MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

2hp Verb vs Erics Synths Pico DSP vs something else
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author 2hp Verb vs Erics Synths Pico DSP vs something else
Andy137
Does anyone work with these modules in comparison? If not, you can just write about impressions of versatility of cheap reverb modules: 2hp Verb, Pico DSP or maybe something else.
Gyroscope
I have both. I'm not a reverb expert but I like them very much. As you know you get more effects with the Pico DSP but the downside is that it's 3hp. Can't go wrong with those two in my opinion.
reekster
For the price, the Pico DSP is very handy and fine. I'd like to compare it to a Black Hole
selfdestroyer
Both the 2HP Verb and the Pico DSP are FV-1 DSP based. They sound great, but out of the 2 I like the reverb algorithm that is on the Pico DSP.

Other than that I use a Strymon Big Sky externally for weirder/complicated stuff.
portabello
I have the 2hp verb and I think it sounds okay but not exceptional. It has a pretty typical digital reverb vibe which means it can be a bit metallic sounding if you use too much of it. You can't beat the size though.

I was also trying to choose between the 2hp and the Erica and the deciding factor for me ending up being the stereo inputs. I wanted to use a stereo delay in front of my reverb it in the signal chain and if I went with the Erica then I wouldn't be able to do that.
Accent
I quite like the Pico DSP verbs. As mentioned, the only real downside is the 3hp size, tho FWIW I was able to squeeze it into what was technically 2hp thanks to sliding nuts in my case. It's peanut butter jelly time!
strangegravity
I'v been doing some critical listening to both. The delays are nice on the Pico but I think the reverb on the 2hp sounds better. Reverb tone is very subjective hence a billion pedal choices.

I wish the 2hp delay was clockable. I usually run delay and and verb. You can only run 1 at a time on the Pico anyway.

For 4 hp I can have reverb and delay.
natureclubcassettes
the discontinued RT-60 also uses a FV-1 chip and is stereo in/out. it doesn't get much love but is an option and has limited cv control. another one that is discontinued and i don't hear about too often in the Pittsburgh verbtronic...

of course if space isn't a constraint, erbe verb. and if you have clouds, the parasite version is good too.
strangegravity
I had a Verbtronic. I'm a PGH fan but wasn't overly impressed with it. For 8hp it should have had more features. The Verbtronic mode was interesting. I also had an rt60, shoulda kept it.
southberry
I can understand the point to have a 2/3 HP reverb but
on the PICO only the reverb time is cv-controllable (tone on the saturated version) and on the 2HP only CV on MIX ....

except to put effect in the middle of the chain or to keep everything inside the modular (and avoid an attenuator + a preamp, or a dedicated pedal / modular module ) I think for the moment reverb pedal have more to offer for a better price ....

the more my set up is growing up, the more I prefer keep my HP for something that as no equivalent outside the modular world. Reveb at the end of chain with almost no CV control .... why must I put it in my case ??? I played with the Erica .... sincerely it can't really compete with a Polara or other pedal with the same price range ...
strangegravity
southberry wrote:
I can understand the point to have a 2/3 HP reverb but
on the PICO only the reverb time is cv-controllable (tone on the saturated version) and on the 2HP only CV on MIX ....

except to put effect in the middle of the chain or to keep everything inside the modular (and avoid an attenuator + a preamp, or a dedicated pedal / modular module ) I think for the moment reverb pedal have more to offer for a better price ....

the more my set up is growing up, the more I prefer keep my HP for something that as no equivalent outside the modular world. Reveb at the end of chain with almost no CV control .... why must I put it in my case ??? I played with the Erica .... sincerely it can't really compete with a Polara or other pedal with the same price range ...

I tote my synth around. It's nice not to have to fuss with a pedal board. I just grab my case and cables.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1