MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

High quality MultiFX 2019, Eclipse?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author High quality MultiFX 2019, Eclipse?
calaveras
Speaking of Eventide, I see a lot of the 'factor' series units in peoples set ups. Any opinion on the 'space' unit as a reverb? Is it flexible or a one sound wonder?
GovernorSilver
calaveras wrote:
Speaking of Eventide, I see a lot of the 'factor' series units in peoples set ups. Any opinion on the 'space' unit as a reverb? Is it flexible or a one sound wonder?

Here is a past Space thread. There are more.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198871&highlight=

Personal opinion: It's flexible. But I am also not the type of person who spends hours searching for the perfect IR or "most natural reverb" like the OP in the above thread.
GovernorSilver
Sorry, double post
anomie
GovernorSilver wrote:

Personal opinion: It's flexible. But I am also not the type of person who spends hours searching for the perfect IR or "most natural reverb" like the OP in the above thread.

Agreed - it's flexible, but "flexible" depends on what you want to use it for. It does great character 'verbs, but it may not be the piece for you if you want great neutral or realistic spaces. On the other hand, I got rid of a PCM81 way back because I found it a little too smooth and lacking in character for my needs, so it all comes down to what type of sounds you're after.
GovernorSilver
anomie wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Agreed - it's flexible, but "flexible" depends on what you want to use it for. It does great character 'verbs, but it may not be the piece for you if you want great neutral or realistic spaces. On the other hand, I got rid of a PCM81 way back because I found it a little too smooth and lacking in character for my needs, so it all comes down to what type of sounds you're after.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I've seen how obsessive some can be about reverb, chasing after the perfect IR or whatever.

So, it's "fleixible" in that a variety of algorithms are offered, from the usual Spring, Plate, and Hall to the famously Eventide weird 'verbs (eg. Black Hole); but clearly it won't satisfy everyone - as a quick forum search will reveal.
materialobject
hello
Ive used the various Eventide pedals, Space etc, then moved onto the H9 which was good.
after wanting more, and after much pondering, i decided to spunk up the cash for the H9000 and i can say that it has far exceeded my hopes for such a unit.
you have everything that the H9 has, and then a whole lot more algorithms (effects) that aren't available on the H9..
but it really shines when you stack up multiple algorithms in an "FX CHAIN" and have running in any combo of series or parallel .. and you can run 4 of these FX chains simultaneously..
im running my H9000 via ADAT and it all slots in nicely in my DAW and i've spent days just surfing through the supplied algorithms finding all kinds of uncanny sounds.
You cannot dive deep and really edit the algorithms beyond the parameters supplied.. in the same way that you're limited on the H9 or other pedals but many of the deeper / larger effect algorithms have enough parameters to keep you happy. plus once you start layering them up they really become so large + custom as to remove any risk of things sounding like you're using an off the shelf preset..

in terms of value for €€€ its an expensive outlay but considering it has the same digital firepower as 16x H9 pedals, it actually isnt too steep

plus Eventide are still actively updating the software that links to it via a computer and releasing new effects so all im, im very satisfued
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2