MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synthesizers.com with Korg sq1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Synthesizers.com with Korg sq1
studio1dk
Has anyone tried using the Korg sq1 with their synthesizers.com modular?
The sq1 outputs a 10V gate - is that a problem???

Keld
HowDoIKnow
I don't believe so - I watched Brendan Pollard use a row of them to control his Q960's to allow pauses and missed steps during his Awakenings gig earlier this year. I am not sure if he adapted them in any way though....

hdik
josaka

studio1dk
Thanks for the replys - i'll give it a go.

Keld
alternating.bit
I used it to clock things before...

Rex Coil 7

The demonstrated use of the Korg SQ-1s is highly forward minded and quite fearless, admirably so. Technically brilliant.

Oh dear. Then, there's the music itself;

Sometimes certain music just doesn't sound ~musical~ to me ... discordant, but not in a good or "progressive" or even avant-garde manner. I was only able to pull from this as a comparison ...

Is it that I simply don't have the talent to hear the genius? Is it so progressive that it's above/beyond my small minded comprehension?

seriously, i just don't get it
josaka
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

The demonstrated use of the Korg SQ-1s is highly forward minded and quite fearless, admirably so. Technically brilliant.

Oh dear. Then, there's the music itself;

Sometimes certain music just doesn't sound ~musical~ to me ... discordant, but not in a good or "progressive" or even avant-garde manner. I was only able to pull from this as a comparison ...

Is it that I simply don't have the talent to hear the genius? Is it so progressive that it's above/beyond my small minded comprehension?

seriously, i just don't get it

been saying this about sequencers and what people come up with for years.. the SQ1 locks into scales but the folk using sequencer (particularly the uber cheap SQ1) dont really make much thats melodic (I said as much in a different thread..) I watched tons of SQ1 videos (facebook page has many) and hardly any have a sweet or musical melody.. a lot of its random atonal.. you cant see SQ1 notes so unless you sit there with a tuner.. or have perfect pitch.. its going to be ..well.. like the video above.. the moog seq are the same but cost thousands so people may try a bit harder..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1