MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia applies to trademark "Synthi"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Arturia applies to trademark "Synthi"
chamomileshark
This is curious.

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/017988629

I've e-mailed Robin.
cretaceousear
Doesn't prior art stop them doing that?
Or do trademarks go free if out of use, like lapsed web domains?
leeski
They are still making Synthi's those lovely EMS guys
mritenburg
Arturia has probably licensed the Synthi from EMS and will be making a software Synthi instrument.

Also, if you look at the application, it is for a "figurative" mark meaning that it is the shape of the typeface that they are looking to protect, not the word itself. Did Arturia file an application for a trademark over the word "synthi" as well?
synthichap
Intersting.

Of course, considering that they have digital matrix patching down already, they might attempt a hardware version.
chamomileshark
mritenburg wrote:
Arturia has probably licensed the Synthi from EMS and will be making a software Synthi instrument.

Also, if you look at the application, it is for a "figurative" mark meaning that it is the shape of the typeface that they are looking to protect, not the word itself. Did Arturia file an application for a trademark over the word "synthi" as well?

It looks like the same typeface as that on my Synthi.
ArguZ
Good thing i just upgraded my V-Collection smile
ashleym
ArguZ wrote:
Good thing i just upgraded my V-Collection smile

As I am never in a rush to upgrade I can catch the cheaper (but later) upgrades. The new version would normally be announced by this time of year.
jfloftin
chamomileshark wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

Just what typeface is used by EMS?
Triglav
jfloftin wrote:
chamomileshark wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

Eurostile Extended probably.
jfloftin
Triglav wrote:
jfloftin wrote:
chamomileshark wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

Eurostile Extended probably.

I know that. The better choice is Microgamma font.

What I want to know is what did or does EMS use for the graphics on the machines themselves? Silverface or Morning Mist...
papz
For the Synthi A/AKS, texts are Akzidenz Grotesk and knobs scale numbers are Futura.
I don't know for the VCS3.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1