MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Synths/keyboards which can tune every key?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Synths/keyboards which can tune every key?
johnnywoods
I have had a lot of fun playing with some very specific tunings on my Rhodes, and am trying to identify other instruments I could do this with. Obviously, using modulars and analog sequencers is one option... but what about self-contained instruments?

So far, I've only found the Korg PS-3100/3200/3300 and PE-1000... anything else?
mmp
Korg PS-3100 tuning is for 12 tones that is repeated up and down all the octaves, while the PE-1000 has a pot for each and every key. I haven’t detuned my PE-1000 enough to know how far sharp & flat you can actually go...need to do that someday.
orangehexagon
johnnywoods wrote:
I have had a lot of fun playing with some very specific tunings on my Rhodes, and am trying to identify other instruments I could do this with. Obviously, using modulars and analog sequencers is one option... but what about self-contained instruments?

So far, I've only found the Korg PS-3100/3200/3300 and PE-1000... anything else?

I'd love to hear more about the alt tunings of your Rhodes.... care to share some examples?
johnnywoods
orangehexagon wrote:

I'd love to hear more about the alt tunings of your Rhodes.... care to share some examples?

I don't have any recordings finished to share, but I'm mostly experimenting with Pythagorean temperament, Solfeggio frequencies, and things like that.
widdly
There is a standard called scala for microtuning synths. Lots of info and supported hw list here.. http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1