MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[order] 100m-ish Audio Delay (euro) - panels are in.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [order] 100m-ish Audio Delay (euro) - panels are in.
fitzgreyve
The latest in my range of 100m clones - the Audio Delay (BBD) from the M-172 module.

It includes the original LFO circuit, where the output amplitude decreases with increased LFO rate

This has been in the pipeline for some time, but I've finally got it working to my satisfaction.

I've added an extra CV input, and the option to invert the resonance feedback path, plus a simple level/overload indicator.

As the MN3004 BBD chip used in the original circuit is now rare, the PCB is designed to accommodate either an MN3004, or the much easier to obtain MN3007.

The PCB should in theory also support various other MN30XX and MN32xx series BBD chips though only some of these options have been tested.

The PCB is banana friendly, and can be easily converted to run on +/- 15V.

Latest build doc attached.

PCBs are GBP 10.00
Panels (2mm Al, black on silver) are GBP 15.00

Some soundcloud links, each is just an unprocessed sawtooth straight into the delay:
- slow chorus
- fast chorus
- long delay flange (some slight overload distortion)
- short delay flange (some slight overload distortion)
- extreme delay flange incl. aliasing effects (normally you would adjust the delay range so that you can't get any aliasing from the front panel delay control).

Using an MN3004:
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-370549348/100m-delay-mn3004[/s]

Using an MN3007 (i.e. double the delay)
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-370549348/100m-delay-mn3007[/s]

Using an MN3007 with increased clock ("overclocked") to give same delay time as MN3004:
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-370549348/100m-delay-3007x2[/s]
tobb
cool!,i am interested in a PCB
chaotician
totally interested in one of these
Swyndger
Yes, I am very interested ... smile
Jarno
Looks great
Did you have a look at the bbd stompbox circuits by madbean? These also have jumpers for mn30xx and mn32xx bbd ic's.
mothertongue
Nice! Interested in 2 pcbs over here.
fitzgreyve
Jarno wrote:
Did you have a look at the bbd stompbox circuits by madbean? These also have jumpers for mn30xx and mn32xx bbd ic's.

No, but I've used a similar approach.

The Roland 100m circuit drives Vgg off the input bias voltage (not Vddd), so I've had to allow the option of the "standard" Vgg voltage divider as well for MN32xx chips.
LektroiD
Please count me in for a full set if still available...
FetidEye
I'm up for one pcb!
das_Produkt
I would be interested in one board.

It is to late in the process to ask for some kind of mounting hole or something else to help with mounting in another format than eurorack, I presume?
fitzgreyve
das_Produkt wrote:
It is to late in the process to ask for some kind of mounting hole or something else to help with mounting in another format than eurorack, I presume?

Sorry, the current PCB run doesn't include any fixings other than via the potentiometers. If not eurorack, you could mount some of the potentiometers on the PCB, and some off the PCB to get a wider control spacing on your panel if needed ?

The PCB is fairly packed, and I don't want to make it any deeper for euro use (it's currently 62mm deep).
woodster
I'd be in for a panel and pcb.
tron23
I am also interested in a panel/pcb set. Guinness ftw!
quanty37
I'm interested in a PCB as well
synthpriest
I would be interested in a PCB/Panel set too when this delay comes to life.
drowsnedoow
I’m interested in pcb and panel!
Pav
Interested for one PCB and panel .
drip.feed
1 x panel
1 x PCB

Please! Guinness ftw!
fitzgreyve
I'm just doing a test build on the latest batch of PCBs:
flab
Please a panel and a pcb for me, what else you hold on stock ftom your previous projects
drip.feed
Can I get an actual echo out of this circuit? Or is it for chorus/flange effects? Too few BBD stages for echo? hmmm.....
fitzgreyve
drip.feed wrote:
Can I get an actual echo out of this circuit? Or is it for chorus/flange effects? Too few BBD stages for echo? hmmm.....

As designed, it's chorus /flange as originally Roland used a 512 stage BBD.

MY PCB should (in theory!) also be able to also take a 4096 stage BBD (MN3005 - not cheap, not tested) which should give a delay of about 56mS, but still not long enough for echo.

Most BBD echo/reverb I've seen tend to use lower clock frequencies (10kHz or lower) to get longer delay, but with matching in/out filters (3Khz or so).
fitzgreyve
flab wrote:
what else you hold on stock ftom your previous projects

100m-ish:
LFO (PIC based)
Mixer
VCO Driver
Dual fixed HP Filter
Ring Mod
Quad signal gate

Other:
Polymoog resonator
ETI/Maplin Transient (PIC based)
dAhDShR (ADSR with initial delay and attack hold) (PIC based)
Overdrive engine (euro valvecaster)
Proxima - simple distance sensor to CV/gate
USB host - euro host PCB for hobbytronics USB/MIDI module

I'm also just putting together a simple trigger output expander for the transient and dAhDShR modules
fitzgreyve
I've now done a build using the production batch of PCBs - everything working fine:

I'll be contacting those who want only PCBs shortly, the order for panels will be going in after the christmas break.

The build document will be updated in the next few days (it is christmas!).

If anyone is (at least initially) considering building this using a BBD other than MN3004 or MN3007, please let me know and I'll try and prioritise that in the build document.
InfraXpert
Super, I need e couple of those PCBs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2