MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HEX-01 eurorack cable hanger
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author HEX-01 eurorack cable hanger
PLNB
Any chances for a mini version for DuPont cables??
DSC
Any chance you might produce other designs? I just built a couple of wall versions. I CNC'd some .060 aluminum, 'broke' it slightly in a press brake and black matte powder coated them and attached to 3/4" Black walnut. I plan on mounting them soon. If people have the wall space these could be handy and made in different colors and wood types.

jjmcclear
I dropped these prototypes off for powder coating, this morning. Should get them back early next week. I wanted to see how they did in the studio first, and shot this quick video. Once I get them back, I'll put together a demonstration video. I'll then be launching the Kickstarter campaign. applause

jjmcclear
Yes, I have these two concepts that I'm working on, so far. Preference?

There's also an optional one, for the desk design as well...

DSC wrote:
Any chance you might produce other designs? I just built a couple of wall versions. I CNC'd some .060 aluminum, 'broke' it slightly in a press brake and black matte powder coated them and attached to 3/4" Black walnut. I plan on mounting them soon. If people have the wall space these could be handy and made in different colors and wood types.
jjmcclear
Hmmm, probably not a huge market for something like that. Maybe I can offer a 3D print version, at some point.

PLNB wrote:
Any chances for a mini version for DuPont cables??
jjmcclear
This first prototype run (in video below), turned out to be the wrong scale. I had a new set cut yesterday. Different manufacturer, much faster, and better quality. When we do the final product, they will be formed with a tool and die. So the bends will be sharper, and the center will be raised.

I was still in the parking lot when I shot this pic. lol hihi

jjmcclear wrote:
Just received the prototypes! Please excuse the video quality.

Buyakasoundman
Those are really looking great! The Ti-Fighter wing is all I see now hihi
Come to think of it; Tie Fighter would be a good name if not already in use;
the cable hanger fights tied up cables.
JohnLRice
jjmcclear wrote:
That's a really cool design! thumbs up Maybe consider making the angled end slots different sizes to accommodate a few larger and maybe smaller cables? Even most eurorack folks might have a couple 1/4" cables for final outputs and possibly a few MIDI cables? And some mobile device headphone and charging cables etc might need a narrower slot then a standard eurorack cable? (not sure, haven't measured)
JohnLRice
Buyakasoundman wrote:
hihi And a potential for an April Fools promotion where it's pictured full of neck ties instead of patch cables? Mr. Green
UltraViolet
I vote for the design with the angle end slots as well. Count me in for one when you launch the kickstarter.
batch
I’m in for Kickstarter
jjmcclear
jjmcclear
JohnLRice wrote:
Buyakasoundman wrote:
hihi And a potential for an April Fools promotion where it's pictured full of neck ties instead of patch cables? Mr. Green

I like it! hihi
jjmcclear
batch wrote:
I’m in for Kickstarter

Thank you! smile
jjmcclear
UltraViolet wrote:
I vote for the design with the angle end slots as well. Count me in for one when you launch the kickstarter.

Awesome, thank you! smile
jjmcclear
JohnLRice wrote:
jjmcclear wrote:
That's a really cool design! thumbs up Maybe consider making the angled end slots different sizes to accommodate a few larger and maybe smaller cables? Even most eurorack folks might have a couple 1/4" cables for final outputs and possibly a few MIDI cables? And some mobile device headphone and charging cables etc might need a narrower slot then a standard eurorack cable? (not sure, haven't measured)

I'll consider that, thanks!
jjmcclear
Buyakasoundman wrote:

I wouldn't want George Lucas coming after me! lol I thought the same though.
batch
These look awesome. Any news on when we can order one? I desperately need one!
jjmcclear
batch wrote:
These look awesome. Any news on when we can order one? I desperately need one!

I'll be wrapping up product photography and video, this weekend. Hoping to launch the Kickstarter, next week. I'll be sure to post the link here, once it goes live.

Thanks for your support! It's very much appreciated!

Jesse
jjmcclear
I'm also considering having some nuts made for the hangers. Most mic stands only come with one nut, as a lock.

jjmcclear
We are live guys!

Check out THE HEX-01 on Kickstarter

DSC
Good Luck thumbs up
sduck
Happy to report that I was backer #1!
Plugler
applause

Backer #5
jjmcclear
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8