MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Circadian Rhythms alternatives (or help)?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Circadian Rhythms alternatives (or help)?
bad_algorithm
I have been struggling with this module for months and I'm almost ready to get rid of it. I like what I know how to do with it, which is very limited, but I just can't grasp the groups, presents, steps, channels element of it. I can pretty much only figure out how to make this an 8 step sequencer that can play 8 different arrangements. I still don't get how to make the 4x16, 1x64 settings to work. Anything beyond 8x8 I have yet to make any sense.

I have watched this video at least 15 times over the last few weeks and I still don't get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ijYO3m9MKg

Dead Banana

Does anyone know of any other tutorials out there on this?

Or any other alternatives to this module?

I am all about taking the time to learn something new but at this point I am ready for something new, or at least a new approach.
Chartreuse-J
Get switches, lots of them, and some random, that will help keep you using Circadian. Mutable Branches is also a sweet module to pair.

In Sum: Random, Logic, and Switches, look for those.
Tago Mago
Great video here.
Switches and logic with CR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za5EAUpmqTA&t=0s&index=7&list=PLmYpnwq LK2TPfFO_JwsF-9eeMfr1sELJ6
continuum
First step (no pun) is to go through the tutorials in the manual that cover exactly this. They have graphics that indicate the order of operations and how the LEDs should look when done correctly.

The views are just different ways to look at the same data. 8x8 shows all 8 channels but for just the current Preset. 4x16 shows half of the channels but two adjacent Presets - this is useful if you want to do x0x style programming per bar. 2x32 is one fourth of the channels and 4 Presets. The point of these views is to show the relationship between channels that is not possible in the main Vertical view.

1x64 is one of the more useful views in my opinion - think of it as an x0x style programmer but with 4 times the info shown at once.

If you need more specific help feel free to email contact@tiptopaudio.com
bad_algorithm
Thanks everyone, will look into all this when I get a chance.

continuum wrote:
First step (no pun) is to go through the tutorials in the manual that cover exactly this. They have graphics that indicate the order of operations and how the LEDs should look when done correctly.

1x64 is one of the more useful views in my opinion - think of it as an x0x style programmer but with 4 times the info shown at once.

If you need more specific help feel free to email contact@tiptopaudio.com

Yes, the 1x64 is ideally want to use. I will go over the manual more and hopefully get it.
bad_algorithm
As an update it appears at least part of the problem was an issue where channels weren't changing properly when moving between 1x64 views. I contacted Tip Top support and they had me update the firmware and it seems to make more sense now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1