MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Love my Coco, bouncing off Sid and Plum.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Love my Coco, bouncing off Sid and Plum.
Madrayken
Hi folks,
As post says: I'm doing a gear purge at the mo'. Anything I'm not using is on the chopping block. Out of my 3 CL pieces, I use the Coco all the time, but the sid and plum languish on a shelf.

My chief issues are that, for me, those two always sound the same.
Sid: hoot or raspberry.
Plum: plonk and hoot.

Is this just how they are, or am I missing better (more 'correct') ways to use them?

I'm going to look at more patches/vids for inspiration...
Hainbach
Sidrax world of tones shows itself to me everytime I play it on big PAs. Playing with the chaos in very small increments results in amazing tones, remindful of woodwinds and baby elephants.

Use the Plumbutter as a mixer instead of an audio source for new inspiration.
chorus7
Also use Sid to modulate the PB and Coco and not just as a sound source... The PB is a drone machine all the parts including the DeerHorn can drone away... Use the Sid as a little drum machine and themPB as a bass drone... etc

Lots of results from patching all of them up together and not just as separate instruments... It's peanut butter jelly time!
CorpusCallosum
Any example patches of using 2 or 3 of these together? I've got all 3 and struggling a bit to figure out how to use them collectively.
Madrayken
This is the most interesting thing I can get out of my PB right now.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/madrayken/plumbutter[/s]
Madrayken
Hainbach wrote:
Sidrax world of tones shows itself to me everytime I play it on big PAs. Playing with the chaos in very small increments results in amazing tones, remindful of woodwinds and baby elephants.

Use the Plumbutter as a mixer instead of an audio source for new inspiration.

Thanks for this: I know you started using the gongues as filters for the Coco, but I didn't consider that this effectively made it a mixer!
Hainbach
Yeah, it becomes a beautiful processor that way. Gestural, filtering, weird modulation. That has quickly made it indespensible for me when I get bored of its boum ping duwawa sound.
mrbloor
"boum ping duwawa sound" Stefan, you're on slippery ground here ;-). I think what has opened up the plumbutter for me was getting a second one & building some good old fashioned rolls circuits.
Hainbach
Yeah I know, David! :-)
I need to try the Rolzer board. Playing at Patch Point tomorrow, maybe I will borrow it for the session.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1