MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

disting sample organisation help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author disting sample organisation help
Tubefund
Love the latest updates but I can't wrap my head around the different sample play modes and the needed playlists with the new file handling.

I formatted the SD card (Sandisk Ultra etc). copied the help files etc. also
put about 20 different folders in the root. All folders have a different name and contain <100 stereo 44,1-16Bit wav samples. so far so good.

Algoritms work fine and they recognize and play samples fine but they keep looping. I tried to put a playlist.txt in the root; doesn't work. A playlist.txt in the folders: No luck. but a copy of the same playlist in both root and different folders: still no effect
I renamed playlist.txt to playlist.txt.txt (because windows hides the txt as it recon as extension. Still no luck. What am I missing here?

Do i need different playlist.txt for each algo like in earlier firmware? and if so where can i find the right names? not in the manual.

Can't seem to play wavetables too. No error message just nothing.

My playlist.txt looks like:

disting playlist v1
-loop=0
-gap=0
-fadeIn=0
-fadeOut=0
-retriggerOnSampleChange=0
-useStartOnSampleChange=0

My SD card:

[img]

My Wavetable folder:

And the playlist within that folder:
disting playlist v1
1020903_WT_SIN_SM. SQUARE_2048.wav
-wavelength=2048
1041577_WT Pho mix002_1024.wav
-wavelength=1024
1050141_Fzmo Wt7_01_1024.wav
-wavelength=1024
1061005_WT_CB3_ R26_SM_1024.wav
-wavelength=1024
1084567_WT41_phase corr.2048.wav
-wavelength=2048
etc.

Hope someone can help me out here[/img]
os
Zip and post your actual playlist files here and I'll take a look.
Tubefund
Quote:
Zip and post your actual playlist files here and I'll take a look.

Great!
os
Nothing I have will decompress that file. Please could you try again? Use zip perhaps?
Tubefund
Quote:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 am Post subject:
Nothing I have will decompress that file. Please could you try again

Such small files, here they are:
os
Those look OK.

Just noticed though that your playlist-wavetable.txt is in the ZMASSIF folder. It needs to be in the root of the card, as do the waveform samples.
Tubefund
Copy/paste the files from withing the wavetable folder to the root. Wavetable algo works fine now. Thanks.
Gonna try to delete all playlist.txt files within folders and keep 1 in root to see if this solves the problem.
The Grump
So I get this straight... One creates playlist-wavetable.txt file with default values, and folder names (up to 100 folders?). Does one then create another playlist-wavetable.txt file in each folder with file wavelengths (up to 100 per folder)?
os
the manual wrote:
The wavetables are listed in the standard playlist format as above, but with the dedicated name "playlist-wavetable.txt". Each entry is either a WAV file (as in the other playlist formats), in which case the file is assumed to contain all the waveforms concatenated, or a folder name.
If a folder is specified in "playlist-wavetable.txt", the folder contains the individual WAV files that represent one waveform each. The algorithm does not use any 'playlist.txt' file within the folder – any files found files are used in alphabetical order.
Tubefund
I ran into the 4.8 beta thread and here is where I finally read and understand
how the file structure is working. I recommend reading that to others
Who have difficulty’s. applause
Hththt
Compared to 4.7 wich playlists should sit in root. Just multisample and wavetable?
os
You can optionally use one for sample playback algorithms as well.

the manual wrote:
If a playlist is found in the root of the card, it will be taken as a list of folders in which to look for WAV files. If a playlist is found inside a folder of WAV files, it will be used to determine which files to use, the order in which to use them, and to set the per-file options.
Hththt
Thanks, and for multisample playlists nothing chnaged i still need to find the midi note number for the root key to have correct layout on a keyboard?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1