MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Verbos - customer support
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Verbos - customer support
funqpatrol
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Verbos customer support, mine has been a bit odd and disapointing.

I've had issues with MANY Verbos modules and the last 2 I've had somehow weird experience with their support where I would send them an email and get an answer back from Paul up to the point of him asking me a few questions about the module prior to send instructions on where/how to send the modules back for repair and then silence, nothing, no more communication, it's been 2 weeks and I've already sent a couple of email wondering what's going on without an answers. they are just leaving me hanging there. :(

It's been 2 times that this same scenario happens, anyone else has had that strange comm with them?
Euro Trash Bazooka
Did you get the repair notification and sent the module back?

I've been exchanging emails with Paul veeeery slowly and am about to send a module back for repair. I noticed communication isn't their strongest point but so far so good. Should I be worried now?
BrokenBo
mmmh many complaints popping up regarding the customer support of verbos and also the quality of the modules.....as an owner of several verbos modules i have to say that i myself did not have any problems yet.
however, the guy sells his modules at a premium price, so everything should be premium.
Other manufacturers have SUPERB customer service although their modules are not close to the price range of verbos.

maybe electronics are super complex in verbos modules, i have no clue about that. but you cannot sell 700 euro vcos and not answer emails when people have problems with them...that´s unacceptable.

although i really like most of the verbos modules, i highly consider selling them and not buying future modules because of the shit i read about their customer support and overall quality. Our community should not support stuff like that.
nectarios
BrokenBo wrote:
mmmh many complaints popping up regarding the customer support of verbos and also the quality of the modules.....as an owner of several verbos modules i have to say that i myself did not have any problems yet.
however, the guy sells his modules at a premium price, so everything should be premium.
Other manufacturers have SUPERB customer service although their modules are not close to the price range of verbos.

maybe electronics are super complex in verbos modules, i have no clue about that. but you cannot sell 700 euro vcos and not answer emails when people have problems with them...that´s unacceptable.

although i really like most of the verbos modules, i highly consider selling them and not buying future modules because of the shit i read about their customer support and overall quality. Our community should not support stuff like that.

I do like the sound of them but this basically explains why I am never buying them. I've had first hand experience with an old friend with whom we made some tracks together, in my studio and another friend who is overseas and the kinds of issues that popped up, put me off.
funqpatrol
BrokenBo wrote:

Spot on, Ive just had so many issues with them (co, scan&Pan eg random) alas my favourite and longest lasting one, a multistage just randomly malfunctioned and I have little hope of it being fixed as communication is just lacking.
boboter
I also had a very poor experience with their support and as a result, they lost me forever. My only Verbos modules was the Harmonic Oscillator, which sounded really great. But it still doesn't justify being stuck in a tedious e-mail cycle for almost four months that easily could have been finished in twenty minutes. Gladly, the awesome guys at Schneidersladen helped me out and repaired the module themselves.

Gladly, most manufacturers I have been in touch with over the years offered fantastic support. So Verbos is really the exception.
JFane
Hmm... this is really disheartening to read. I was about to order my first Verbos modules, the harmonic osc as well as the delay, with the goal of slowly assembling the full composition system. This thread isn’t the first time I’ve read about quality control issues with their modules however, and I’m starting to feel a bit trepidatious about going through with the order.
droningsphagettimonster
what is Mark thinking? he cannot possibly be unaware of how the community talks about verbos electronics costumer service / lack of quality control. I'd wish all this would be fixed, because his modules are great.
turin horsey
Really in love with the SOUND of their stuff (HO, CO, ATC, Bark), all of which bought used except for ATC. Some pitch drift but was expecting as such, I dont listen for precision. Definitely would be cautious about going new. I've thought about Multi-Envelope as I really like the varying outputs but QA would be more important there for me. Have had nothing but great support from the likes of Make Noise and Steady State Fate.
Corrupt
Consistently had issues with the modules (three out of a whole set as of 2016).

Customer service ranged from non-existent to unacceptably sloppy at best (same deal as OP, no reply for months after initial contact).

Brand is dead to me now, and I'd advise others to stay away.
Eurtrude
Hello,

Just had an experience with Verbos Customer Support for my Complex oscillator that began to drift too much in pitch and having a problem on the square output.

I contacted them the 11th of september to explain the problem. Paul answered me 24 hours later and we talked by mail during 3 days to identify the problem / send me a return authorization.

CO has been sent around the 17th of september.

No news then. So I contacted them the 2nd of october to have an update : the module was already repaired, but they needed to calibrate it before shipping.

Then they forgot the module and I had to write them again the 20th of october to have another update. They apologized for the delay and sent me back the module, which has then been lost by the shipping company haha... I took me 3 weeks to have it back but Verbos wasn't faulty there.

Since the repair, my CO is totally awesome with very very good tracking and sound.

So they are a bit slow but they do great job. Only negative thing is that you'll have to write them again and again to be sure the things are done. I think they need to hire more employees, but I guess it would cost too much for them.

I hope this helps or will reassure you smile
Euro Trash Bazooka
Well, I'm going to have to send my filter back anyway. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
BrokenBo
i hope mr. verbos reads the concerns and complaints people have and addresses this. hopefully the company can turn this around.

they obviously know what they are doing in terms of sound quality and user intferface...but good customer support is a very big part of a trustworthy company.
kingcons
Reading this thread has been a tad bit scary. I recently picked up a new Multi Delay and traded for a Complex Osc. So far I'm pretty enamored with both.

it would be nice to also hear stories of good experiences to contrast if anyone would like to contribute but clearly Verbos has some work to do on this front.
funqpatrol
I know it sunds a bit far fetched but a tactic to discourage ppl to send their modules back for repair is what I'm starting to think.

From what I know/read and personal experience I think they must have a pretty heafty backlog of repair to take care of... such a shame when all of that could be avoided with proper quality control?
Dogma
For what its worth the rev 4 where "the best" according to someone in the know - they moved from WMD manufacturing to their own and i think (not sure) thats when it went a bit pear shaped with QC
mritenburg
Dogma wrote:
For what its worth the rev 4 where "the best" according to someone in the know - they moved from WMD manufacturing to their own and i think (not sure) thats when it went a bit pear shaped with QC

I don't think that's true because the first versions of the VMS and HO that were sold are both rev 5's. I actually have all of the first modules that were available and manufactured before Verbos got the "pick and place" machine and they are all still going strong.

Also, later modules have no rev number. How would you know it's a rev 4? My Rabdom Sanpling, Sequence Selector, and Multi Delay have no rev number.
Randy
Off my list. I trashed a Touchplate Keyboard because they pissed me off so much.
dubonaire
Yeah I'm not touching them. At least going by this forum Verbos has arguably the worst reputation for faulty modules and poor customer service, which is a bad combination. And they are expensive.
Eurocat
I just built a Verbos System and knock on wood I haven’t had any issues yet.
Wick
Doble post
Wick
Avoid verbos no a good form my experience lack of service leaving customers waiting to no response it’s a red flag
A bad taste in my opinion it would be worse now since he move to Berlin
Zube
Zero problems w the modules, or communicating with them, in my experience.
JFane
Decided to take a chance and ordered the harmonic oscillator and the delay, wish me luck. Rockin' Banana!
Eurtrude
The sound of Verbos modules f**king rock. Beauty has a cost. Even after my story I would buy another one of there module without an hesitation... if I had the money..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4