MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel Card ideas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel Card ideas
mestlick
I use my Easel with a 200 clone system, and wanted to have more flexibility triggering the Easel. I made a card that routes the two "to card" inputs to trigger the pulser and sequencer. Then I can use the keyboard pulse input to trigger the envelope. I used a 120k resistor to bridge the inputs to the triggers, and it works great.

I also glued some banana jacks to another card, for further experimentation. Gorilla glue worked great, and I used some shorting bars to space the jacks out and hold them while the glue cured.

Can I use a 120k resistor to go from an input to the envelope attack, sustain, or decay? Has anyone tried that? Is that what the breakout boards are doing?

How about a jack to a sequencer voltage level? Would that create a per-step external input similar to the MARF?

Is there any worry putting external voltages on these points on the card?





mestlick
Here's a video with the first card in action.

The card with the jacks is sitting there waiting for some resistors to be soldered on cool

angora
mestlick wrote:
Can I use a 120k resistor to go from an input to the envelope attack, sustain, or decay? Has anyone tried that? Is that what the breakout boards are doing?


I can't remember which resistor I used on my card with that routing. It is either an 820k or 1.2m since I wanted slight variations in decay.

mestlick wrote:

How about a jack to a sequencer voltage level? Would that create a per-step external input similar to the MARF?


I haven't routed the jack in to a sequencer step, but random routed to one of the steps is fun. I have a card setup wher the 5th step is random. It is a fun card since I also have random routed to the number of sequencer steps. So you get between 2 and 5 steps with the 5th step having a random voltage. It creates a nice amount of variation. It's a really cool routing IMO.
mestlick
Whoa, random to number of steps and step 5 does sound cool.

You have inspired me to start soldering up my card with the 4 jacks. I can have 6 inputs, including the two "to card" inputs on the Easel.

I also hadn't though about using larger resistors to get smaller variations.
Drillionaire
Here are the two cards that I've made that I find most useful. The preset manager card makes the Easel K much less frustrating to use.

As far as attaching the bananas to the PCB, I lightly sanded the PCB with some fine grit sandpaper, and then used some two part quick curing epoxy, haven't had any issues with rigidity at all.


hylaster
Drillionaire wrote:
Here are the two cards that I've made that I find most useful. The preset manager card makes the Easel K much less frustrating to use.

As far as attaching the bananas to the PCB, I lightly sanded the PCB with some fine grit sandpaper, and then used some two part quick curing epoxy, haven't had any issues with rigidity at all.




Drillionaire What value resistors are you using betw the input jacks and the EQ parameters? 120k?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group