MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Acoustic, organic, electronic synths?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Acoustic, organic, electronic synths?
flabby
Sorry for the overused adjectives, but what synths are out there that have that kinda organic electronic almost acoustic like sound?
Best examples I can give as to what I'm thinking is Buchla and Haken Continuum. Haken is probably due to the way it's played.

I don't mean synths that can do acoustic sounds like romplers and so on. I mean more that weird space between electronic and acoustic.
Futuresound
Lyra-8 comes to mind right away.
flabby
Wow that thing is wild! Id seen the name about but not checked it out. Thanks.
orangehexagon
I often find it's a matter of how you program it and how you control it. the tool itself matters much less.

I've gotten very buchla-esque and strange organic sounds out of my novation peak.

If you're not allergic to software synths then I'd recommend checking out the Madrona Labs Kaivo and Aalto

The OB-6 with it's state variable filter can sound very lively

Another route is effecting and manipulating very basic source material like a simple triangle wave. Complex effects chains can get very noisey and glitchy, but if done with some care... you can get some very lively organic sounds out of that

A saw wave through a real spring reverb with lots of dynamic but subtle modulation can sound heavenly organic
ranix
a pipe organ is an acoustic synthesizer

a hammond organ is electroacoustic I believe, since the oscillation is generated by the tone wheel
Scories
Maybe a Micromoog...
CF3
Not so much any particular synth but, controlling synths with MPE can yield crazy results.
rowsbywoof
orangehexagon wrote:

If you're not allergic to software synths then I'd recommend checking out the Madrona Labs Kaivo and Aalto

I'd second those, and throw in NI's Prism, as well.
Smokey
With the filter settings just right, the Metasonix S-1000 can have that "kinda organic electronic almost acoustic like sound".
Panason
The Beutron can do some stuff like that. Anything with continuously variable wave shapes and a way to to modulate that with an envelope is a good candidate.
deltaphoenix
I have just began to use an MPE controller and agree that adds more expression in a way that is reminiscent of acoustic/string instruments. But it doesn’t necessarily mean the synth will sound more acoustic.

These resonators are designed to give a more organic/acoustic feel to electronic instruments: https://www.la-voix-du-luthier.com/#home
beyourdog
Anything with a reverb unit enclosed first :-)
FlyingMusician
I always felt the whole Yamaha CS line sounded very acoustical. A CS-80 is about as acoustical sounding as a synth can get IMO
Muzone
Bastl Soft Pop & 0-coast can give some very organic sounds, more animalistic/organic than acoustic but definitely "interesting" smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1