MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Can't make FHX-8GT to work at all
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Can't make FHX-8GT to work at all
-S.L-
Hi OS,

I'm hoping I'll have an answer here, because it has been more than two weeks, I had the modules togheter with the FH-2 (which works wonderfully).

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2959313#2959313

I don't know if it's a jumper issue at the back of the 8GT or me not using the Configuration tool properly.

Been reading the manuals many time, especialy those parts:

Output numbering
Taking the expanders into account, there are a total of 128 possible outputs available – 64 CV
outputs from the FH-1 and FHX-1s, and 64 gate outputs from the FHX-8GTs.
In the FH-2 UI, a single output number is often used, in which case outputs 1-8 are the FH-2's own
outputs, outputs 9-64 are the FHX-1 outputs, and outputs 65-128 are the FHX-8GT outputs.
In the web UI, the FHX-1 outputs are numbered '1/1' to '7/8' (outputs 1-8 on each of 7 possible
FHX-1s), and the FHX-8GT outputs are numbered from '0/1' to '3/16' (outputs 1-16 on each of 4
possible FHX-8GTs)

and the jumper section too, but nothing that could change anything.

I even bought a second FHX-8GT, to be sure than my first unit wasn't faulty, but same thing (it's ok I needed 16 gates anyway)

I'm begging for your help now, what am I missing here, it can't be that hard I'm sure !

Many thanks we're not worthy
-S.L-
I forgot to mentionned that the Show Triggers won't change anything

I can make triggers or gates using the correct note on with the FH2, no problem to have triggers to any base output i want, only on the FH2... but nothing coming out the expanders, no matter the jumpers position or the gate output I choose > GT0/1 etc....
os
Running the 'Test FHX-8GT' function should flash the LEDs on one at a time, if you have all the jumpers in the off position.

How do you have your jumpers?
-S.L-
Hi Os, thank you for taking the time to answer here.

No matter the position (like here as it was shipped) or no jumpers at all, I have the same results, no flashing light at all.

Maybe the FH2 is faulty then

seriously, i just don't get it we're not worthy
os
What happens if you disconnect the 10 way cable to the FH-2 and then power it up? After about 10s the LEDs on the 8GT should flash.
-S.L-
the LEDs on the 8GT still flashes (5 times), even when the 10 way cable isn't connected to the FH2.
os
OK, that's good.

What firmware do you have on the FH-2?
-S.L-
Hi Os, I’m using 1.4
-S.L-
is there any way to see if the FH-2 actually sends some data / infos to the FHX-8GT by any chance, maybe the problem is actually coming from the FH-2 ? seriously, i just don't get it
os
That's what the 'Test FHX-8GT' function is supposed to do.

Quote:
the LEDs on the 8GT still flashes (5 times), even when the 10 way cable isn't connected to the FH2.

Do the LEDs all flash 5 times when the modules are connected to each other? Because that would indicate that there is no communication between the two.
-S.L-
the LEDs (of the 8GT) are flashing either connected or not to the FH-2, as long as they are connected to the power of course.

but when i do the test, nothing is happening ont he expanders. (the test for the FH-2 itself is working)
os
The LEDs should not flash when the 8GT is connected to the FH-2, so that indicates a problem in the connection between the two modules.

Have you tried both 10 way cables?
-S.L-
ah this is something new !

So what you are saying is, if I understand you correctly, is that the 8 LEDs on the 8GT shoud NOT flash when they are connected to the FH-2 when I power it on ?

In that case, then we have communication issue indeed. Because they are flashing no matter if it's connected or not on the FH-2.

I have tried both cables that shipped with my 8GTs, in all the way possible (obviously keeping the red stripe down) and nothing changed.

You can see a little video here with powring up, leds flashing, and testing the 8GT.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybf4q8p4t2agp4v/IMG_7662.MOV?dl=0

hmmm.....
os
Quote:
So what you are saying is, if I understand you correctly, is that the 8 LEDs on the 8GT shoud NOT flash when they are connected to the FH-2 when I power it on ?

Correct.

In which case I have to suspect the FH-2 itself.
-S.L-
Damn, what should I do now then ?

I bought it at cymrubeats.com almost 3 weeks ago now.

Should I return it or you want to have a look at it yourself maybe ? oops
os
Assuming you're UK based then it's probably better if you send the whole lot to me.

Email me.
-S.L-
Thank you, I just emailed you ! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1