MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2hp - Play
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author 2hp - Play
twohp
Introducing the smallest sample player in Eurorack!
Demo Video
Product Page

Play is a high fidelity sample player with a full feature set.

Up to 32 samples can be loaded at a time and dynamically switched between using the file knob and associated CV input. Playback modes include one-shot, looping, or gated playback; all with extremely low latency. Transform your samples by pitching them up two octaves or down three octaves, all with a pitch knob that can be free running or quantized to semitones. The pitch CV input tracks volt per octave across its entire range and allows for musical sequencing of samples. Play ships with a pre loaded SD card packed with loops, drum hits, and field recordings to get you up and running immediately.
monads
This looks pretty good in 2hp!!! I like the simplicity.
jwm
curious about what features can be edited in the config...
cliffemu
Can sets of 32 samples be navigated through like arrangement in banks? Or is it just whatever first 32 samples are found on the card? What is the file format and what kind of formatting effort is required to convert samples? Are the cv inputs bipolar or positive only? Thanks smile
strangegravity
I was waiting for them to drop a sample player. Looks good and the price seems ok.
The Grump
nanners
pieter
cliffemu wrote:
Can sets of 32 samples be navigated through like arrangement in banks? Or is it just whatever first 32 samples are found on the card? What is the file format and what kind of formatting effort is required to convert samples? Are the cv inputs bipolar or positive only? Thanks smile

I also have these questions.
Esgal
Definitely curious on how to trigger specific samples on demand. 1v/oct?
twohp
Answers:
It loads the first 32 samples found on the sd card.

File format is .wav

Only special requirement for the files is that they are mono, 16 bit.

CV inputs are bipolar:
File CV range is -5V to +5V
v/oct pitch CV input is -1.5V to +6.5V
Yunsnare
But where is 2HP REC ? hihi
Basterdman
Super excited for this...probably snag a couple for sure
selfdestroyer
I started paying with samples of field recording with my Disting MK4 and now I think I will pick one of these up so I can free up my Disting for other functions. Seems like a very straight forward approach to a basic sampler. Thanks 2HP!
Luap
Oh well, I guess this will do instead of the 2Hp Amen (break) module that I was really hoping for..

hihi
FarmerPhilip
Intriguing...

But the funniest thing about this???

We were joking about this sort of thing what @hp Cat came out....

If our thoughts pan out, 2hp Rec will be on a separate module but there will be a connector cable so they can interface.

Add 2hp Grains for some nano texture processing (if you want) and your good to go.

This could be a whole new world for eurorack: small modules that can (but don't have to) snap together... kinda like modular modular!!!!
atte
Will it load a new set of samples if the SD is swapped or does it only read the SD on poweron?
atte
atte wrote:
Will it load a new set of samples if the SD is swapped or does it only read the SD on poweron?

bump Bump!
Phitar
What is the limit on file lenght? (Duration)

Does playback stop mid file if a new trigger is received or does it play to end of file?
twohp
Answers:

It will only load new samples when you power on.

There is no limit on the file length (duration).
As long as it is within the requirements of the SD card.

The playhead will reset immediately upon receiving a trigger.

Let me know if you have any other questions screaming goo yo
chriscarter
twohp wrote:
Demo Video
Product Page

any idea when will the Play module be available to buy in the UK?
matttech
chriscarter wrote:
twohp wrote:
Demo Video
Product Page

any idea when will the Play module be available to buy in the UK?

In stock with me as we speak!
chriscarter
twohp wrote:
Answers:

Is it normal for the FILE select knob to only work when rotating to the left?
I've put my own samples (16 of them) on some cards but if I try to select the files I can only access them by rotating from the far left-hand to the middle of the FILE knob - nothing is happening from the middle to the right-hand side. I've tried four different memory cards and 35 different samples (all mono, 44.1k wav) and two different Play modules - same results. The samples on the factory supplied card works fine.

I'm sure it's 'user error' but it's a real head scratcher.
bemerritt
chriscarter wrote:
twohp wrote:
Answers:

Is it normal for the FILE select knob to only work when rotating to the left?
I've put my own samples (16 of them) on some cards but if I try to select the files I can only access them by rotating from the far left-hand to the middle of the FILE knob - nothing is happening from the middle to the right-hand side. I've tried four different memory cards and 35 different samples (all mono, 44.1k wav) and two different Play modules - same results. The samples on the factory supplied card works fine.

I'm sure it's 'user error' but it's a real head scratcher.

Without having the module, I’d say it’s because the second half of the knob selects samples 17-32, which are blank in your case.
chriscarter
That's what I initially thought too but I am using the same naming convention as the factory samples - which is alphabetical - for example:
a_kick b_electro ... up to p_zap

I even tried naming my samples exactly the same as the factory defaults but I still get the same issue.
aphantomvaper
Yunsnare wrote:
But where is 2HP REC ? hihi

Want this! help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1