MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Folktek „Roam“ and „Fusion“
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Folktek „Roam“ and „Fusion“
HZR
Folktek just introduced 2 New Modules on Instagram.

Roam is a trigger-able dual A/R in 11hp
Fusion is a mixer with a single control to seamlessly mix 2-4 inputs in 16hp

Instagram Post

These modules will be available in copper and gold and i‘m really looking forward to them It's peanut butter jelly time!
HZR
[/img]
Skilling
I want to know more about Roam. Is there any information available?
HZR
Skilling wrote:
I want to know more about Roam. Is there any information available?

Just from the comments on instagram. Someone asked if its similar with Maths from make noise and folktek said ‚its a different animal‘

But folktek are at moogfest this year where they show some new modules and two new systems.
hawkfuzz
Bump for the updates

Anyone know anything about Fusion? I think it's 'fusion' is a scan equivalent but I don't know.
NoLegs
hawkfuzz wrote:
Bump for the updates

Anyone know anything about Fusion? I think it's 'fusion' is a scan equivalent but I don't know.

They have info pages with pictures and specs/features for all of them now. Here's fusion:

http://www.folktek.com/instruments/modular/fusion
hawkfuzz
Yeah I read that. I'm not sure if the 'fusion' function is different than scanning.
Prunesquallor
There are more than those two - Folktek are introducing a slew of modules associated with a crowd fund this summer. You might want to change the thread title. From Modular Grid:

ROAM
This dual envelope packs quite a bit into a small space. It has touch-based selection of of four A/R speeds from x ms to x ms but this also doubles as clock multiplication and division; 2x, 1x, 1/2, 1/3 (with a jumper on the back for those who prefer 1/4). While the clock input triggers the a/r, there's also a trigger jack which makes it incredibly easy to get into more complex rhythms.

Re-triggering can happen at any point in the cycle of the envelope; not just at the release. This is incredibly useful if you're working with sequences.

CV x2: cv out, clock in, trigger in, attack control (attenuable), release control (attenuable), end of cycle, inverted cv out.

What makes this module unique: triggerable a/r is not new but as far as we know there are no modules (including Maths) that allow you to trigger at any point in the cycle. Roam will trigger on the rise as well and not just the fall of the cycle. Additionally by adding our clock multiplication/division, if one sends audio to the envelope, the envelope will be synched to the audio oscillator for added musicality.

SIFT
Sift is a multi-mode low pass filter. There are five modes selectable with touch-based switching which change the character - normal, noise cv integration on the cutoff, square wave replication at the input, extreme resonance overdrive and all modes combined. The gain control hits 100% at 12 o'clock and beyond that will completely crush an incoming signal while maintaining a balanced output level to turn the filter into a distortion.

We've included a vactrol on the output which, when plugged, cuts the output signal and only allows the signal to pass when it receives a voltage signal (trigger, gate, cv). This adds great character to the sound as it rings out the way only a vactrol does. This can also be used as a VCA when the filter is used as a sine wave oscillator.

ANTHESIS
Complete synth voice

Oscillators: dual analog oscillators paired with one another. The main frequency control covers both oscillators and osc 2 pitch control detunes high or low and then shifts to 5ths or 7ths of osc 1 for instant musicality. There's also an octave control to switch octaves up or down. When you jack in to oscillator 2 it becomes independent of oscillator 1 so Anthesis can become distinctly duophonic. Oscillator shape also covers both oscillators simultaneously and smoothly fades from square to saw to triangle to sine waveforms on a single control (with added cv) and there's a switch to determine which direction the control or a/r travels. Add to that a sine-based sub oscillator.

Noise: Level and shape control using bandpass filtering.

Modulation: With speed control over the final vca mix of all events with selectable shape; square, triangle, sine.

Envelopes: Four of them (A/R), all with adjustable attack and release, all triggered simultaneously and with a looping function. Selection of four timing options from x ms to x ms. These four envelopes control: 1. oscillator level 2. oscillator shape 3. noise level 4. modulation over final vca. The envelopes can also be bypassed.

PALACES
Palaces is a reverb and delay module which utilizes seven pt2399 delays. It includes bright and damp controls to create reverberation with feedback and size control to act more as a spring or a giant plate with stereo output. Switching the path sends all delays into a different configuration which changes the character to create a more straightforward delay system or a complex weaving of interconnected and offset metapatterns or chaos as the selectable number of delays 1-6 are added to the output. The delays feed into each other at different points of the feedback path so the signal can become very dense.

"Harm" adds a gritty harmonic distortion into the path which rises in frequency as the feedback path reintroduces itself creating a dirty pitch-shifted version of the original signal.

Additionally a vactrol is placed at the beginning of the path which allows one to cut off the input and introduce the incoming signal only as the vactrol receives incoming voltage (gates, triggers or cv)..

FUSION
Fusion is a mixer that acts as any four channel VCA but it also allows one to seemlessly fade 2-4 audio signals on a single control and even do it with cv. Touch-based selector allows the selection of 2, 3 or 4 inputs to be fused with the fusion control and sent to a single "mix" output. Touch-based selector over direction determines whether the fader/ moves clockwise or counter-clockwise in accordance with an incoming voltage signal. Applying sequenced voltage to fusion allows one to jump between incoming signals - basically creating a triggerable 4 track.

Other than that it's a straight forward and clean mixer with 4 inputs with controls over input level (with andio and peak indication lights), 4 independent outputs with cv control, single output with level control (and audio and peak indication lights, mix output for the fused signal.

VOICES
Dual analog oscillator

Oscillators: dual analog oscillators paired with one another. The main frequency control covers both oscillators and osc 2 pitch control detunes high or low and then shifts to 5ths or 7ths of osc 1 for instant musicality. There's also an octave control to switch octaves up or down. When you jack in to oscillator 2 it becomes independent of oscillator 1 so Voices can become distinctly duophonic. Oscillator shape also covers both oscillators simultaneously and smoothly fades from square to saw to triangle to sine waveforms on a single control (with added cv) and there's a switch to determine which direction the control or a/r travels. Add to that a sine-based sub oscillator.

We've included a vactrol on the output which, when plugged, cuts the output signal and only allows the signal to pass when it receives a voltage signal (trigger, gate, cv). This gives it that extra sweet flavor that only a vactrol provides and allows you to use voices without an additional VCA if desired as we do in the voices system.

And, of course, they look absolutely gorgeous...
hawkfuzz
Love that sig
Prunesquallor
hawkfuzz wrote:
Love that sig

Ta! thumbs up
Wolfdesk
I am considering selling my maths and replacing it with Roam to free up some space.
R.U.Nuts
Interesting design choice that Roam will retrigger at any point in it's cycle. TBH that's a dealbreaker for me. What I like about Maths is exactly that it won't retrigger while rising. So I can apply long attack times regardless of the rate of incoming triggers. I can see that Roam's behaviour can be a benefit when it's used as an LFO or audio rate VCO because this way it's resettable/syncable. But for an envelope I'd much prefer the retriggering behaviour of Maths. And the yet available Info about Roam says nothing about a cycle mode... - At least it's better than other function generators which won't retrigger at all (looking at you A-171-2) which makes them quite useless for fast percussive trigger sequences.
I wonder why no one ever designed a function generator with switchable retrigger behaviour...
hawkfuzz
The Falistri toggles between a retrig after the ATTACK stage or after one cycle. It doesn't have the abiliity to retrig whenever as far as I can remember.

I believe the button that says LOOP will let you cycle
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1