MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

rk3's carrier input
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author rk3's carrier input
autopoiesis
first I will say I don't know shit about tubes and am just considering an rk3 or rk2 as a first addition. I'd like some VC tube distortion in 8hp and both seem viable.

if I understand whats been explained about the rk3's design, the CV/carrier input is used to modulate the amplitude of the input signal, but it works more like AM than 4-quadrant multiplication. so can you use it as a primitive VCA as well, with the pulser disengaged (tune fully CCW) and with some CV like an envelope or LFO into the carrier input?

obviously this would be an underutilization of the thing but id like to understand their edge capabilities. I'm of course also interested in the agonized pulser stuff and in combining audiorate signals with the rk3, just might sometimes want to use it for nasty tremolo or the like
Yes Powder
It doesn't really work like that. It's AC coupled, so there's no way to hold a voltage that'd cut off the input signal.
autopoiesis
AC coupled is news, since in the manual it says "The CV input can accept changing CVs (such as LFOs) or audio signals" and "You can also feed a CV here"

Thanks for clearing that up though
Yes Powder
autopoiesis wrote:
AC coupled is news, since in the manual it says "The CV input can accept changing CVs (such as LFOs) or audio signals" and "You can also feed a CV here"

It can, but they don’t do much without the pulser engaged. Audio works fine, but slower signals only really affect the pulser.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1