MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modes: 21 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Modes: 21 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web
sko87pro
Quote:
Yeah, you guys are right. I'll fill out more details on the parameters in the next release.

Thanks th0mas that would be great for Disting. Also, support for Related Links would be a good addition, do you think? Community members could add these to individual pages.
g0lem
Another worthwhile request : Polaris Filter.
Umcorps
Typo alert

In Warps (Parasites) the Frequency Shifter screen says its the Binaural Doppler Panner.

The controls is shows are a mashup of the panner and the frequency shifter.
th0mas
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm going to do an update this week that just addresses bugs / missing information on existing modules before getting back into the module queue.

O+C, O+C hemispheres are on the queue list.

Regarding building up a list of Related Links, I would love to see that grow. I don't have time right now to focus on that but if someone has references they think should be added to some of the modules, please open an issue on the github repo and I can get them added https://github.com/boourns/synthmodes .

KvotheKingkiller wrote:

edit: ugh I'll try and get to switching the icons to svg so they not so blurry. sorry bout that!

Thanks so much for the contribution!

The list icons unfortunately cannot be SVG, however if you provide SVGs I can render PNGs that won't be blurry. The icons, regardless of pixel size, will be resized to 40 pts high in the app, so for Warps I made 80px high icons and they come out nice.

Quote:
Polaris Filter

What specifically should be documented on the Polaris filter? AFAIK the Mode button A, B, C, D just cycles through the number of filter poles for most of the modes, is there anything else?
g0lem
Polaris: Just the filter types (poles, empty slots, etc) in relation to the indicator lights.
Trebbers
Noticed an error in Clouds Parasites info section. The instructions on mode changing are not correct for the most recent version. It should be (c/p from the github):

Quote:
To switch mode, press both black buttons simultaneously. LEDs will blink orange; you can then press the Blend or Load/Save button to navigate forward/backward into the modes.
th0mas
Trebbers wrote:
Noticed an error in Clouds Parasites info section. The instructions on mode changing are not correct for the most recent version. It should be (c/p from the github):

Quote:
To switch mode, press both black buttons simultaneously. LEDs will blink orange; you can then press the Blend or Load/Save button to navigate forward/backward into the modes.

I just checked the code - long press also works, but I'll add the double press as well. Thanks.
th0mas
bodydouble wrote:
I've been following this thread lightly, so I might have missed how folks request things to be added, but I'd love to see a uBurst sheet for Parasites. For whatever reason, trying to use the cheatsheet for the fullsize Clouds for my uBurst always makes my brain hurt! Too many knob position differences and horizontal vs vertical LEDs zombie help

Next version will have a table of "knob name" - "what it does" on both clouds firmwares. I don't want to build a graphic display for uburst as well or we'll end up with (number of uburst variants) * (number of firmwares) clouds firmwares smile
th0mas
1.5.1 was just approved by Apple, so it should be available for update over the next 24 hours.

It adds missing tables like scales, key, some algorithm modes to both Disting versions. In the process I also fixed a number of bugs within the Disting cheat sheets.

It also fixes all the miscellaneous bugs reported previously, and clouds has an additional parameter -> function mapping to aid uburst/monsoon/etc users.

Also Disting mk4 now has icons.

Let me know if there's more missing that would be useful day to day.

EDIT: I see Disting mk4 4.10 just got released, the new changes will be reflected in the next update of the application. They are not in Modes 1.5.1.

Thanks
Tom
th0mas
Hi,

1.5.2 was just released, you should see the update over the next 24 hours.

Make Noise Tempi is added.
Disting mk4 is updated to firmware 4.10.

Let me know if anything's amiss!

Cheers
Tom
AThousandDetails
keep going man! All good here!

Anxious to see more modules added to the list smile And the Patch Guide... man when that happen it would be serious madness smile
bedhed3000
th0mas wrote:
Hi,

1.5.2 was just released, you should see the update over the next 24 hours.

Make Noise Tempi is added.
Disting mk4 is updated to firmware 4.10.

Let me know if anything's amiss!

Cheers
Tom

Dope. I'll be working with the Tempi cheat sheet later. Thanks!
Timmy
th0mas wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm going to do an update this week that just addresses bugs / missing information on existing modules before getting back into the module queue.

O+C, O+C hemispheres are on the queue list.

I dimly recall that I was contacted about permission to republish the O&C manual, but I'm not sure if I ever replied, and now I can't find the message anywhere.
th0mas
Hi Tim,

I just resent an email. Cheers!

edit: just to be clear, without your response I was intending on writing an O_C cheat sheet based on code / videos / getting one myself and learning it's usage, not basing it on your manual.
pinkflag16
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how about a button combo reference for Morphagene? I often confuse them if I don’t use it for a week or so.

Also, there have been various Maths example patch guides floating around out there. It would be nice to have those in a nice central reference like this.

Thanks for the app!
th0mas
pinkflag16 wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how about a button combo reference for Morphagene? I often confuse them if I don’t use it for a week or so.

I looked at Morphagene's manual, and I don't think I can document it properly without owning it and having it in front of me. It's just too complex. So if someone wants to write up, even in text format, the various modes and button combos, I can format it properly and add it to the app.

Quote:

Also, there have been various Maths example patch guides floating around out there. It would be nice to have those in a nice central reference like this.
Thanks for the app!

I'm still not sure how to get these into the app properly. I'm not going to copy and paste other content. I guess it would just be a link to the website hosting various patch guides? Maybe in the app / website but just as a separate list? It almost seems like the community is missing a wiki (and people who want to contribute to it...) where right now all the information is stuck in forum posts
pinkflag16
th0mas wrote:
pinkflag16 wrote:

I looked at Morphagene's manual, and I don't think I can document it properly without owning it and having it in front of me. It's just too complex. So if someone wants to write up, even in text format, the various modes and button combos, I can format it properly and add it to the app.

Quote:

Thanks for the app!

I'm still not sure how to get these into the app properly. I'm not going to copy and paste other content. I guess it would just be a link to the website hosting various patch guides? Maybe in the app / website but just as a separate list? It almost seems like the community is missing a wiki (and people who want to contribute to it...) where right now all the information is stuck in forum posts

Gotcha. For Morphagene, I was thinking something simple like this:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182134&sid=b09af49ab 3ddb8c08526a62a04b21e1b

I’ve got this saved on my phone, but it would nice to have everything in one place.
miles_macquarrie
Just wanted to say that I bought Modes and it is great. I would also absolutely love something for the Morphagene to be added.
midilifestyle
pinkflag16 wrote:
th0mas wrote:
pinkflag16 wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for the app!

Gotcha. For Morphagene, I was thinking something simple like this:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182134&sid=b09af49ab 3ddb8c08526a62a04b21e1b

I’ve got this saved on my phone, but it would nice to have everything in one place.

Ooooh. I love this cheat sheet (and I love Modes! Thanks!). I'd be happy if this cheat sheet was included in the app.
th0mas
Hi!

Version 1.6 was just released. It should be available from the Apple Store over the next 24 hours. It adds 3 new modules:
- Make Noise Morphagene
- Mutable Instruments Streams
- Erica Synths Pico Seq

I accidentally lost a little bit of code that was in 1.5 so I think the top/bottom border colours on the module list are a bit incorrect. It'll be fixed in the next release.

If you find any other issues please let me know here or open an issue on github.

If you noticed this release took an extra long time there's a few reasons. My laptop broke and still needs to go back to the Apple Store again. I got sick a few times - nothing serious but it was enough to make me just want to watch TV at night instead of being productive for about a month.

I've also started work on another app, so my time is split between incremental updates to this app and the next app (which is totally unrelated to Modes, it's a modular MIDI sequencer).
pinkflag16
th0mas wrote:
Hi!

Version 1.6 was just released. It should be available from the Apple Store over the next 24 hours. It adds 3 new modules:
- Make Noise Morphagene
- Mutable Instruments Streams
- Erica Synths Pico Seq

I accidentally lost a little bit of code that was in 1.5 so I think the top/bottom border colours on the module list are a bit incorrect. It'll be fixed in the next release.

If you find any other issues please let me know here or open an issue on github.

If you noticed this release took an extra long time there's a few reasons. My laptop broke and still needs to go back to the Apple Store again. I got sick a few times - nothing serious but it was enough to make me just want to watch TV at night instead of being productive for about a month.

I've also started work on another app, so my time is split between incremental updates to this app and the next app (which is totally unrelated to Modes, it's a modular MIDI sequencer).

Thanks! Just got the update.
Abyssinianloop
Watching for Android
th0mas
Abyssinianloop wrote:
Watching for Android

If someone else wants to use the data on github and make an Android app, go for it. I am only going to do iOS and web.
FadingCanvas
Bought the app, great! Little request: can the information about MI Elements mode-changes be included?
th0mas
FadingCanvas wrote:
Bought the app, great! Little request: can the information about MI Elements mode-changes be included?

How about I release an alt firmware that makes it way easier to switch elements modes? I wrote one awhile back, and just recently bought an elements, so after testing it I'll release it! I did a similar one with Rings.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6