MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDI/CV Problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author MIDI/CV Problem
Bignorthumbrian
I’ve updated to 4.9 and now my Midi/cv G7 algorithm doesn’t work, the A socket glows blue, you can edit the parameters, but it doesn’t output anything. I reinstalled 4.9 but it made no difference.
os
I guess we're talking about a disting mk4?

Do other algorithms work as expected?
Bignorthumbrian
Yeah, the mk4 and other algorithms seem to work fine.
os
Have you checked the MIDI channel setting?

Does it still work if you go back to whatever firmware you were on before?
Bignorthumbrian
Went back to 4.6 and it still doesn’t work, checked midi channel, it doesnt respond and when you plug the CV out into a vco it plays a very low note. G8 responds to cv/gate but doesn’t seem to be putting any midi out.

I did use it a few months ago, can’t remember which firmware it was on, Any ideas?
os
I would double check the connection to the MIDI breakout.

Do the MIDI CCs to change parameters/presets work on other algorithms?
cryptogreen
I would also like to report that Midi->CV has been acting strange lately. I have been using it with an Elektron Digitone with the disting mk4 and occasionally when I stop the sequence it will stop working in the way described above. Thankfully in my circumstance, I can change to another algorithm and back again and G7 will start to behave itself again for a while.

I will see if I can record a video later today if I have time.
cuboo
[quote="os"]I would double check the connection to the MIDI breakout.

I Just soldered the midi break out, but found no documentation about how to connect it to the disting mk4. Any clues?
I tried every position, but nothing ... and yes MIDI is working. Also checked the settings in mk4
Thanks in advance
os
The breakout and the disting both have pin 1 marked on the 4 pin headers. These need to be connected. So whichever way round you put the cable, make sure those two pins match up.
Bignorthumbrian
os wrote:
I would double check the connection to the MIDI breakout.

Do the MIDI CCs to change parameters/presets work on other algorithms?

It seems to be okay, no dry joints, I’m not sure how to use other midi functions, I only got it for the midi/CV algorithm.

I’ll get another cable and try that, just in case it’s a faulty cable. The fault is certainly pointing at the midi breakout.
cuboo
os wrote:
The breakout and the disting both have pin 1 marked on the 4 pin headers.

Thanks for the quick answer.
OK, I found pin1 at the disting, but is SV1 pin 1 at the breakt out? very frustrating

Perhaps I am completely wrong, but how do I connect the 10 hole - 2x5 - cable to the 4 pins at the disting. It's confusing .. very frustrating very frustrating

[/img]
Oblivion
Red stripe is Pin 1. Page 85 of the manual might help you out as well.

As for which row on a 2x5 - try it both ways - it's either going to work or not, but won't break anything. My guess (I made my own breakout so don't know the ES expander) is BOTH rows are wired the same so it doesn't matter.

Edit to add: the header on the Disting is cleverly laid out so that even if you swap pin 1 and pin 4, it'll still work and not hurt anything, you'll just swap which is the In and which the Out.
cuboo
Thanks for the hint. Tried everything; it looks like I didn't solder the breakout correctly ... cry
os
@cuboo Your photo shows the Select Bus breakout, not the MIDI breakout. So you want to connect that to the power bus using the provided 16 way cable, not to the disting directly.
Oblivion
os wrote:
@cuboo Your photo shows the Select Bus breakout, not the MIDI breakout. So you want to connect that to the power bus using the provided 16 way cable, not to the disting directly.

I totally missed that. Sorry for the bad advice.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1