MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

acidlab m303 - no sound
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author acidlab m303 - no sound
stickman
Hi folks - can anyone confirm default behaviour of the acidlab m303? I can't get mine to make a sound:

VCO out - does it need a gate input?
Ribbon cable - I have mine the only way round it doesn't short other units, anything to know?

I'm powering with Pittsburgh modular structure and have tried amongst other things JD-XA CV/gate.

It thuds loudly when I change saw to square, and clicks when I move resonance from 0. I suspect it's broken but want to check for obvious stuff.

Ta
denoise
VCO OUT doesn't needs a gate to send audio.

The connections on the back are bit weird. I connected it wrong the first time. I thought the cable was wrong when shipped from the factory, so I reconnected it trying to cover all the pins but it didn't worked.

Here is the right way:

[/img]
stickman
Lol I put the connector straight over instead of one rank down, though it's a pretty dastardly connector!

Thanks for the help!!
Keltie
What the actual f*ck. Even if there is some logic to that connection, and it’s in the manual, even then, this is a dumb way to build a module.
denoise
Keltie wrote:
What the actual f*ck. Even if there is some logic to that connection, and it’s in the manual, even then, this is a dumb way to build a module.

Exactly! And, no, it is not in the manual!
Anyway, the module sounds FANTASTIC.
uebl
Then again, Klaus ships the M303 with the power cable attached exactly like that, also lets you know that this is exactly the position it should be and there are already multiple threads on here that discuss exactly this. And yes, the M303 sounds great!
kwaidan
denoise wrote:
Keltie wrote:

Exactly! And, no, it is not in the manual!
Anyway, the module sounds FANTASTIC.

The pinouts are explained in the Autobot manual. Basically, the upper pins are for a cv, gate, and accent.

You have to be very careful with the connector, Recenlty, I did the same thing and missed the lowest row of pins. Luckily, nothing blew up!
denoise
It's a great sounding module and all, but to omit this non-standard wiring in the manual (the one page photocopy) and no explanation on the PCB is a really bad practice.
kwaidan
denoise wrote:
It's a great sounding module and all, but to omit this non-standard wiring in the manual (the one page photocopy) and no explanation on the PCB is a really bad practice.

While the M303 manual states that there is an accent bus, I do not see one called out in the Autobot manual! Anyway, the pinouts are described below:

EDIT: To clarify, the circuit board shown below is from the Autobot, not the M303. Same pinouts though.

wtf, lol. i totally would have messed that up going into it if i bought this. good to know this for future reference, as i like what i hear from this thing. Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1