MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Group buys - joysticks and pots
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Group buys - joysticks and pots
flight
And, of course, I forgot to post here:

I found a supplier that has the old-style 100k large joysticks almost exactly like in the picture on Muffwiggler. the only difference is the knob which is cylindrical, 6mm round by 17mm long. Picture here: http://www.flightofharmony.com/images/stuff/jstick2.jpg
$10.00 each. I want to get these before someone else does, so this will be in the next day or so.

We're almost there, less than one hundred to go! So if there's anyone who wants some, let me know via email or PM.
Kwote
flight wrote:
And, of course, I forgot to post here:

I found a supplier that has the old-style 100k large joysticks almost exactly like in the picture on Muffwiggler. the only difference is the knob which is cylindrical, 6mm round by 17mm long. Picture here: http://www.flightofharmony.com/images/stuff/jstick2.jpg
$10.00 each. I want to get these before someone else does, so this will be in the next day or so.

We're almost there, less than one hundred to go! So if there's anyone who wants some, let me know via email or PM.

how is this price comparing with the aforementioned joysticks?
flight
The Yen is kicking EVERYONES' ass right now, so the aforementioned ones are now USD$14.198, ouch! very frustrating
The price difference is getting huge fast. Also, the $10 ones are already in the US so we don't have to absorb the (usually huge) original shipping bill, which is usually in the $250-$500 range.
Kwote
oh wow. mark me down for the $10.00 USA ones then. i'll take two. just tell me where to send the $20.00 and it'll be on it's way within the hour.
consumed
dont know how i missed this thread. sent PM for 4 'sticks, maybe more.
flight
@ kwote: here's my form response (40 people so far):
Quote:
Excellent, I'll get back to you with specifics after we have enough, but the generals: once this is confirmed, send money to me via PayPal, I order joysticks (shipped to me in bulk), I split the batch & send them out

wink
Kwote
flight wrote:
@ kwote: here's my form response (40 people so far):
Quote:
Excellent, I'll get back to you with specifics after we have enough, but the generals: once this is confirmed, send money to me via PayPal, I order joysticks (shipped to me in bulk), I split the batch & send them out

wink

ok. just figured i'd push a little since you said you wanna grab the $10.00 ones in a day or two.

just send me a pm with your paypal info when you're ready to do this.

werd.
flight
Heh, thank you! But I'm busy trying to source parts for several projects & don't want to think I have more money than I do.

I'm still very hesitant about taking people's money (even for the PBs). Weirds me out - it's the Asperger's/ADHD thing. razz

Oh yeah, I spoke with the supplier today & he said it'll only be $40.00 to ship them all to me. grin
consumed
a very very useful tool for calculating resistance mods:

http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=12520
parasitk
flight wrote:
ADHD

Ooh, I want an ADHD module!
flight
@ consumed: That's pretty cool, thanks! I usually just use the parallel formulae:
unknown total: Rt=(RaRb)/(Ra+Rb), or
known total: Rx=|(RtRa)/(Ra-Rt)|

But it's nice to see the asymptotic exponential behavior of the range plotted out like that. I added half-log and full log charts, check out the slope of 1k parallel: http://www.flightofharmony.com/tools/pot_parallel_resistor_720.xls

@ parasitk: I have a whole bottle of those! It says "Adderall XR" on the label tho. Sorry, you can't get 'em - you need a prescription. wink
flight
We've reached the minimum, so I'm starting the collection. hyper

Each joystick is 1.7oz./48.11g.
Packaging will be between 1.5oz - 5oz.
You can calculate your postage by going to http://www.usps.com, go to "Calculate postage", select your location & enter my details -
F.O.B.: I'll be shipping them from Seattle, Washington, 98115, USA

PayPal to my email below.

Thanks everyone, good job!
brandon daniel
sent.
flight
got it, thanks!
plord
also sent!
flight
SlayerBadger!
Cybananna
sent.

Guinness ftw!
flight
w00tz!
Soy Sos
$$$$$$$ent!
Kwote
SlayerBadger! sent! SlayerBadger!
wetterberg
payment arranged!

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

(in a movie trailer voice:)
Coming in 2009 - we can all be: THE MASTERS OF THE PLAN B M THIRTY TWO!!!!
flight
lol!
flight
RANT WARNING
I just received the batch of pots from Song Huei, and am now feeling 1000% vindicated.
Not so much from this forum, but when I spoke of getting these or the GH pots I received a number of attacks via email.
I am so fucking sick of the decrepit, stagnated, atrophied, thoroughly rotten and dripping of decay bullshit american mindset.
The "if I don't know it or it comes from forn parts, it must be shit" mentality.

I opened one of the four large boxes that I received, inside were two more boxes, plus two bags: one of washers, one of nuts. Upon opening one of the smaller boxes, I decided I had to take a contrast picture. Yesterday I received the "emergency" order of Alpha pots from Futurlec that was supposed to be here on the 23d. Any of you who have ordered large quantities of pots from Futurlec knows that they are shipped directly from the factory in Thailand, and you know they are in thin plastic bags that are guaranteed to have broken by the time you've received them.
I put the contents of two of those bags - exactly as they were removed from the paper envelope - nearby to show the contrast, and why I despise Alpha.

(Thumbnail, click for BIG pic)

I'd also like to mention that, this time, I had ordered 100kA, 100kB, and 1MA from Futurlec. The bag of 100 1MA contained 80 1MA & 20 1MB. Previous times, the bags contained different values, shaft lengths, housings styles, and pots that had been snapped in half. This batch just snaps in half when you try to insert them into the PCB. I don't know (or care) which is better.

I'm done now. My deepest gratitude to those who were either supportive, just didn't give a shit one way or the other, or at least reserved judgement. Apathy is MUCH better than aggressive ignorance.
Kwote
agression on this board? that's too bad. i hope that's not the norm.

don't flame in private it's lame.

i wrapped that moral like a gift. Ugghh!!
flight
Heh, almost a haiku!

Pardon the rant, I believe most - if not all = the flames originated off-list. I didn't sleep the night before last, so was pretty free-form yesterday...

Anyway: The Joysticks are here - all 63lbs. of them. eek!
We got the entire stock of 500, still in the factory boxes! I hope I'll find a date in there to assuage my curiosity... hmmm.....

I won't have time to get to divvying up the lot until this weekend, I'm trying to get an I.N.M together for NAMM & fill out some backlogged orders now that all my parts shipments have FINALLY come in.

BTW: did anyone else see the original PB that was up on eBay? That was awesome! K, must try that sleep thing tonight...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 3 of 6