specified
• Increased the note range of each Track by 3 notes (from F1-B3 to D1-B3)
• Added a return to host button when using IAA
• Added "Display Parameter Popup" option
• Added "Display Help Menu On Start" option
• Added option to set Humanization %
• LPF Resonance is now volume compensated
• Presets have been reworked
• Side Toggles, MIDI Ports, & Channels will now be recalled when launching the app
• Updated Help Menu
• Minor UI Updates

Really amazing app together with the Collider app! Would you consider to add Ableton link?
mekohler
I am going to work on Audiobus MIDI support first, then LINK.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1