MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HEX-01 eurorack cable hanger
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author HEX-01 eurorack cable hanger
UltraViolet
base615 wrote:
Truly a bummer this didn't get funded.

I agree.
batch
Very sad.

No way to do a smaller run? I would pay more. I really want one!
Franktree
batch wrote:
Very sad.

No way to do a smaller run? I would pay more. I really want one!

Agreed!
jjmcclear
Hey, guys

Yeah, unfortunately we didn't meet the goal. That doesn't mean it won't happen though.

I'm considering some other options. I don't think a smaller run would really work, as the amount raised wouldn't even cover half of what I proposed get manufactured...and at 250 units, I'd be well in the red (See the figures below). Whatever number you actually order to be made... you still have to pay thousands to have the tool and dye setup. So just ONE hanger would potentially cost a few thousand dollars to be made. I've spent about $2000 just on the design patent, and prototypes being made (3-4 rounds of prototypes).

So the higher the number manufactured, the cheaper they get per unit... but I didn't think I could get a few thousand hangers funded. But like I said, I'm looking into other options. I'll keep everyone posted. One thing about Kickstarter that I don't like, is that everyone's shipping also goes toward your set funding goal... so you actually have even less to work with, on the manufacturing costs. Half the funding could be shipping, and I would be that much more in the red. I don't get that, but whatever's. lol

On a side note... Tiptop Audio has contacted me about featuring a HEX-01 at Superbooth 2019, next Month in Berlin. Adam and Our have been incredibly supportive on this project. smile

Kind Regards,

Jesse

batch
Appreciate your transparency.

Seems like a price of $85 would allow you to break eve at 125 units sold.

I would pay that.
Plugler
batch wrote:

I would pay that.

Mee to!

It's worth this price. Compared to other products, currently available on the marked. There is no cable hanger available with this large capacity. If I want to build a hanger with a similar capacity, I would have to buy 4 normal cable hangers. That would cost ~ 4 x 25 Euro plus time to mount it on a plate. And the final work would not be as nice as your product!

My oppinion: take a higher price. You have no competitor. Your potential customers are mostly owners of modular synths. With many modules (otherwise they wouldn't need this large cable hanger). These kind of customers is willing AND able to pay a price of 80-100 Euro for a product like this.
jjmcclear
I probably won’t change the price, but... I’ll continue to work hard at getting them manufactured somehow. A few things are being considered... like possibly removing the center bevel, to cut cost on the tool and dye. I really don’t like the idea of doing them in plastic, but... it WOULD be cheaper. Not in love with that idea though. A license deal COULD also be an option, but... we’ll see. Not giving up yet. wink

I don’t think some people realize how large this hanger really is, compared to others available today. I really love the prototype that I have. Being able to separate and organize cables based of their brand, length, color etc. ... is quite nice.

Spotted a HEX-01 cable hanger prototype, in one of Bobeats videos, the other day.

jjmcclear
batch wrote:

I would pay that.

I realize those numbers are very general, and they can vary based on quantities etc, but... it gives you a general picture, and I just wanted to be as transparent as possible with you guys. There’s really not much wiggle room on price. I always figured I wouldn’t see any return on investment, until the second or third batch were sold.

I can’t really see charging a lot more than $45-$50... I think I’d run into the same issue, again. With even less people buying them, at a higher cost. I’d personally pay $60 or more, but... yeah. Appreciate the support.
jjmcclear
Plugler wrote:
batch wrote:

I would pay that.

Mee to!

It's worth this price. Compared to other products, currently available on the marked. There is no cable hanger available with this large capacity. If I want to build a hanger with a similar capacity, I would have to buy 4 normal cable hangers. That would cost ~ 4 x 25 Euro plus time to mount it on a plate. And the final work would not be as nice as your product!

My oppinion: take a higher price. You have no competitor. Your potential customers are mostly owners of modular synths. With many modules (otherwise they wouldn't need this large cable hanger). These kind of customers is willing AND able to pay a price of 80-100 Euro for a product like this.

That was my feeling, but... people were still complaining about the price, even though it holds hundreds more than anything else out there. Like I said, I fit 444 PHG Nazca Noodles on mine. lol you’d have to buy 3-5 standard hangers (totaling much more than $45) to get that much storage, but... whatever’s lol smile
batch
Any updates? I’d happily buy one of your prototypes.
jjmcclear
batch wrote:
Any updates? I’d happily buy one of your prototypes.

Hey, bud!

Sorry for the delay. A lot of personal stuff's been going on since the Kickstarter ended. I've been dealing with a lot of chronic health stuff, and they let me go at work, so... been making a lot of adjustments lately.

Anyhow, I am all out of the finished prototypes. I just shipped the last one to Tiptop Audio, for their Superbooth display. The prototypes run about $65 each, though... that includes the cost of materials, laster-cutting, bending, powder-coat, driving around the state (to pick them up here and there), plus shipping.

If that sounds fair, maybe I could do a short run of six?? Being unemployed 'n' all, I don't have much extra cash to front the money, but... I'm sure I could make it work.

On the side, I've been doing some motion design work for a new Mau5trap artist. If anyone is in need of some motion design/video work...? Let me know. I'll post some of my corporate work below. Doing music related stuff for Mau5trap is a welcome change of pace. lol wink

kind Regards,

Jesse

batch
I would happily take one off your hands for $65 + shipping.

Anyone else?
electricanada
I’m in.
jjmcclear
batch wrote:
I would happily take one off your hands for $65 + shipping.

Anyone else?

Well, $65 would include shipping (within the US). Probably an additional $10 or so, for international... it's typically $40-$50 to ship overseas. Maybe I should just do a FS/US: listing? Not sure what the rule is on here?

Jesse
mookmoof
$65? Me too
Matos
Me three!
batch
So that’s 4 confirmed. I think FS/US is fine and would guess you will get more interest.

Would suggest we PayPal you the money in advance, then you can build to order.
evileye0702
I'd be willing to pay more so you could actually make a profit so I'm in for one
batch
As would I
jjmcclear
I'll just order ten for now, and post them for sale in the sale/trade area, on here. I'll post an update here. Thanks, guys!

Jess
JohnLRice
jjmcclear, have you tried contacting some of the larger dealers like NoiseBug, AnalogHaven, etc, etc to see if they'd be interested in buying a quantity? Maybe if you can get a commitment from enough dealers for 5 or 10 units you could justify a run of 100 or so to get your production costs down? Best of luck! thumbs up Great work on the videos too! SlayerBadger!
jjmcclear
JohnLRice wrote:
jjmcclear, have you tried contacting some of the larger dealers like NoiseBug, AnalogHaven, etc, etc to see if they'd be interested in buying a quantity? Maybe if you can get a commitment from enough dealers for 5 or 10 units you could justify a run of 100 or so to get your production costs down? Best of luck! thumbs up Great work on the videos too! SlayerBadger!

Yes,

I initially emailed every eurorack shop (across the globe), I could find on here... Many of them responded, saying they would happily carry them, once available...

However, you typically have to offer them at wholesale cost, and then the global shipping can be rather expensive so... you really take a hit making t worth everyone's while. So it's gets a bit tricky at smaller quantities, to make it work.

And seeing I'm unemployed, well... lol
Plugler
I also want one. I'm willing to pay up to 100 USD plus shipping!
And I will pay in advance.

But: I live in Germany. hmmm.....

How much is shipping to Germany?
electricanada
jjmcclear wrote:
I'll just order ten for now, and post them for sale in the sale/trade area, on here. I'll post an update here. Thanks, guys!

Jess

Looking forward to it. Feel free to PM me when it's ready to ship!
Buyakasoundman
I’ll definitely take one of orders are still open.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 6 of 8