MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buying directly from Random Source web
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buying directly from Random Source web
FatRocky
I see there are buying options , but when i ask questions there is no answers.
I don´t want to end up sending payments to a non existing shop.

Anyone here had experience buying directly from their website?

thumbs up
jersupereq
I've purchased boards from them and have had no issue. I have also never received a response to any email I've sent them hmmm.....
lucid
In past I bought all modules for my serge directly from their web. And Ralf was responding to all my mails. Usually within a week, at the beggining also in two days. I am talking about period 2015-2017.
This year only communication about some troubleshooting, but also within 3 days I usualy get an answer. Last communication from November.
I have only good experience.

Edit: Fatrocky are you using contact form from thier web or do you have mail address?
Leverkusen
I have bought some of their kits over the years. Shipping was always fast and they are absolutely trustworthy to me.

I never sent them a mail though and response rate on his module threads on the forum also could be better I think.
syncretism
In my experience, R*S delivered quickly. The emails aren’t quite as rapid, but they come. It’s a legit business; you’ll be fine.
FatRocky
Thanks all
I got an answer , waiting now for confirmation of availability.
thumbs up
Voltage_Controller
They deliver orders very fast.

They answer emails decidedly **less fast**

That seems forgivable to me. It's peanut butter jelly time!
FatRocky
So , do you guys just add to cart and checkout+pay ? Do they always have in stock what the buying option shows?
Thanks
Revok
I bought the PSU from the site recently. Order confirmation and receipt arrived pretty much immediately and the box arrived in the states in a week.
emenel
All my orders have arrived quickly. I think they are pretty good at marking things as sold out or removing them if they’re not available.
nordlead
Hi guys,

glad this question came up as it allows me to explain a bit: over time, Random*Source has gained quite a bit of popularity (thanks to you guys!) which I'm very glad about. At the same time, this means a constant flood of emails coming in - orders, questions, feedback, inquiries - many of which cannot easily be ansered with Yes / No. So while I try to answer whatever I can, this can get difficult, e.g. when travelling, as anything that cannot be replied to within 1-2 days is likely to drown in the flood of new mails coming in. So in general we try to prioritize:

(1) Shipping orders
(2) Sourcing parts and keeping production going
(3) Dedicating a certain percentage to new developement / testing / R&D
(4) Answering emails and anything else

If we neglect (1), there will be more (angry) emails! angry
If we neglect (2), we run into production hiccups / out of stock - again causing more emails to come in ...
If we neglect (3), development would come to a halt - something I definitely want to avoid.
So deliberately email (and FB messages etc.) is done on a "best efforts" basis as I believe this approach provides ultimately the best value to anyone. nanners

Please do not hesitate to hit me again if you don't hear from me within a few days - screaming goo yo
Avjr
I guess most of us by now understand what it's like to run a small operation like R*S so we are patient.

Like i've been patiently waiting for the Res EQ... coff...coff... whistlin'
syncretism
Avjr wrote:

Yeah, that wait's been brutal.
nordlead
syncretism wrote:
Avjr wrote:

Parts have been ordered, pcbs (4U) are here ... should not take too long now! w00t
fonik
nordlead wrote:
syncretism wrote:
Avjr wrote:

Parts have been ordered, pcbs (4U) are here ... should not take too long now! w00t

In fact it is available now and in the online store again!
cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1