MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Serge?
tragedybysyntax
So...dumb question, where the fuck do you go to order serge panels? :0
parasitk
You have to call Rex @ Sound Transform Systems, I believe.

Number is here: http://www.serge-fans.com/
BananaPlug
Call Sound Transform Systems at: 262 367 3030
tragedybysyntax
Sweet! thanks guys! Come next year early I'll have around 2k to plop on something and... was looking at getting into a buchla but..... I"m hookd on the serge and modcan shit now. LOL. Game over man... game over wink
cebec
tragedybysyntax wrote:
Sweet! thanks guys! Come next year early I'll have around 2k to plop on something and... was looking at getting into a buchla but..... I"m hookd on the serge and modcan shit now. LOL. Game over man... game over wink

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
tragedybysyntax wrote:

$2k?

you wont be able to get much with that.
wetterberg
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:

$2k?

nah, the Serge boats are like 3k each, right?
- still, a very solid start for saving for one! SlayerBadger!
parasitk
$2k?

A single M-Class, maybe not including the boat and power, depending on the M-odule.

The M-Class boats are $300, PS2a power is $225, according to http://www.serge-fans.com/m-class.cfm
indexofmetals
you might try the serge yahoo forum, but since the serge custom panels were discontinued people tend to hold onto them
wetterberg
parasitk wrote:
The M-Class boats are $300, PS2a power is $225, according to http://www.serge-fans.com/m-class.cfm
did I not *specifically* tell you to never show me pictures of the voltage-controlled matrix mixer?!?

very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating help help Trampoline love love

wink
BugBrand
wetterberg wrote:
... voltage-controlled matrix mixer?!?

Is that VC or is it just a Dc-coupled matrix mixer for CVs?
(ha - just! - looks damn nice, especially with the polarizing!)
wetterberg
the specs look fan-fuckin-tastic (although 4x4 is a bit on the slim side) BUT the price-sticker always turns me off in the worst way!
indexofmetals
doesn't metalbox make a nice matrix mixer for a nice price?
parasitk
I think it's a CV mixer - not a VC mixer!
cebec
parasitk wrote:
$2k?

A single M-Class, maybe not including the boat and power, depending on the M-odule.

Yeah, for example, you can get a Creature, boat and PS2a (which powers two boats) for $2024 + shipping.
wetterberg
yeah, the metalbox matrix mixer is *really* cool, but the conversion from frac->euro is a custom job.

Still, I'd MUCH rather get two metalbox units than that one m-odule.
cebec
wetterberg wrote:
yeah, the metalbox matrix mixer is *really* cool, but the conversion from frac->euro is a custom job.

Still, I'd MUCH rather get two metalbox units than that one m-odule.

Until the Metalbox Matrix Mixer was unveiled, I would've disagreed since where else could I find a Matrix Mixer. Now, I'd agree with you 100%. Not to mention, Michael will do it with banana jacks and in silver at no extra cost, I believe.
Cat-A-Tonic
Yeah, why not get the Metalbox one?
Each channel can be switched between unipolar and bipolar.
It is even available as a kit!
Price kit: $195
Price assembled : $275

OR you could get boards directly from CGS.
http://www.cgs.synth.net/
I think a 4 channel unit would cost you $30 in pcbs and then you would have to source your own parts.
You could even add more channels to the same unit if you wanted to go to the trouble of wiring up extra inputs and buffers.
wetterberg
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
OR you could get boards directly from CGS.
http://www.cgs.synth.net/
I think a 4 channel unit would cost you $30 in pcbs and then you would have to source your own parts.
Actually, a single 6-channel mixer "strip" costs 3usd, so you're looking at 12 usd for a 4x6 matrix. Oh, and that could easily be 6x6 as well.
wetterberg
-but for ease of assembly and such, yeah, the "matrix mixer" boards are cool.
zerosum
This

+
a Matrix Mixer

=
killer synth.
eek! we're not worthy

Then put psycho LFO's in the rack ears 8)

That is where I am going to start anyway, unless of course I have more money at the time.
parasitk
If I were going to start with only one M-odule, I'd probably pick the Mayhem or Gator. My second would be the Waveform Processor - I love wave shapers/folders/multipliers even more than I love low pass gates. love
zerosum
Quote:
My second would be the Waveform Processor

That would be my two m-odules,
Then get modcan oscillators(DVDO,quadLFO).....
parasitk
zerosum wrote:
Quote:
My second would be the Waveform Processor

That would be my two m-odules,
Then get modcan oscillators(DVDO,quadLFO).....

Yep! Although the Quad LFO doesn't grab me, I'd get those digital oscillators, and the CV Recorder. Then build one of my 292c clone boards for a low pass gate!

Looks good on paper, now to dig up the currency d'oh!
tragedybysyntax
"mayhem" ?

You mean the creature? or...?

I'm thinking PS2, Boat and a Creature to get me started! 2k plus shipping smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2