MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

NEW ARTURIA SYNTH ON DEC 11....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author NEW ARTURIA SYNTH ON DEC 11....
dopefiend
I saw the very cryptic teaser as an add on YouTube. Anybody know anything else besides aimless speculation?
IR
I hate cryptic teasers. Most companies seem to be into cryptic teasers these days. I'm not saying I hate all their synths, just their marketing.
rean1mator
one of the synth mags/sites broke the vid down and they seem to think it's a soft synth that's not a recreation of another companies hardware synth. An OG Arturia Softsynth.
calaveras
oh great. I just bought an OB6. And then this new thing comes out the day after my birthday. Hold on a minute. I am sure I will be more than happy with the OB6.
anselmi
calaveras wrote:
oh great. I just bought an OB6. And then this new thing comes out the day after my birthday. Hold on a minute. I am sure I will be more than happy with the OB6.

have a nice bd, bro...it´s just a plugin w00t

Rex Coil 7
anselmi wrote:
calaveras wrote:

Yet another NI Massive variant of sorts? Or some other wavetable thingy?

FUCKIN' DUBSTEP YO!

headbang Flamey Dinner at the Y The Chewbacca Defense

WUB WUB WUB

OH YEA ... THA'S RIGHT .... SNAPPIN MY FINGUHZ ... I'M SNAPPIN ... I'M SNAPPIN ... UH HUH ... UH HUH ... I'M ABOUT A SNAPPIN FINGUHZ BITCH ...

SKRILLEX RULZ! DUB 4 EVAH!!

... wonder when the guy with the mouse helmet's gonna show up? ...

lol
skunk_hour
Screenshot looks like an SEM filter is selected--so we might be looking at selectable filter models drawn from their vintage emulations, and is that wavefolding that's selected? This could be a great plugin.

Interface is pretty ugly, though
orangehexagon
Guinness ftw!
Panason
"Bicches don't realize that the wub wub is just a clock-synced lfo modulating a low pass filter or some shit"
Rex Coil 7
orangehexagon wrote:
I use Massive all the damn time and I've never once made a dubstep sound and I'm not a fan of Skrillex....

I also saw an interview with Jean Michel-Jarre and he talked about how he uses Massive all the time. We are not limited to stock presets and how it's marketed, ya know?

EDIT: I AM NOT HUMOROUS TODAY SO I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT
Having a bad day, I take it?

No problem ... it happens to all of us.

I hope tomorrow is better for you. I know how it feels to wake up and be on the wrong side of the world sometimes.

Brian. Hug
Rex Coil 7
Panason wrote:
"Bicches don't realize that the wub wub is just a clock-synced lfo modulating a low pass filter or some shit"
Bitches don't be carin' 'n shit ... CUZ REASONS YO!

DAMN SON ... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE WUBBAGE!

headbang headbang headbang headbang headbang headbang
pinkflag16
Uhhh....did Arturia just refer to their synths as "iconic"? hmmm.....
chaosick
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
anselmi wrote:
calaveras wrote:

Yet another NI Massive variant of sorts? Or some other wavetable thingy?

FUCKIN' DUBSTEP YO!

headbang Flamey Dinner at the Y The Chewbacca Defense

WUB WUB WUB

OH YEA ... THA'S RIGHT .... SNAPPIN MY FINGUHZ ... I'M SNAPPIN ... I'M SNAPPIN ... UH HUH ... UH HUH ... I'M ABOUT A SNAPPIN FINGUHZ BITCH ...

SKRILLEX RULZ! DUB 4 EVAH!!

... wonder when the guy with the mouse helmet's gonna show up? ...

lol

Haha thank you ,a bit stressed from work ,just what I needed. My thoughts exactly . It's Arturia so I assume there next ad will show a bunch of young skinny adults jumping around their den on electric guitars in conjunction with said product, smiling at one another as they drink beverage of choice, in anticipation of musical glory/sexual escapades.
rean1mator
wait wut? is arturia secretly owned by roland?

chaosick wrote:

Haha thank you ,a bit stressed from work ,just what I needed. My thoughts exactly . It's Arturia so I assume there next ad will show a bunch of young skinny adults jumping around their den on electric guitars in conjunction with said product, smiling at one another as they drink beverage of choice, in anticipation of musical glory/sexual escapades.
chaosick
rean1mator wrote:

chaosick wrote:

Not sure I get the joke? This just seems to be what their marketing videos consist of, going by the ones I remember for Matrix Brute and that weird audio interface they made (have yet to see a person who own one aside from Jarre who did a weird sort of disinterested PR video for them on it)
Rex Coil 7
chaosick wrote:
rean1mator wrote:

chaosick wrote:

Not sure I get the joke?
Roland makes those types of promo vids too. So the joke implies that Roland would make Arturia's new promo because Roland owns them ... judging by hypothetical the video you described.

Got it now? hmmm..... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
chaosick
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
chaosick wrote:
rean1mator wrote:

chaosick wrote:

Not sure I get the joke?
Roland makes those types of promo vids too. So the joke implies that Roland would make Arturia's new promo because Roland owns them ... judging by hypothetical the video you described.

Got it now? hmmm..... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Huh, I can't even remember when I've seen a modern Roland promo video. What on earth are they promoting, V-Pianos?
Rex Coil 7
chaosick wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
chaosick wrote:
rean1mator wrote:

chaosick wrote:

Not sure I get the joke?

Huh, I can't even remember when I've seen a modern Roland promo video. What on earth are they promoting, V-Pianos?
Perhaps. How about all of those "Boutique" synths that are all over the place? Or that entire line of those LED lit "Aira" goodies (drum machines, mixers, synths).

LOOK! This must be great stuff! That guy has a hip (nope .. fuddup) haircut! LEGIT YO! ......

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Roland/Aira/

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=roland+boutique

OH HELLS YEA .... KEYTAR!!! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! I'M SO IN!! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/c510--Roland--Synthesizers

lol lol lol lol
chaosick
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
chaosick wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
chaosick wrote:
rean1mator wrote:

chaosick wrote:

Not sure I get the joke?

Perhaps. How about all of those "Boutique" synths that are all over the place? Or that entire line of those LED lit "Aira" goodies (drum machines, mixers, synths).

LOOK! This must be great stuff! That guy has a hip (nope .. fuddup) haircut! LEGIT YO! ......

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Roland/Aira/

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=roland+boutique

LINK = https://www.sweetwater.com/c510--Roland--Synthesizers

lol lol lol lol

Oh yeah ,ugh. It's like someone's idea of what was hip 20 years ago. It's quite weird. I was at Superbooth in Berlin last year and there was to me, a large and quite sad Yamaha room full of workstations, pianos..and one heavily guarded CS-80 with a long line to play it while one such guy watched you. As opposed to the dedicated euro booths which were usually just the one guy heading it who was happy to talk to you honestly about their products, this and other large company booth rooms were full of young guys in official YAMAHA etc. jackets who strutted around about how cool they were...because to be in the presence of a single synth that was manufactured before they were even born and a memory of what such a company was once capable of making ,but doesn't even remotely make such products now? That's cool? I don't even get it.
Rex Coil 7
chaosick wrote:
Oh yeah ,ugh. It's like someone's idea of what was hip 20 years ago. It's quite weird. I was at Superbooth in Berlin last year and there was to me, a large and quite sad Yamaha room full of workstations, pianos..and one heavily guarded CS-80 with a long line to play it while one such guy watched you. As opposed to the dedicated euro booths which were usually just the one guy heading it who was happy to talk to you honestly about their products, this and other large company booth rooms were full of young guys in official YAMAHA etc. jackets who strutted around about how cool they were...because to be in the presence of a single synth that was manufactured before they were even born and a memory of what such a company was once capable of making ,but doesn't even remotely make such products now? That's cool? I don't even get it.
I don't know what happened to Yamaha. The GX-1, CS-80, DX7, CP-70, all mighty and excellent in their own right.

Now they give us Reface.

However I am willing to say that their line of "Attitude" bass guitars is some seriously rockin' bad ass shit! Stupid-well built! Amazingly thick midrange content. Playable as all hell. And $3k to $4k to obtain! Cuz good ain't cheap!

Reface. Reminds me of pretty much everything "pop" today. Nearly every TV commercial uses music from the 1970s or early 1980s (y'know, back when pop music had substance ... before MTV ... before visual imagery killed musical content ("Video Killed The Radio Star" ... MTV's very first video played on television ... how ironic). Ever since how things looked became more important than how music sounded it's all been going downhill. So instead of hiring jingle writers and jingle musicians, they just "remix" something that was actually GOOD!

Movies, TV shows, even TV commercials, "new" gadgets ... it's all derived from far better inventions and talent. Since public schools have become political indoctrination camps instead of centers of learning, mainstream ~anything~ has been doing a steady swirl right down the toilet.

Writers (TV, movies, music) don't know how to write anymore. Pop musicians are talentless hacks or are too afraid to buck against their leash holders that demand marketable shitpoopcrap be created. Every form of mass entertainment has become the child of formula rather than children of vision.

Shitpoopcrap.

It's no wonder cassette decks and cassette tapes are finding new popularity again, same with LPs (records, y'know, those things that scratcher DJs destroy to use as instruments ... those are actually collections of music y'know!) ... all of these old formats are seeing newfound interest again. Why? Substantive sound. Mid range content ... suddenly the 1khz band is being heard again! Midrange ... like everything else substantive, good, and full of character and meaning ... has been scooped right out of frequency response. Ain't that just like the money-whores to do? Scoop all that is difficult to create and sell just the easy part ... the bottom and the highs?

Shees ... who needs content and character? That's too hard to create. Let's just stick with the kick drum and the snare (so to speak). Apply that idea as a metaphor for the rest of the mainstream/pop-culture feeding trough.

thumbs up
Pugilistas
Now that's a rant!

I even agree with some of it..... wink
Panason
Quote:
I don't know what happened to Yamaha.

The same thing that happened to Korg and Roland probably. A combination of the Japanese economy going downhill along with the extremely conservative and rigid nature of Japanese corporate culture.
jonne74
Finally that SQ-80 plug-in I've been waiting for.
medium Rob
Panason wrote:
Quote:
I don't know what happened to Yamaha.

The same thing that happened to Korg and Roland probably. A combination of the Japanese economy going downhill along with the extremely conservative and rigid nature of Japanese corporate culture.

Yeah, what was Korg thinking? Can you imagine there are actually people out there, who, for years have wanted to play (and even own!?) a decent analog synthesizer? I mean, what's the deal with making these instruments accessible to people? The nerve! It's a bewildering business move, for sure. It's like, they weren't even listening to old curmudgeons complaining on internet forums. This chintzy, plastic Monologue is just gathering dust. It sounds like crap, the sequencer is impenetrable--I don't ever want to play it. It's basically an over-sized paperweight. Don't get me started on the SQ-1
Rex Coil 7
HA! So it IS a wavetable!

The Arturia Pigments

LINK = https://reverb.com/news/video-explaining-wavetable-synthesis-with-the- new-arturia-pigments-synth

... sorry, it's that one guy that talks ..... really ....... slow .... then .... speedsupattheendofthesentence.

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2