MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HEX-01 eurorack cable hanger
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author HEX-01 eurorack cable hanger
Plugler
jjmcclear wrote:
Yesterday I did a quick test... how many Pittsburg Modular eurorack cables, fit on a single HEX-01 cable hanger...??? pause for dramatic effect... 444 Nazca Audio Noodles! That's a lotta pasta, guys! wink


thumbs up

300-444 patch cables? That's a lot of

But if someone has lots of HP, it needs lots of patch cables...
Rockin' Banana!
jjmcclear
Was considering a gear giveaway, for a lucky HEX-01 supporter... but apparently it's against the (lottery) law. hmmm.....
jjmcclear
Thanks to DivKid Ben, Alex Mylar Melodies, Andrew Huang, Cuckoo, and BoBeats for their support! Your shares have really helped with the campaign.


jjmcclear
Nine days left!! nanners

batch
So - it’s way off the goal. Wondering what’s going to happen as really want one of these.
jjmcclear
batch wrote:
So - it’s way off the goal. Wondering what’s going to happen as really want one of these.


Try, try again
Modulus
Backed. Had been waiting on this but didn’t even know the Kickstarter started. Hope the word gets out. Would be good to get this posted on matrixsynth.com
sduck
In case anyone needs the link - it's here - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jjmcclear/the-hex-01

And jjmcclear, you might want to put that link in your sig
jjmcclear
Modulus wrote:
Backed. Had been waiting on this but didn’t even know the Kickstarter started. Hope the word gets out. Would be good to get this posted on matrixsynth.com


Thanks for the support! Yeah, I don't see anywhere to contact them, unfortunately.
jjmcclear
sduck wrote:
In case anyone needs the link - it's here - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jjmcclear/the-hex-01

And jjmcclear, you might want to put that link in your sig


Oh man, yeah. lol Thanks!
electricanada
ranix wrote:
I'd love one for 1/4" cables. I use something like this now but it's not tall enough. I just zip tied two Pomona cable holders to a mic stand.



That looks like a great cat toy.
jjmcclear
7 days left! hyper
Synth Con Meo
electricanada wrote:
Quote:


That looks like a great cat toy.


You mean it isn't? I'll have to break the news to my cats. d'oh!
Corrupt
I really wish this goal had been more realistic.
jjmcclear
Corrupt wrote:
I really wish this goal had been more realistic.


The less you do the more they cost. Even if I did 250 units, I’d be in the red.
jjmcclear
The kickstarter ends this Tuesday! 54 hours to go, as of now.

Jesse
UltraViolet
jjmcclear wrote:
The less you do the more they cost. Even if I did 250 units, I’d be in the red.


Conversely, the less they cost, the more you sell. But, just starting out you are squeezed on both sides. I doubt that you are making much if anything doing small quantities at the current price.
jjmcclear
UltraViolet wrote:
jjmcclear wrote:
The less you do the more they cost. Even if I did 250 units, I’d be in the red.


Conversely, the less they cost, the more you sell. But, just starting out you are squeezed on both sides. I doubt that you are making much if anything doing small quantities at the current price.


Thanks

Also keep in mind... the selling point of this product (aside from it looks cool af) is that these hold a considerable amount more cables (444+ PGH cables, for instance), in comparison to what’s available today.

So it IS a larger piece of steel (and in some cases, thicker), with more cuts. Probably a more expensive tool and die process for the bends/center bevel for the final product... you can’t really compare it to a smaller (or more simplistic) product, and wonder how even just a larger one costs more (unless mine were done in a lesser quality, or with cheaper materials). As much as I would have LOVED for it to be cheaper, I also didn’t want it to be cheaply made.

I could have them done cheaper in China. But that raises some legitimate concerns. Like quality control, not being there to manage it. Shipping a large order of steel parts overseas, is really expensive. And what it they get damaged, or show up looking really crappy? I’d be blindly sending everyone’s pledges to a company that I’ve never been to, or worked with before. It seemed too risky. Plus I’d rather support the local economy if possible.

The only other way that I see, is to produce thousands of these things. So the expenses are divided even further. I think it would be a very similar crowdfunding outcome though... I would have a less expensive product, and possibly more pledges... but then the goal would probably need to be set even higher, in order to cover the costs of manufacturing thousands more. That didn’t seem very realistic either, so... I had to choose the lesser of two evils.

Don’t worry, man... If this crowdfunding approach doesn’t work, I’ll find another way. I won’t give up THAT easily. wink

Jesse
base615
Awesome, exactly what I'm looking for. Backed with 43 hours to go.

thumbs up
base615
Damn, just noticed this probably won’t hit its target and get funded. That would suck big time. I’ve been searching for something just like this :(
jjmcclear
base615 wrote:
Damn, just noticed this probably won’t hit its target and get funded. That would suck big time. I’ve been searching for something just like this :(


If it doesn't, I'll figure out another way. wink

Jesse
jjmcclear
base615 wrote:
Awesome, exactly what I'm looking for. Backed with 43 hours to go.

thumbs up


Thank you thank you! applause

Jesse
jjmcclear
Only 35 hours let of the Kickstarter campaign
jjmcclear
Ends today!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jjmcclear/the-hex-01
base615
Truly a bummer this didn't get funded.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 5 of 8
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group