MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Disting Mk4 - Can't edit all parameters in crossfade algo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting Mk4 - Can't edit all parameters in crossfade algo
adaris
Hi - I recently purchased Mk4 version 4.8, and I'm having trouble editing the parameters in the crossfade/pan algorithm. I understand that I can't cycle through the parameters for that algo by pushing the Z-knob, however, my problem is that when I turn S it appears to simply change the first parameter rather than cycling through the parameter list. In the demonstration video I watched on YouTube the guy started from a place where the identifier for the algorithm (in this case H1) was displayed in the window, and from there when he turned the S knob it selected the parameter for editing. Problem is I can't seem to get to that place for the crossfade algortihm. When I select the crossfade algo it goes straight to displaying the crossfade/panning amount, and from there I can only edit the first parameter. I tried holding in S and turning it but that didn't do anything. Am I missing something?

(Sorry I didn't post this in it's own thread initially, but the forum wouldn't let me start my own thread until I had posted a couple of times)
os
Presumably pressing S works (or else you wouldn't be able to change algorithm)?
adaris
os wrote:
Presumably pressing S works (or else you wouldn't be able to change algorithm)?

Pressing S from inside the algorithm takes me back to the menu where I see "Algorithm" scrolling across the screen. Pressing S again gets me the name of the current algorithm (H1 - X-Fade) scrolling across the screen. If I turn the S knob from here it switches to a different algorithm. If I press S again it takes me inside the X-fade algo and displays the current crossfade amount/pan position. At this point if I turn the S knob it edits the first parameter. Holding S in while turning it does nothing.
adaris
If there is something else I should be doing to select parameters for editing, please let me know. Or if as I suspect this is a bug I would appreciate it if you would confirm this. The manual says parameters can be selected for editing by "pushing in the S knob and turning it while holding it in", and while this works for me on other algorithms, as I indicated in my last two posts it does not work for me on the X-Fade algorithm, and this is true for both of the Distings I own.
os
I wonder if you have older firmware, where that algorithm only had one parameter.

What firmware are you running?
adaris
You're right, since I just bought it a couple weeks ago I had mistakenly assumed that I had version 4.8, but it turns out I actually have version 4.7, so that explains it. I will update the firmware tomorrow when I get a micro SD card. Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1