MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modes: 21 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Modes: 21 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web
Shledge
iPads can run iPhone apps
BenA718
Shledge wrote:
iPads can run iPhone apps

I may be out of date, but some apps don’t scale from iPhone to iPad. It will run but will be a tiny window in the middle of your screen.
Shledge
They scale as of iOS 10
Umcorps
I bought it on my iPhone. Same version installs and scales up to full screen on the iPad.

+2 for the suggestions to add support for earlier versions of Disting and to allow a user editable section for the favourites bank.

But much better than wading through the PDF manual thumbs up
a100user
Picked up a copy, thanks
sko87pro
Just purchased.

Great idea!

This is a small investment to make me get much more value from Disting.

Hope you can keep the contents up to date with firmware changes.

+3 Can you add support for Mk2 Disting? (I think modes 1-16 are the same as Mk4?)

Any chance of a search function? So I can search for “noise”, and Modes tells me:
B1 Sample and Hold
H7 Noise
selfdestroyer
sko87pro wrote:

Any chance of a search function? So I can search for “noise”, and Modes tells me:
B1 Sample and Hold
H7 Noise

Agree, this would be awesome.
Sunden
selfdestroyer wrote:
sko87pro wrote:

B1 Sample and Hold
H7 Noise

Agree, this would be awesome.

Yes! A search function would be great!

I also love the user editable notes idea!

Using it has already made me realize how much I wish I had a single reference app I could use for all my modules... Clouds Parasites firmwares especially!
th0mas
Sunden wrote:

Using it has already made me realize how much I wish I had a single reference app I could use for all my modules... Clouds Parasites firmwares especially!

Thanks everyone for your support. I like all the ideas brought up but FYI this is my focus right now, expanding the app to make it easy to add more and more module content. Once I have an Android app released I'm going to open source the module data so that anyone can contribute and reuse it. Perhaps this can be an opportunity to extract a ton of knowledge out of 80+ page threads and decentralize it.
Audiodog
Looks great. Purchased thx
Naenyn
@OP: The K1 Wavetable VCO is missing Parameter 3. Dead Banana
th0mas
Naenyn wrote:
@OP: The K1 Wavetable VCO is missing Parameter 3. Dead Banana

Ugh, thanks. Fixed, will be in the next release (probably late this week).

Also, what a cool parameter, I didn't realize you could get dual wavetable VCOs and detuned. Building this app has been like studying in school for a test by making notes, I've learnt so much about the capabilities of the disting that I hadn't realized existed until now.
amalthea
Wow! This is such a great tool. Just purchased!
amalthea
And ditto on the requests for a search function, and also user notes. Would be great to be able to attach a note with typical settings/uses, a way to remember happy accidents, etc. SlayerBadger!
bengersfood
Will buy if it can be made mk3 friendly
sko87pro
@OP,

There’s a little bug in M3 Logic.

The parameter values for M3 should go:

-1 (see the typo on this line)
Etc.

Here’s a pic:

insoul8
This app would lend itself very well to use with Plaits/Braids. And I guess a lot of other Mutable modules too.
ambientnoise
insoul8 wrote:
This app would lend itself very well to use with Plaits/Braids. And I guess a lot of other Mutable modules too.

I also would like to have one for Plaits/Braids too, as I am a new user to both.
th0mas
I've got good news and bad news:

Good news! I've added Rings and Clouds to the app, and more are definitely to come. The update is live on the App Store but can take 24hrs to go global.
I've open sourced the cheat sheets themselves at http://github.com/boourns/synthmodes . Hopefully some people will be interested in contributing more or reusing them.

I made a web version of the cheat sheets available at https://synthmodes.com. Theres more tweaking to do before it's great, but it's a start.

Bad news:

I've decided to not build an android version. Sorry. I spent a day on it and just.. I don't use android, I don't like the development options on android, I get no joy from building on the platform, only anxiety around API comparability.

With the content on web and now open source if someone wants to build it, go ahead.

I'm going to focus on the feature requests on iOS and adding more cheat sheets.

Thanks!
sko87pro
I thought there were frameworks for building cross-platform mobile apps from single source code, especially if the app is largely about rendering HTML content? Phonegap? Xamarin? The app is kind-of an embedded browser, right? But what do I know about it!!

I’m a happy buyer of Modes for iOS. Could you add Braids please, that would be really great!
bedhed3000
th0mas wrote:

Bad news:

I've decided to not build an android version. Sorry. I spent a day on it and just.. I don't use android, I don't like the development options on android, I get no joy from building on the platform, only anxiety around API comparability.

With the content on web and now open source if someone wants to build it, go ahead.

I'm going to focus on the feature requests on iOS and adding more cheat sheets.

Thanks!

Have you heard of Nativescript? It basically allows you to build a fully native app (not a web view) for both platforms (iOS and Android) in the same codebase using Javascript and HTML-like markup. This app looks pretty light-weight, so it might be a good candidate. I realize you probably put a ton of work into building it on native iOS technology, but you might consider switching over if enough people request an Android version. Porting your Swift/Obj C code should be pretty easy unless you have absolutely no experience with JS. Just an idea.

Also, is this open-sourced? You might find someone to add an Android version if it's on github or whatever. I might even find time to take a crack at it in Nativescript (I also have no desire to learn the Android dev platform).

Edit: I see there is a web version now. Cool.
th0mas
Thanks for the link!

I do know JS, so I considered react native. But after a day of fighting dependency hell to build a proof of concept I decided to stop. No matter what I'm keeping the swift version as it's the only first class option that can do things like proper split view, 3d touch, and have great battery performance. So I would be making features for the platform I use and then feel obligated to port the features to the platform I don't use in an environment I don't enjoy.

With the cheat sheets open source maybe someone else will build and maintain the Android app, until then the web version will have to do.
Shledge
The easiest solution is to just make it a responsive web app. Stuff like React JS isn't particularly difficult to learn and you could even have a backend system in place to add entries for each category, along with linking to relevant video etc. Both platforms have decent support for this.

For displaying information like this, making it a proper app seems a bit pointless.
Sunden
Just submitted my first ever pull request on GitHub!

Added Just Friends 6 modes and 6 run modes. Hopefully will get around to adding Just Type as well at some point. Also looking at Warps Parasites and Grids' Settings page...

At some point I might also try to tackle reformatting Onament and Crime's html manual for Modes... would be pretty ace! Unless some other brave soul wants to...
Portabella
this is so great ! - thanks a lot thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 2 of 6