MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modes: 21 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Modes: 21 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web
Franktree
th0mas wrote:
Franktree wrote:
Purchased! It would be great to see Ornament and Crime added, since it's got a fair amount to remember about it as well.

I agree. I have permission from one of the authors, but not the other yet, to use the O_C manual as a basis. I suspect he's just busy and don't want to bug him too much.

Awesome. Fingers crossed the other author comes through soon.
Scott M2
Just bought it and am looking around. I like the flashing colours in the Pico Logic. A guide for Pico Seq would be great too. Cheers!
AThousandDetails
Hi man! Just bought the app, this is amazing! Braids, Peaks Dead Man, Disting MK4 in the house!

I wanted to request / advice some features which I think it will be OK and easy for you:

-Batumi Cheat Sheet (to remember all the quirks and modes)
-Shapeshifter Cheat Sheet
-Eloquencer Cheat Sheet
-SSF URA Patch Guide (would be insane this one, maybe talk to Bob Borries to help grin ?)

EDIT: Can you please add the Last page of Bob Borries (vo1t) to the Disting MK4 manual? In each section it would be cool to have the images, for example in B4 put the table of corresponding clock to each value, same for A6 and F6 to understand the quantizer modes... smile thanks!

In the future would be amazing to have Patch Guides too! This is awesome! Full support brother!
Shledge
I love the additions for Warps. cool

Is it possible to look into adding these?
- Frames/Frames parasite
- Streams
natureclubcassettes
AThousandDetails wrote:
-Shapeshifter Cheat Sheet

what would you need a cheat sheet for this module? the manual is an excellent reference and the module is pretty straightforward, especially after the most recent firmware update.
dan_k
Some potential suggestions:

The banks for the Radio Music would be handy:
https://github.com/TomWhitwell/RadioMusic/wiki/How-to-use-the-Radio-Mu sic-module

Cyclebox modes:

Such as this from wintchil
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=428848&highlight=#42 8848

And this more detailed web app from from user grex
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76406&highlight=cyc
http://peterkosa.com/coe/

They both seem to be active so shouldn't be difficult to contact for possible inclusion.
Pighood
Purchased the everluvin FUCK out of that fap fap fap...
bengersfood
This is an excellent app and new additions are great.

One small piece of additional utility (at least for me) would be to add the basic mode and menu switching instructions for each module (or parasite) perhaps in the info tab or in a new tab for that express purpose.
th0mas
Woah, thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

I've added the module requests to the Issues list on the github repo, you can roughly see my priority order here:

https://github.com/boourns/synthmodes/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+so rt%3Acreated-asc

The goal of the app is to be a knob/LED reference guide for multipurpose modules, and to keep the scope minimal it's assumed the user has read (or is willing to read) the manual for their modules.

That being said, I agree a quick reminder on how to mode switch would be useful.

Instead of reproducing some other cheat sheet author's works I will add links to their cheatsheets off the info page. It won't be phone-formatted but it's less common information to need to lookup.

I did want to do Shapeshifter. I agree the manual is great, but as usual not phone formatted. I've emailed Intellijel asking for permission to reproduce parts of their manual, as I would want to include the wavetable images. Haven't heard back yet.
th0mas
Hi,

v1.5 was just approved by Apple and should be available in the next 24 hours.

It adds:
Plaits (contributed!)
Erica Synths Blackhole DSP 2 (contributed!)
Frames
Frames Parasites

Added icons for disting mk3 to make it easier to identify algorithms.
Modules list is now grouped by manufacturer.
Added some missing tags on Disting.

Let me know if you have issues with the app or content.

Thanks to all the module contributors!

Cheers,
Tom
Gonzbull
Heya,
Great app. Thanks for doing this.
Just a couple of typos.
-Disting MK4 info says MK3 at the start.
-Disting MK4 - H5 says H4 instead.
Cheers
th0mas
Gonzbull wrote:
Heya,
Great app. Thanks for doing this.
Just a couple of typos.
-Disting MK4 info says MK3 at the start.
-Disting MK4 - H5 says H4 instead.
Cheers

Ugh, thanks for letting me know! Will be fixed in 1.7.
kidkoexist
Purchased for Plaits, hoping for the addition of Make Noise stuff, primarily Morphagene and maybe some of those Maths function patches.

Euclidean Circles settings guide would be good too!
g0lem
Can I make a request?

E352 Cloud Terrarium

Really would like a reference for parameters coordinates per mode.

This little site is so helpful. Added it to the home screen of my phone already.
th0mas
Added Cloud Terrarium and Euclidean Circles to the list, thanks.

Regarding patch guides.. it would be a lot of work to reproduce existing excellent info sources and I don't think it adds much value to do that in the app compared to the original web page patch guides. However, perhaps a separate section, or a separate list on the modules page, that just links to the existing patch guides?
EPTC
This app is pretty dandy, thank you! Love that you include Dead Man's Catch here, too. Appreciated.
bedhed3000
How about Make Noise Tempi? It would be nice to have a quick reference for the button combos. I'd buy that for a dollar cool
srcodling
O&C hemisphere and Android are my suggestions. Especially Android app so I can give you some
KvotheKingkiller
th0mas wrote:
Hi,

v1.5 was just approved by Apple and should be available in the next 24 hours.

It adds:
Plaits (contributed!)
Erica Synths Blackhole DSP 2 (contributed!)
Frames
Frames Parasites

Added icons for disting mk3 to make it easier to identify algorithms.
Modules list is now grouped by manufacturer.
Added some missing tags on Disting.

Let me know if you have issues with the app or content.

Thanks to all the module contributors!

Cheers,
Tom

Plaits contributor here, just downloaded, came out great! thanks th0mas for the great work you've done with this. Will keep an eye out for any plaits content issues. Working on TINRS Tuesday next!

edit: ugh I'll try and get to switching the icons to svg so they not so blurry. sorry bout that!
KvotheKingkiller
kidkoexist wrote:
some of those Maths function patches.

hmm yea you mean like the ones in those pdf's that are floating around? I could look at this as well.

I remember having a bunch of different version v2 vs v3 and its wasn't immediately clear to me if the difference were cumulative or not, need to go through it. Can someone remind me which is the latest?
sko87pro
Quote:
EDIT: Can you please add the Last page of Bob Borries (vo1t) to the Disting MK4 manual? In each section it would be cool to have the images, for example in B4 put the table of corresponding clock to each value, same for A6 and F6 to understand the quantizer modes... smile thanks!

+1 for this. This would be really great because the Disting MK4 content is really very sparse, you’re supposed to recall (e.g.) sixteen quantiser modes numbered 0..15 and many other settings likewise. It kind of loses the value of Moses when you have to go looking on the web anyway for the info you need! Instead of duplicating Bob’s content, maybe you can provide Related Links in each page which launch an embedded browser so you can just read the content and tap “Done” to return directly to Modes?

I imagine this feature would be helpful to all modules and allows for linking to cheat sheets/patch notes as well.

Love the app.
th0mas
sko87pro wrote:
Quote:

+1 for this. This would be really great because the Disting MK4 content is really very sparse, you’re supposed to recall (e.g.) sixteen quantiser modes numbered 0..15 and many other settings likewise. It kind of loses the value of Moses when you have to go looking on the web anyway for the info you need! Instead of duplicating Bob’s content, maybe you can provide Related Links in each page which launch an embedded browser so you can just read the content and tap “Done” to return directly to Modes?

I imagine this feature would be helpful to all modules and allows for linking to cheat sheets/patch notes as well.

Love the app.

Yeah, you guys are right. I'll fill out more details on the parameters in the next release.
loydb
Waiting on O+C.
bodydouble
I've been following this thread lightly, so I might have missed how folks request things to be added, but I'd love to see a uBurst sheet for Parasites. For whatever reason, trying to use the cheatsheet for the fullsize Clouds for my uBurst always makes my brain hurt! Too many knob position differences and horizontal vs vertical LEDs zombie help
Placid Mouse
Great work

I think an example patch section would be really great, more for the complex analog stuff ie maths.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 4 of 6