MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Sequencing with accurate CV values?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Sequencing with accurate CV values?
wallyp
Rossum Electro's Assimil8tor can trigger individual samples with a specific CV value. I know sequencers like the Eloquencer can do this but I'd prefer something with knobs on really. Anybody know of anything? Theres 8 channels on the A8 so anything approaching that amount of tracks would ideal.
bedhed3000
Z8000?
windspirit
You can set a precise CV value on channel B of the flxs sequencer.

I also have a metaseq which lets you set the CV output to an accuracy of 1000th I believe. They arent available anymore but they pop up on the BST forum every once in awhile.
Junk Rhythm
wallyp wrote:
Rossum Electro's Assimil8tor can trigger individual samples with a specific CV value. I know sequencers like the Eloquencer can do this but I'd prefer something with knobs on really. Anybody know of anything? Theres 8 channels on the A8 so anything approaching that amount of tracks would ideal.

First, I haven't used or touched (yet, most likely near future) the Assimil8or so I am only going off of what is in the manual. The Z8000 would work but keep in mind that since it is a matrix, some of the values will be limited since at any one point, a knob position would overlap with another based on where you are in each row or column. The Z8000 is also 0 to 10V and the Assimil8or is -5 to 5V so you would need to offset each channel of the Z8000 by -5V to match the range while retaining the full movement of the control. Maybe there is a setting in the Assimil8or to compensate, not too sure without a deeper dive into the manual. Since the Assimil8or is only selecting between 8 samples per channel, there is plenty of room in the controls range that you wouldn't need to be very precise with sequencing to find the next or previous sample when adjusting in real time or premeditated. The benefit of the Z8000 is there are multiple rests, clocks and direction inputs that would really open up the flexibility with sequencing. Clock dividers, switches, multiplies and routing utility will make this route really shine.

Two Pressure Points with Brains would also get you into some fun territory. Add on two of the now discontinued Analog Memory modules (used market) with that setup and you would have plenty of CV to get going. You would only need one clocking source to get this moving but you don't have as much flexibility since each channel would not operate independently. You would still need to condition the CV to adjust between the 0 to 5V range of Pressure Points and the -5 to 5V of the Assimil8or.

Both of these options are more expanded out sequencing options, so if you want something more "All in One" they may not be the right path.

EDIT
Under the Zones section of the manual, it looks as if you can adjust the ranges so you could very likely get away without needing utilities to compensate for CV ranges.
peripatitis
I guess the teletype would do as well, especially now that you can use the 16n fsderbox with it.
void23
It's definitely not "knobby", but the ER-101 will also provide precise voltages. Add an ER-102 and that will give you excellent external CV control over what the ER-101 is driving.

That said, do you really need precise voltages with digital readouts (even though the ER-101 is great)? Something like a Voltage Block is going to be much more available, cheaper, and pretty darn good also. You'd probably need some time to play with it to see what I mean, but the way it handles editing is about best I've come across with sequencers with physical controls. Elaborating, when you're trying to dial in a voltage, it'll pause on that step until you're done tweaking, then resume the sequence in time with your master clock without having to give it a reset.
wallyp
Thanks everyone, some great suggestions there for me to take a look at. z8000 and Voltage Block sound doable and very hands on knobbyness abounds.
chapelier fou
Teletype is really good at it. 0.01V accuracy. I would check OD ER-101 as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1