MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Re: Synthesis order issue
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Re: Synthesis order issue
Huba-Swift
I made a large Re: Synthesis order a month ago and it's still in it's pending stage. Nothing has been happening. I've contacted Ben about this twice but got no response so far. Does anyone know if something is up with Re: synthesis right now? Is anyone else having delays with their order? Or am I just impatient hmmm..... I don't remember my previous order taking this long and that was quite a large order as well. And with Ben not responding to any emails on top of that. Just getting a bit worried... I was really hoping to have these panels in for the winter break so there'd be some time to put them all together sad banana
thetwlo
uh? what is "Synthesis"?
Huba-Swift
Re: Synthesis is a website that sells 5U/MU panels for DIY projects such as Yusynth. If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure they also manufacture Moon Modular and reissued moog modular system panels.

Here's their site: https://www.resynthesis.shop/epages/zuunneamm4zd.sf/sec208dee421c/?Obj ectPath=/Shops/zuunneamm4zd/Categories/Panels-1
Flareless
I've got an order that's taken a while too but was dispatched yesterday.

Ben's usually great at communication so I hope everything's ok there.
lasesentaysiete
In my experience, it is always better to contact Ben and ask about lead times before placing an order. They can be quite long. I have also had communication difficulties with him in the past, but they were due to emails not getting through. Contacting via the contact page on the website solved the issue for me.
hamildad
I contacted him ages ago about sending my 2x Moog style knobs for a DIY build and got some responses but then nothing.... I've not chased since then but it seems he is not great and keeping correspondences going.

a different matter when you have paid money in advance though....

p.s. anyone in UK/EU have 2x Moog style knobs?
Gizmo
Ben is entirely reputable but yes the backlog is typical. My last order, which had some strict tolerance challenges, took 5 months, but it arrived in absolutely perfect form, as usual for his work. I am waiting on another at the moment.

He has mentioned recent supplier and material problems as contributing causes, and there have been frequent email gaps with his ISP. He has recently added equipment and some shop help.

Ben is sometimes active here at MW, handle Synthnut. You might reach him via MW PM, or email at synthnut@hotmail.com rather than his re:synthesis addresses.
Huba-Swift
Flareless wrote:
I've got an order that's taken a while too but was dispatched yesterday.

Ben's usually great at communication so I hope everything's ok there.
It's relieving to know that your order was dispatched only yesterday, and things are moving. Maybe mine is next in line then. hyper

lasesentaysiete wrote:

In my experience, it is always better to contact Ben and ask about lead times before placing an order. They can be quite long. I have also had communication difficulties with him in the past, but they were due to emails not getting through. Contacting via the contact page on the website solved the issue for me.
Contacting about wait times ahead of time is a good idea. I'll do that next time I place an order for sure. The contact page on his site is what I've actually been using to try and contact him. Oh well seriously, i just don't get it
Gizmo wrote:
Ben is entirely reputable but yes the backlog is typical. My last order, which had some strict tolerance challenges, took 5 months, but it arrived in absolutely perfect form, as usual for his work. I am waiting on another at the moment.

He has mentioned recent supplier and material problems as contributing causes, and there have been frequent email gaps with his ISP. He has recently added equipment and some shop help.

Ben is sometimes active here at MW, handle Synthnut. You might reach him via MW PM, or email at synthnut@hotmail.com rather than his re:synthesis addresses.
Thanks for the info Gizmo. Regardless of how long it takes, when Bens stuff comes in, it sure is always spot on.

Now that I know that longer lead times are normal I'm a lot less concerned about contacting him. I'm sure he's just busy with something at the moment or the messages aren't getting through.
josaka
knobs... not in uk but in europe..

https://www.banzaimusic.com/Plastic-Metal/

and in spain.. shippings a bit of a fukker..confused he has a few diff ones look at his items
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moog-style-big-knob-for-vintage-Minimoog-Vo yager-synthesizer-modular-systems/163389592541?hash=item260ac753dd:g:j nkAAOSwvg9XZFcY:rk:1:pf:0
Thalassa
hamildad wrote:
p.s. anyone in UK/EU have 2x Moog style knobs?


If you want the authentic Cosmo knobs and not a copy you can find them in Germany :

https://www.don-audio.com/Classic-1-Bakelite-Knob-25mm
JohnLRice
The original brand for those knobs is Cosmo, check out the below link to get part numbers that may help in your search:
http://www.cosmocorp.com/en/kp-handler.cfm?CAT=R&SUBCAT=1&KN=3&SRC=15

Here's a German retailer that sells some or at least off brand clones? I don't have any experience with the seller:
https://www.don-audio.com/Classic-1-Bakelite-Knob-25mm
https://www.don-audio.com/Knob-Moogy-02-L-Bakelite-Synthesizer-Tune-La rge
Gizmo
Huba-Swift wrote:
I'm sure he's just busy with something at the moment or the messages aren't getting through.

Unless he had a question about your order, sent you an enquiring email message which you never received, and is waiting for your answer! Happened to me. Periodic outreach is prudent.
josaka
cheers.. thalasaa/John I could not find that Don place in my bookmarks smile

thumbs up thumbs up
JohnLRice
Thalassa wrote:
hamildad wrote:
p.s. anyone in UK/EU have 2x Moog style knobs?


If you want the authentic Cosmo knobs and not a copy you can find them in Germany :

https://www.don-audio.com/Classic-1-Bakelite-Knob-25mm
Beat me too it! thumbs up
Dr Gris
I've bought fron Don-audio without problems, but years ago...

//M
Thalassa
I've ordered several times without problems. The owner is a great guy thumbs up
synthnut
Hi folks,

Sorry for any hiccups that have happened in my system. I'll say that it's been an "interesting" time this last year or so.
One area that I have not fully resolved is that of my ISP having migrated me onto a new platform that doesn't work properly. My emails have been messed up for months on end, sometimes they arrive or send, other times they don't. I was left without business emails coming in for several months I found out, just having thought it was very quiet initially! I'm still not getting notifications from the shop either.

I'll level with everyone about the paddling feet under the water, not excuses, but by way of being tranparent about the situation.
I foolishly do the whole production process myself, from sheets of metal in to finished panels out. Etching, punching, powder coating, screen printing etc. It increases flexibility, but also liability too..!

Aside from the email issue, there's been a whole trainload of production complications, with out of spec material, a supplier who refuses to deal with said inferior material, processing machines that died, imaging equipment that failed and numerous specialist (read as expensive as a car each) printing machines that have been hugely temperamental.

Amoungst others, I'd been doing panels for a certain well known but often mispronounced firm and had to give them the boot as battling to get stuff made against a mass of complications was destroying my life and business. Doing this was a really big deal, as they were probably half my turnover. Trying to claw back to healthy production again has been a bumpy road, as it seems one more bit of kit refused to work as fast as another was sorted!
I ended up buried in a cycle of fruitless efforts to get things back up to speed in order to sort out backlogs, so quite a few people will have experienced very long lead times. It's so hard to predict and keep people informed in these situations, I simply had no idea how long things would take and so can only apologise to those caught up in this!
It's so easy to get swamped when it's just you in these things and sometimes one needs the auto rescue people to come out and help put the wheels back on the truck. Not found that rescue company yet, so I can only apolgise for the hiatus.

Things are moving, if slowly once again. There's always been a telephone number on the website, please feel free to call if you need to discuss any orders, designs oor concerns, it's always nice to talk. I'm in the UK, so consider times, but I'm cool with calls up until 10pm or so here. You can also Facebook message me through the webshop any time of day or night.

Keep wiggling all!
TTFN
Ben

www.resynthesis.shop
www.bigbluewave.co.uk
JohnLRice
Thanks for the update Ben, I hope you get everything sorted out soon, if for nothing else your health and happiness! thumbs up Hug
Rex Coil 7
synthnut wrote:
Hi folks,

Sorry for any hiccups that have happened in my system. I'll say that it's been an "interesting" time this last year or so.
One area that I have not fully resolved is that of my ISP having migrated me onto a new platform that doesn't work properly. My emails have been messed up for months on end, sometimes they arrive or send, other times they don't. I was left without business emails coming in for several months I found out, just having thought it was very quiet initially! I'm still not getting notifications from the shop either.

I'll level with everyone about the paddling feet under the water, not excuses, but by way of being tranparent about the situation.
I foolishly do the whole production process myself, from sheets of metal in to finished panels out. Etching, punching, powder coating, screen printing etc. It increases flexibility, but also liability too..!

Aside from the email issue, there's been a whole trainload of production complications, with out of spec material, a supplier who refuses to deal with said inferior material, processing machines that died, imaging equipment that failed and numerous specialist (read as expensive as a car each) printing machines that have been hugely temperamental.

Amoungst others, I'd been doing panels for a certain well known but often mispronounced firm and had to give them the boot as battling to get stuff made against a mass of complications was destroying my life and business. Doing this was a really big deal, as they were probably half my turnover. Trying to claw back to healthy production again has been a bumpy road, as it seems one more bit of kit refused to work as fast as another was sorted!
I ended up buried in a cycle of fruitless efforts to get things back up to speed in order to sort out backlogs, so quite a few people will have experienced very long lead times. It's so hard to predict and keep people informed in these situations, I simply had no idea how long things would take and so can only apologise to those caught up in this!
It's so easy to get swamped when it's just you in these things and sometimes one needs the auto rescue people to come out and help put the wheels back on the truck. Not found that rescue company yet, so I can only apolgise for the hiatus.

Things are moving, if slowly once again. There's always been a telephone number on the website, please feel free to call if you need to discuss any orders, designs oor concerns, it's always nice to talk. I'm in the UK, so consider times, but I'm cool with calls up until 10pm or so here. You can also Facebook message me through the webshop any time of day or night.

Keep wiggling all!
TTFN
Ben

www.resynthesis.shop
www.bigbluewave.co.uk
Good luck with this Ben. Your situation (and almost spooky similarly worded explanation of what happened in my situation) aligns nearly to the letter with what happened to me during my little ten year long foray into audio processor production. I mean it's so oddly nearly to the letter the same.

I wish you "good luck" with a highly skeptical and cynical tone attached to the well wish.

A LONG TIME AGO ... IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY;
In my situation I was met with almost zero empathy, even though topping off my situation was the fact that I am a disabled American military veteran. Nobody gave two damned shits that I was trying my damnedest to provide people with their well deserved orders, all while pushing a ten ton cart uphill and against the wind ... on crutches (so to speak). The mainstream consumer didn't want to know all of that ... they just wanted their stuff.

Easily, the single most surprising thing to see was people that had absolutely zero at stake (they were not my customers and never had been) just wanted to see me burn. Hateful emails, I mean simply vile things said. People wanting to mob my home, some going as far as saying they wanted to light my house on fire in the middle of the night while my wife, my brother, and I slept. Others bent on putting me out of business, and still others going out of their way to sully my name. Again, these were not customers, these were people angry at the world (pick a reason) that found me to be a convenient target and relief valve to vent their anger and self hatred. Misguided ones that claimed to be acting in the name of social and moral justice. The whole thing triggered foul memories of a massive race riot I was once caught in the middle of.

I offered my home phone number, posted boldly on the top of the very front page of my website with an inviting encouragement to call me if anyone had any questions or needed information regarding the status of an order .... over the course of two years and numerous claims of my alleged "fraudulent" ways of doing business .... not one single person ever called .... not one time ... ever. Refusal to face the falsely accused is a sure sign of a pants-on-fire liar. My customers feared defending me in forums, they didn't want to face the flaming hot "anti Rex" coalition's wrath. Out of respect for my customers privacy I refused to post a "completion list" on my website. Even though I posted picture after picture of completed builds and orders, the black hearted lies about how I wasn't filling orders persisted. I'd post three, five, sometimes eight completed unit pictures per week, but still I was "defrauding my customers". Good God, if so, where in hell were all of those completions going to?

The worst part was my inability to defend myself against the out and out lies that were being fabricated about me, my business, and my intentions. Again, most of the troublemakers had absolutely zero at stake, they were not nor never had been customers. Some people just need to have control over the life/lives of others and if that means destroying them to do so then so be it. As I type, I realize that was not the worst of it (even though I've said it was). Actually, the worst of it all was that I took great pride in designing and building my particular types of designs, and seeing others doing their best to destroy my ability to do so was heartbreaking. And as I think of this even more, I believe that is what the "anti-fans" actually wished to do ... was to take something I loved away from me. "Pain" being their ultimate intention. The internet is full of broken souls like that.

In the end, I did everything in my power (and many sacrifices made) to put the needs of others before my own. I did my best, cleaned it all up ... quietly hung the "CLOSED" sign on the door and silently walked away.

So, I honestly do hope that you're met with more empathy and understanding than I was. Hang in there, good sir. Do no further to explain your uphill crawl, just continue to climb. Lastly, take what I post in my signature to heart, and hold it close.

My sincere encouragement and best thoughts sent your way, and keep on truckin'!

thumbs up

(apologies ... something about this entire situation in this thread has triggered some very sour memories ... it would appear I am venting, and heavily so ... I've said my piece ... time to go)

*** I'm not monitoring this thread ***


cool
Huba-Swift
Thank you for the update Ben. I get it (well kinda), many of my relatives own their own companies as well, one a metal fabricating/welding company, another a commercial construction company. I've heard many stories from both of them about delays, faulty equipment, and getting behind schedule. In one case it was a multi-million dollar project for the oil industry involving a special type of steel, but calculations regarding the heating temperature when welding were done wrong and virtually every weld needed to get buffed back out and re-done. It was a ridiculously huge set-back for a huge project. It's frustrating but these hiccups seem to be a part of any business. I hope you're able to sort out the issues with faulty equipment and get back on track. Best of luck thumbs up
Gizmo
Ben Marshall is a saint. His products are simply excellent and worth the wait.

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
. . .Some people just need to have control over the life/lives of others and if that means destroying them to do so then so be it. . .

A sad story and sadder still that this comment is true. It's tragic to have to avoid certain forums because of constant, needless, unhelpful, destructive and vile comments. But I fear that this is a reflection of human nature in some people -- the hateful and the sociopaths among us. To jump context somewhat, but the same idea: Facebook et al have an impossible challenge attempting to police the behavior of their users. They will never win regardless of the resources applied.
josaka
youtube and twiiter...waaay worse than facebook.
moronism is everywhere.. impossible to avoid..
the film idiocrasy is ahead of schedule.

..on a brighter note.. I just bought two Quad multiples from ben.. should be here early next week smile
synthnut
josaka wrote:
youtube and twiiter...waaay worse than facebook.
moronism is everywhere.. impossible to avoid..
the film idiocrasy is ahead of schedule.

..on a brighter note.. I just bought two Quad multiples from ben.. should be here early next week smile


They're in the post this morning! Had hoped to post them yesterday but someone I was waiting in for didn't arrive time and I missed the post cut-off.

Many thanks :-)

TTFN,
Ben
JohnLRice
I got my attenuator panel from Ben the other day, it looks nice! thumbs up
josaka
All Mults should be Quads !!
Cheers Ben thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group