MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Group buys - joysticks and pots
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Group buys - joysticks and pots
Luka
does that mean you will have extra joysticks to sell?
im hoping i can sort some money soon
flight
Yup, I'm going to try to keep some available for the DIY community.
neandrewthal
w00t!!
flight
Damn! I hadn't seen that emoticon before! eek!
Cybananna
Joysticks arrived today!

Thanks!
Soy Sos
Got mine today too. When I first saw the package I thought
"Woah, maybe Flight sent me some super secret digital glitch
delay prototype to test out!" Then I remembered....the joysticks.
hihi
I don't think anyone will ever be starting any
"never order from F.O.H." threads.
Keep up the great work!
wetterberg
pics, bitches! Mr. Green
flight
Yeah, sorry guys, I haven't had time or money to do any development. Soon though (gotta get the parts!). wink
Kwote
got mine too. looks good. one of em is pretty stiff though. the other is cool but a bit rough and squeaky. anyone got any tips for loosening and smoothing em up?

i figure some caig deoxit might do the trick.
flight
Hmm, try & see if they'll work loose and free up. They are probably 10-20 years old, and the lube may be caked up. If that doesn't work, you could clean them with good isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaner. Or send 'em back to me and I'll send you some better ones.
plord
Got my joysticks while I was in GA this week on business. Mighty quick smile

Flight (or anyone), have you got an FPD with the right cutouts and mounting screw holes etc? I'll probably jump on the DIY module kits but I have other plans for the panel.
flight
I assume you are speaking of a Front Panel Express native format file? Nope. But the datasheet is below, it has the PCB hole pattern at least.
Of course, these were not designed to be panel mounted, so they don't have those specs. Which way are you mounting them - drill holes in the corners or replace the hub screws with longer ones?
Is there a way to convert other formats to FPD? I have some templates in Illustrator CS3 format.
brandon daniel
Got back from NAMM show, had FoH joysticks waiting on my desk, thanks man!
plord
flight wrote:
I assume you are speaking of a Front Panel Express native format file? Nope. But the datasheet is below, it has the PCB hole pattern at least.
Hm, I could work it that way I guess but I was thinking of panel mounting for the highest density. Maybe I should get one of your "kit minus joystick" and then decide on the best construction method...
Quote:
Of course, these were not designed to be panel mounted, so they don't have those specs. Which way are you mounting them - drill holes in the corners or replace the hub screws with longer ones?
There ARE holes in the corners! I was going to tap them then find the right matching screws, or use self-tapping screws into the holes that are already there. But like I say, that may be the wrong call, so I'll wait a bit before I get all excited about panel design smile
flight
Umm, there shouldn't be any holes in the corners, that's only in the new style. Here are all the joystick templates I have made, with different views, different panel options, and the PCB layout.
brandon daniel
Just checked the ones I received, no top screw-holes, but the rectangles that make the sides of the joystick body all have holes at the four corners far enough from the throw of the js mechanism. Some U-shaped L-brackets could allow for panel-mounting.
spbaker
mine arrived in oz today! thanx Flight!
now i'm itchin for the kit!

patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue patience is a virtue aaarrgghhhh
flight
@ plord & brandon daniel:
The four corner holes in the templates are where the new style has them. I usually just drill holes there and use the self-tapping screws. I don't recommend using the little gaps in the corners! The housing will probably distort if you force some screws in there, as the side corners aren't fastened together. If a screw pushes out the side it will move the pot off-axis and will probably shorten the lifespan of the pot.

spbaker
lol, you're welcome!
I must apologize again, I can't believe how badly that snowstorm f*cked everything up over here.

Oh yeah:
Why do so many people not capitalize names? I see this a lot now & am a tad mystified...
brandon daniel
flight wrote:
@ plord & brandon daniel:
The four corner holes in the templates are where the new style has them. I usually just drill holes there and use the self-tapping screws. I don't recommend using the little gaps in the corners!

Uh, yeah, I wasn't suggesting that. If you think of the housing as a cube, and the side with the js is the top, the opposite side is the bottom, the four "walls" around the side have holes, each rectangle around the outside here has four holes (not counting the ones you're talking about above) that I think could be used... you'd use an L bracket for each of the four sides (with a cutout in the center to let the pots rotate freely.
spbaker
flight wrote:

Oh yeah:
Why do so many people not capitalize names? I see this a lot now & am a tad mystified...

capitals are SOOO 1995! lol
neandrewthal
w00t!!I got mine. Thanks so much!w00t!!
flight
@ brandon daniel: Oh, those holes. Okiedokie, have at 'em!

@ neandrewthal: Yah, you got a cram-packed box o' joy. smile
Luka
are there still more joysticks flight?

i am doing all i can to get some spare money to you but i am being hit from all sides repaying debt. will the opp still be there within a month or so. i am after about 5 or 6
flight
Yup, I've got plenty, you're good. Same price too.
Oh, I understand about repayment debt...
Luka
woohoo
i am about 2-3 weeks away then
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 4 of 6