MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel Card ideas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel Card ideas
mestlick
I use my Easel with a 200 clone system, and wanted to have more flexibility triggering the Easel. I made a card that routes the two "to card" inputs to trigger the pulser and sequencer. Then I can use the keyboard pulse input to trigger the envelope. I used a 120k resistor to bridge the inputs to the triggers, and it works great.

I also glued some banana jacks to another card, for further experimentation. Gorilla glue worked great, and I used some shorting bars to space the jacks out and hold them while the glue cured.

Can I use a 120k resistor to go from an input to the envelope attack, sustain, or decay? Has anyone tried that? Is that what the breakout boards are doing?

How about a jack to a sequencer voltage level? Would that create a per-step external input similar to the MARF?

Is there any worry putting external voltages on these points on the card?

mestlick
Here's a video with the first card in action.

The card with the jacks is sitting there waiting for some resistors to be soldered on cool

angora
mestlick wrote:
Can I use a 120k resistor to go from an input to the envelope attack, sustain, or decay? Has anyone tried that? Is that what the breakout boards are doing?

I can't remember which resistor I used on my card with that routing. It is either an 820k or 1.2m since I wanted slight variations in decay.

mestlick wrote:

How about a jack to a sequencer voltage level? Would that create a per-step external input similar to the MARF?

I haven't routed the jack in to a sequencer step, but random routed to one of the steps is fun. I have a card setup wher the 5th step is random. It is a fun card since I also have random routed to the number of sequencer steps. So you get between 2 and 5 steps with the 5th step having a random voltage. It creates a nice amount of variation. It's a really cool routing IMO.
mestlick
Whoa, random to number of steps and step 5 does sound cool.

You have inspired me to start soldering up my card with the 4 jacks. I can have 6 inputs, including the two "to card" inputs on the Easel.

I also hadn't though about using larger resistors to get smaller variations.
Drillionaire
Here are the two cards that I've made that I find most useful. The preset manager card makes the Easel K much less frustrating to use.

As far as attaching the bananas to the PCB, I lightly sanded the PCB with some fine grit sandpaper, and then used some two part quick curing epoxy, haven't had any issues with rigidity at all.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1